Those with Reman Engines from Tousley-

NewDuuude

Established Member
Car has been down for a few months, was going to do a fully built motor, but to save a bit of money and hopefully much needed time, im thinking about a Reman.
This is my dd so i need it turned around quickly.

How did you all order your Reman?
Total price?
Shipping?

How much expected to pay for an engine swap?

weaselp1

Established Member
Car has been down for a few months, was going to do a fully built motor, but to save a bit of money and hopefully much needed time, im thinking about a Reman.
This is my dd so i need it turned around quickly.

How did you all order your Reman?
Total price?
Shipping?

How much expected to pay for an engine swap?

Tousley Ford sells the remans. I believe they are 6k but you get 2k back when you return the old terminator core. I think that price included shipping. As far as the price for the engine swap, I would call around to trusted shops and ask. Good luck!

JDUB348

Established Member
$4,000 all said and done. You have to spend $6,000 straight up for the engine, but then they refund you $2,000 for your old one. Shipping was like $120 i believe. It's a pretty simple swap to do IMO.

NewDuuude

Established Member
I know tousley is now autonation ford
Did you just call and ask about a reman?

svtshadow

Banned
I know tousley is now autonation ford
Did you just call and ask about a reman?

Call Tousley/Autonation. And tell them you want to speak to steve or Mike i think.
You pay 6000 + 150shipping (2way).
They send you the motor in an enclosed crate.
When you remove your parts, put old engine in the crate, then could steve so that he can have the shipping company come pick it up.

Me and my brother have remanufactured motors with the 9thread heads. And oh yeah you get good pistons too.
My motor is almost close to 70,000 miles on it with shit loads of abuse. The warranty is great. The whole remanufactured motor experience was a 10/10 great.

Nolimit

Established Member
Call Tousley/Autonation. And tell them you want to speak to steve or Mike i think.
You pay 6000 + 150shipping (2way).
They send you the motor in an enclosed crate.
When you remove your parts, put old engine in the crate, then could steve so that he can have the shipping company come pick it up.

Me and my brother have remanufactured motors with the 9thread heads. And oh yeah you get good pistons too.
My motor is almost close to 70,000 miles on it with shit loads of abuse. The warranty is great. The whole remanufactured motor experience was a 10/10 great.

You say good pistons...do you know who manufactures them? Im just curious because i too am debating between a 03 long block rebuild, a reman engine from ford or just starting with the big bore block from scratch.

What kind of power are these engines maintaining? Not trying to streal thread sorry.

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have had a Ford reman since 2005.
I has worked very well and stood up to a lot of abuse.
Current boost is about 21 making 733/682
The car is daily driven and frequently raced.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Some people swear by the reman engines as long as you don't push it too far. I think for a DD you want to get back into service quickly this is the way to go and the new lump shows up in a box. Ask to confirm about the 9 thread spark plug holes just because it matters.

Steve is no longer at Tousley or so I have been told. He's at another Ford parts distributer in RI. Steve is a rock star here on SVTP and I believe his new employer is a supporting vendor. I will get the name so you can get him to quote the new engine as well.

NewDuuude

Established Member
Just talked with Autonation
They are still doing the Reman Engines
Now i just need to find a shop for the swap.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Just talked with Autonation
They are still doing the Reman Engines
Now i just need to find a shop for the swap.

That's awesome. What all coms on the reman engine? I assume there's no blower or accessories, exhaust etc. Basically just a long block?

Users who are viewing this thread