Thoughts on fender hash marks

Tractionless1

Established Member
LOL at the people that are taking offense to the OP's tiny little KB sticker. We are unfortunately in an age of anything and everything sticker or graphics being declared AutoZone or rice. It's backlash for the out of control graphics of the early 00's and first three F&F movies. Back in the 90's a little bit of striping or graphics looked good if done right and was a standard part of moding out your ride. And yes even a few product decals. Most used to run something club or product related across the entire top of their windshield, shocking I know. Now it's all about being as plain as possible I guess. Ironically, one of the biggest things considered an out of date, junky looking mod back then was...Chrome Wheels.

OP - there is someone on here with a black Cobra with the silver hash stripes and silver wheels - they have a pic in their sig and I think it looks damn good. If I could get them in a really good looking chrome, which I don't think they can really do with vinyl, I would put them on mine.

No one's taking offense, you're just sensitive and Chrome wheels are still an out dated junky looking mod. :pop:

blacksheep-1

Established Member
They are on race cars so they can visually identify the car if they can't see the number, just like some use different color headlights of windshield tape. These are most popular on Corvettes not Ford products and it is Corvette that made them famous.

BTW the car looks great as is, I'm more of a "gunmetal" fan on black cars, but that's a personal thing, the wheels look good.

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
Personally I like hash stripes.I don't think thing are primarily for one kind of car.They are racing stripes on the fender instead of going doing the center of the car.And when your tired of them just take them off.Also they are a hell of a lot cheaper than end to end racing stripes.I surely would not consider putting V6 pony stripes going down my door.Especially on a Terminator.Here is a pic of my old 11 5.0.
image_zps3e87939a.jpg

image_zps4a6ed313.jpg

Works on the '05+ Big Body style, they're sassier. ;-)

SLPRCTM

Established Member
When this thread started, I was kind of curious as to how it would look. I like it. Adds a nice touch that is noticeable but not too out there and over the top like a full set of stripes. I think I might follow you with a set on mine. Would use flat/matte black ones instead. Thanks for the pics!! Looks good!

P Weave

Established Member
When this thread started, I was kind of curious as to how it would look. I like it. Adds a nice touch that is noticeable but not too out there and over the top like a full set of stripes. I think I might follow you with a set on mine. Would use flat/matte black ones instead. Thanks for the pics!! Looks good!

There was really only one way for me to make up my mind...and that was to just do it. Almost did the black or red. Either one of those look great! Post pics when you put them on!

mrose75

Established Member
No one's taking offense, you're just sensitive and Chrome wheels are still an out dated junky looking mod. :pop:

I disagree. 18 inch Chrome Reps are some of the sexiest wheels you can put on these cars.

On the other hand an all black rim, especially flat black, is "an outdated junky looking mod" (in 99% of cases).

quad

Established Member
I think flat black hash marks would have looked great with your car.

Ryan427

Established Member
Rookie stripes baby! Can be a nice touch. I put them on my '00 spring edition to match my matte black hood stripes "only on the drivers though like the '65 cobra"

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread