Three Afghan Soldiers Reported AWOL on Cape Cod

UncleDan

Established Member
Well ain't this the nuts. Right in my neck of the woods too.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...se-cape-cod/qPrmtD6AF7X51GtJeTMCfI/story.html

Three Afghan Soldiers Missing From Joint Base Cape Cod

Federal military officials along with state and local police are searching for three Afghanistan National Army soldiers who went missing Saturday night from a Regional Cooperation training exercise at Joint Base Cape Cod in Falmouth.

According to Massachusetts National Guard spokesman Lt. Col. James Sahady, the three men were senior military officers from Afghanistan and were cleared by the US State Department to participate in the exercise.

There are 200 people from six nations participating in the exercise, including 15 officers and senior enlisted personnel from Afghanistan. The annual exercise is held by US Central Command.

“Not all 200 people are locked down on base,” Sahady told Boston.com. At some points during their stay, participants are cleared to leave for dinner or to participate in activities off base without restrictions, he said.

A spokesperson for the Massachusetts State Police declined to comment on the search and referred inquiries to the US Department of Defense and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The three men were last seen Saturday while out at the Cape Cod Mall in Hyannis. It is unclear whether they were accompanied by Massachusetts National Guard soldiers while they were off base.

This is not the first reported case of Afghan nationals who have gone missing while undergoing a training program in the US. Two Afghan policemen who were in taking part in an intensive DEA training program in Quantico, Va., went missing while on a sightseeing trip last Thursday. They were found in Buffalo, NY, on Friday.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
They should have kept track of them, and lets hope they find them pretty quickly. But, these guys come into the country for training all the time. Disappearing is new, but they come and go all the time.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
They went out for some prime lobster dinners.

I made the mistake of reading this article on FOX news when I had it pop up... then I made the bigger mistake and read the comments.

Machdup1

Established Member
I'm more worried about 12+ Million other illegals in the country who really don't like Americans.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is the second recent occurrence of Afghan soldiers here for training going missing. The first group wanted to stay in the U.S. They were sent home. I would bet the second set are trying to stay as well. They will ultimately be found and sent back to Afghanistan.

colin450

Established Member
Just saw Mass State PD say on twitter they are possibly found at the Canadian border.

TennisNut

Established Member
A few days ago (forgive my brain as I read it on the internet) a retired US Army soldier climbed the fence at the white house and tried to "prove a point". Apparently he wasn't shot and made it either to one of the exterior doors, or possibly inside. Obviously some questioned his tactics, but I think what he did was perfect. If our CinC doesn't protect his own home, he isn't protecting anything else on our soil.

Users who are viewing this thread