Thump RRR Tensioner

lxhatch302

Established Member
Well my stock started snapping and poping a week ago so went ahead and ordered in a Thump unit.

So far not real happy with it. It squeals like a mofo, snaps randomly,the 1/2 ratchet end should be more angled so its easier to put a ratchet in....

I never had any problems before the stock tensioner fails( i could grab it by hand and push it down)....now this thing was $380ish bucks and it sounds terrible

anyone else have a problem with theirs???

this is not a manual tensioner

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
stocker is shit- and your the only person I have ever seen to have any kind of problem with one. I loved mine-very nice piece- did you call them before posting? as for never having problems before you put it on-your stocker was failing yes? so maybe you have another issue?

lxhatch302

Established Member
stocker is shit- and your the only person I have ever seen to have any kind of problem with one. I loved mine-very nice piece- did you call them before posting? as for never having problems before you put it on-your stocker was failing yes? so maybe you have another issue?

calling them today...

the stocker gave out is why it was replaced as i said in the other post, i could grab it by hand and push it down

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
My stocker has been through more belt changes than full tanks of gas in my car lol. It's been through at least 15 blower changes and just as many pulley combo changes and still going strong.

If mine goes out I'd probably put another stocker back on.

lxhatch302

Established Member
My stocker has been through more belt changes than full tanks of gas in my car lol. It's been through at least 15 blower changes and just as many pulley combo changes and still going strong.

If mine goes out I'd probably put another stocker back on.

yah my stock one was great up until the spring gave out...

i called them and they suggested that i need to make sure the pulley was on correct..

I took pictures and emailed them to him to see what he says...ill post pics later but to give a lil tid bit...

with the pulley installed where the front lip of the pulley is flush with my idlers, the belt is almost 1/16 off the front edge of the idler(the way i was told it should be)....with the pulley flipped around(way i installed it) the belt sits about 3/8 fron the front and maybe has a 1/8 on the back side from the pulley...

Knowing my luck its a monday or friday made part and someone wasnt paying attention :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread