Ticket for "Muffler Violation"

no cigar

I want a $944 camera!
Established Member
Hey guys. Just a quick question. I received a citation for a "Muffler Violation (Noise)" from a small town cop. My car is loud, yes. Has no cats, yes, but the officer took no noise reading, never looked under the car, and never really told me what I was in violation of other than his own opinion that my car was too loud.

Written in the violation field is as I stated above, "Muffler Violation (Noise)".

Please tell me this is a quick fix.

Thanks.

leo2hot4tv

Established Member
Hey guys. Just a quick question. I received a citation for a "Muffler Violation (Noise)" from a small town cop. My car is loud, yes. Has no cats, yes, but the officer took no noise reading, never looked under the car, and never really told me what I was in violation of other than his own opinion that my car was too loud.

Written in the violation field is as I stated above, "Muffler Violation (Noise)".

Please tell me this is a quick fix.

Thanks.

Here in Florida, if they can hear your car audio clearly from more than 10 feet away it's too loud and you can get a ticket for it. No dB reading involved. It might be similar to that, i don't think he has to take a dB meter to it.

jbs$

Established Member
Remember, traffic court is a volumn operation, never go there seeking justice. Your best hope is, on a good day, for a little mercy.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
Many jurisdictions do not require any noise level testing to be conducted at the time of the traffic stop.

Also, by your own admission, your exhaust is illegal in every state of this country.

I also noticed you have no question...

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Around here if you get a ticket for this they require you go to a state inspection facility. There they will fully inspect for violations and if you fail to do so they suspend your registration.

I got to a point where I could swap the cats out in 20 minutes.

oldmodman

Established Member
Put your stock exhaust system back on (you did keep it, didn't you?) then take it to whoever needs to verify the legality of your exhaust. Then leave your legal system on the car and stop annoying the police.

4a7191a

Established Member
i got pulled over one time for my bassani's. told the officer theyre 49 state legal and he didnt bother with the ticket. im not even sure if thats true, lol

samshady

Established Member
49 state legal is emissions standards C.A.R.B # only. The only exhaust 49 state legal for sounds is factory exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread