time for brakes

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
+1 to Jimmy.
Unless you spend $4K on a stoptech/brembo/baer drilled set up stay solid.

Stock size/replacement drilled or slotted has no place on the racetrack. They are fine for bling and street use only.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
I plan on going with aerospace or strange engineering brake kits [drag racing] ...what is the general opinion on these?

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Oh so you meant ROTORS!!!

I use the cheapest blank stock style rotors I can find on sale as long as they equal the OEM Brembos, and I use Carbotech pads.

Yes I use a different set of pads on track, still Carbotech though.

They are the quietest, most rotor friendly, low dusting, high grip pads I have found so far.

What ever you guys decide to get MAKE SURE YOU BED THE ROTORS AND PADS IN CORRECTLY!!!
This is such a huge mistake that keeps happening over and over day after day.

I have no plans of changing brands at this time.:beer:

I actually remember hearing about carbotech bads, which ones do you use on the street and how much do you get them for? Any specific retailer? (If you don't mind me asking)

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
LOL jimmy that was pretty good. I dont need anything exotic looking. My car isnt exactly eye catching nor is it a show car anyways so i dont really care.
Ive been talking to those guys, and they suggested just the slotted rotors if i am going to track it(and for the price, they cant really be beat).

Im not going to get them right away as Im strapped for money, but maybe partway through the summer as the rotors on my car are original i think anyways lol but theyl work fine for now no doubt.
If your rotors are not below spec run them till the aren't or till they crack, just scuff em w/ sand paper prior to bedding in new pads.Ive looked at the brakiing ducts, but then i have to take my fogs out, and i can barely see anything as is because of the smoked headlights, but oh well. What duct set do you recommend? agent47? griggs? Or home made? I would get some of the duct scoops available or make some to use at the outer corners of the lower grill opening. I am getting old so I need all the night vision I can get too. The kit I used is the one I recommend, it is by 99cobra2881 Anthony, check out this link: http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...95546-brake-cooling-ducts-27.html#post9577062

But i agree with you in everything you said and completely understand. And now with my new job i have a better chance to road track my car a few times this summer. The rest of my brakes are already done. Well see what this summer brings

I actually remember hearing about carbotech bads, which ones do you use on the street and how much do you get them for? Any specific retailer? (If you don't mind me asking)

I have been buying direct from them, they have given me a small discount though SCMC. Street use I use the Bobcat compound revised and renamed as #1521. I always call, and I tell them I post on this forum and SCMC and could I get a discount. I also tell them I love the pads and speak highly of them on a couple forums which is easily verifiable.

A link to the compounds available:
Carbotech Performance Brakes

BTW The dust is noncorrosive so if it rains and you have dust on your chromies you don't have to freak out like you do with some brands.

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Expensive... Honestly though they are kind of a waste until you truly need them

I don't plan on spending $$ on my brakes until I have to.

Just whenever i have to replace rotors or pads, I'll just go ahead and pick up the brake kit.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
DOH! Tirerack doesn't have those brembo blanks for the front anymore. Too bad because they had a great price on them. Anyone find a place that sells them for a good price?

carkrazy

Nitrous Junkie!
Established Member
I bought this kit from SSBC about 7 months ago for under $400. bucks and I can't say enough good things about it.. I drive pretty aggressive and these brakes have held up real nice. I'm pretty maticulous with the maintenance and have not seen any cracks on the rotors. for the money you can't beat em.

SSBC :: A2360007

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I bought this kit from SSBC about 7 months ago for under $400. bucks and I can't say enough good things about it.. I drive pretty aggressive and these brakes have held up real nice. I'm pretty maticulous with the maintenance and have not seen any cracks on the rotors. for the money you can't beat em.

Still kinda pricey, think I'll stick with Napa or Vatozone.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I offer Front and Rear blank Zinc plated rotors (100% brembo spec) along with Hawk HPS pads (F&R as well) for under $320 and they sell pretty good

:shrug:

My94GT

Established Member
Expensive... Honestly though they are kind of a waste until you truly need them

i have to agree here, they are both nice set ups but maybe money could be spent else where first when stock brake set ups can get the job done just fine.

ZorbaCobra

Μεγάλο πέος
Established Member

Looks like a good little bargain...I might be going for it next month. (and NO I don't "need" slotted rotors I "want" them lol)

Users who are viewing this thread