Time to drop the car.. what is really needed?

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
I only did springs and phb with h&r super sports. Front has a bit of negative camber. Something camber bolts could fix but at this point I'm just going to get coilovers.

Badlilstang

Established Member
I only did springs and phb with h&r super sports. Front has a bit of negative camber. Something camber bolts could fix but at this point I'm just going to get coilovers.

Yeah, your ride is LOW! I keep bouncing back and fourth between the Steeda and the BMR kit but I feel if I am going to do it I want a drop that will be noticeable compared to stock. BMR it is!

MR.SVT

Established Member
Thank you.. my car has 3k miles on it.. I hope it doesn't come apart when I do mine lol. I was thinking BMR but im afraid my rear tires will rub. I am running wheel replicas FR500 20x10 with a 295x35R20... Any idea if rubbing will be an issue?

DSC_0300_zpsf8d4faae.jpg

DSC_0329_zps9edde498.jpg

DSC_0289_zps357dfc41.jpg
Wheels look great!:rockon:

MR.SVT

Established Member
Thx! Just crossing my fingers everything clears with the BMR springs. The 295/35r20 have me a little worried.

I think it will be fine close, but good...I have Steeda Sport springs I think the 295's will clear also.....:beer:
Don't forget the pics once its dropped.

AMWill

It's already been said a few times, but yet again- an adjustable panhard bar is really all that's needed for an 11+ Mustang on lowering springs. If you're going with a really significant drop, camber bolts are helpful. Even then, I wouldn't say it's required.

OP, I see you've decide to go wit the BMR springs, which are great! The factory struts and shocks should work okay with these springs, but I would upgrade them when you have the chance. As a drop this low, an aftermarket set of dampeners will go a long way for handling!

I saw someone mention the Koni STR-T's on the first page of this thread. Those Koni's have got to be the best bang for you buck when it comes to suspension dampeners. They get my vote if you're looking to upgrade!

Shane

numbnutz

Established Member
Thx! Just crossing my fingers everything clears with the BMR springs. The 295/35r20 have me a little worried.

You'll be fine. I run BMR's with 295/35/20's and it clears, haven't had any rubbing going over curbs, train tracks, etc.

kingnut

Established Member
Thank you.. my car has 3k miles on it.. I hope it doesn't come apart when I do mine lol. I was thinking BMR but im afraid my rear tires will rub. I am running wheel replicas FR500 20x10 with a 295x35R20... Any idea if rubbing will be an issue?

DSC_0300_zpsf8d4faae.jpg

DSC_0329_zps9edde498.jpg

DSC_0289_zps357dfc41.jpg

drop that thing already or pick me up so we can go mudding.

MODCOBRA

Established Member

I have Steeda sports and am running 295/35/20 and there is no issue at all. Also running stock shocks and rides very well. One of the techs at Steeda (believe it or not) told me unless you "needed an adj. shock", don't get them. The stock shocks are fine. I also have the Steeda caster/camber plates. On my car they were needed. Maybe you will get lucky.

Zevox

Established Member
I just went all in when I did my suspension so I wouldn't have to do it over. I'm not sure if that was the best choice regarding funds but I got a decent deal on it all. My car is running BMR springs, UCA and mount, LCA's and relo brackets, panhard bar, camber bolts, GT500 strut mounts, Strange struts, and Viking shocks. I spent a hunk of change on it all but very worth it. The only thing I think I over bought on looking back is the Viking shocks, I'm sure Strange's would have been fine for me. Ride is better than stock Brembo suspension and not harsh at all. Just put some 275/35r20's on and it made the ride a little more stiff feeling since I'm on 20's now and not 19's but still okay.

Badlilstang

Established Member
I am back leaning towards the P springs. Only because I HATE any type of NVH issue and I have read anything beyond 1" can create NVH issues (not always) but it sometimes takes LCA to fix pinion angle but then the LCA can introduce NVH not to mention I don't want to drop anymore cash into the suspension at the moment. I have an NVH right now I am goin gto have ford look at. Might be completely normal but I won't know until I test drive one to compare. Feels like a scrubbing or very high speed vibration at 40ish mph.. I notice it if I go from 50 and lift of the gass slowly down to 40. It did this before my new wheels and exhaust. I had hoped hte new wheels would fix the issue thinking it was a tire problem!

EDIT: I think my rear end will sits a little lower than stock already. I have almost a full bulk kit of deadner back there with a 12" sub box and 2 amplifiers. The P spring kit on my car should be a hair closer towards level than a car wtihout the extra weight in the trunk.. I think...

Last edited:

SirJAG

Established Member
I am back leaning towards the P springs. Only because I HATE any type of NVH issue and I have read anything beyond 1" can create NVH issues (not always) but it sometimes takes LCA to fix pinion angle but then the LCA can introduce NVH not to mention I don't want to drop anymore cash into the suspension at the moment. I have an NVH right now I am goin gto have ford look at. Might be completely normal but I won't know until I test drive one to compare. Feels like a scrubbing or very high speed vibration at 40ish mph.. I notice it if I go from 50 and lift of the gass slowly down to 40. It did this before my new wheels and exhaust. I had hoped hte new wheels would fix the issue thinking it was a tire problem!

EDIT: I think my rear end will sits a little lower than stock already. I have almost a full bulk kit of deadner back there with a 12" sub box and 2 amplifiers. The P spring kit on my car should be a hair closer towards level than a car wtihout the extra weight in the trunk.. I think...

For what it's worth I think the P springs are a mistake it really doesn't even look lowered after a while just my personal opinion.

The BMR springs on all the stock hardware really isn't an issue.

Good luck buddy

Badlilstang

Established Member
For what it's worth I think the P springs are a mistake it really doesn't even look lowered after a while just my personal opinion.

The BMR springs on all the stock hardware really isn't an issue.

Good luck buddy

Yeah, depending on the deal I come up with the BMR is what I WANT.. but it may come down to what i can afford since I have seen some killer deals on P springs. Thanks for your input.. wish I was closer to go for that ride!

helli217

Established Member
My car has P springs. I didn't want it dumped, but the P were not enough for me. Not to mention thew ride height of the rear is 1/2" higher on one side. It's noticeable. This is with panhard adjusted and aligned to spec.

I bought H&R SS and BMR springs. I am going to install BMR hopefully this week (no time) and let them settle a bit. Once they do, if they are enough, I'm just going to sell the new H&R SS. If you haven't bought something yet I'll post the difference between P and BMR. (I also have 20x10 with 295/35/20 rears.)

Justin81

Established Member
I am going to jump into this thread.

I just bought a pair of wheels and now I need to get my ride height right. Right now it sits high. I really don't want the car fender lip to tire either. I'm pretty sure the 1.5 is the drop i'm looking for. I have been exploring options as of right now. I have a $1200-2000 budget to do it. I talked to BMR yesterday and he pointed me in the right direction of what I need as far as parts.

Badlilstang

Established Member
My car has P springs. I didn't want it dumped, but the P were not enough for me. Not to mention thew ride height of the rear is 1/2" higher on one side. It's noticeable. This is with panhard adjusted and aligned to spec.

I bought H&R SS and BMR springs. I am going to install BMR hopefully this week (no time) and let them settle a bit. Once they do, if they are enough, I'm just going to sell the new H&R SS. If you haven't bought something yet I'll post the difference between P and BMR. (I also have 20x10 with 295/35/20 rears.)

Some before and afters would be great.. Like Stock to P spring then P spring to BMR.. the 1/2 inch higher on one side.. do you mean front to rear or driver side to passenger side? I would be checking the orientation of hte springs and strut mounts if you are sitting higher on one SIDE of hte car..Only time my car sits half an inch lower on one side is when my wife rides with me.... ok im going to hell for that comment...

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Some before and afters would be great.. Like Stock to P spring then P spring to BMR.. the 1/2 inch higher on one side.. do you mean front to rear or driver side to passenger side? I would be checking the orientation of hte springs and strut mounts if you are sitting higher on one SIDE of hte car..Only time my car sits half an inch lower on one side is when my wife rides with me.... ok im going to hell for that comment...

LMMFAO!!!! :lol:

Hopefully she doesn't peruse the forum

Users who are viewing this thread