Time to refinance?

_Snake_

Established Member
Not the S3,....I want the RS3.
2 completely different machines. The S3 is a great car as well. Pretty quick.

Sorry man. I knew you were interested in the RS and missed the “R” when I replied. But my feedback would be the same regardless.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry man. I knew you were interested in the RS and missed the “R” when I replied. But my feedback would be the same regardless.
No worries bro.
I'm just thinking out loud right now anyways. I'm not ready for a new daily for a little while.
Plus with this recession coming, I'm holding out on big purchases.

96dreamer

Established Member
do NOT use rocket/quicken. They are 30-40% higher than anyone else on closing cost. Trust me, I just went through their bullshit. PLEASE shop around with a different company and you will save thousands (I saved 5 grand)
Thanks for the heads up. I still haven't committed with rocket. Should be talking with a local credit union today that had rates advertised under 3 recently.

jaxbusa

Established Member
We missed the boat last week, but our paperwork is being done now ready to pull the trigger if rates drop again.

What rates are you wanting/ waiting for? Yesterday I was quoted 3.2% on a 30 year. That seems good to me. I just want to make sure I’m not jumping on it too early. This is for a refi.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
What rates are you wanting/ waiting for? Yesterday I was quoted 3.2% on a 30 year. That seems good to me. I just want to make sure I’m not jumping on it too early. This is for a refi.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

As low as I can get lol. Ultimately i'd like to get 3.25% or lower on a 15 year.

My lender said he locked in a 15 year 2.8% with zero points last Monday, when I spoke to him Wednesday it was up over a point already. And our application isn't finished/approved yet.

lilcoop03

Established Member
I talked to my contact at WF Monday and she said rates were trending upward again...:/

I told her to alert me when I can refinance in the 2.5% range and I'll pull the trigger

lilcoop03

Established Member
I locked a 2.5% rate last week for a 15 year refinance. Payment is going up only $200 but I pay it off twice as fast (by the time I am 51 years old)

Oddly, they are telling me that appraisers are now doing "drive by" appraisals due to the virus.. WTF?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I locked a 2.5% rate last week for a 15 year refinance. Payment is going up only $200 but I pay it off twice as fast (by the time I am 51 years old)

Oddly, they are telling me that appraisers are now doing "drive by" appraisals due to the virus.. WTF?
What bank did you go through?

Established Member

What are the closing costs, all in? I wouldn't mind rolling mine down to a 15.

lilcoop03

Established Member
What are the closing costs, all in? I wouldn't mind rolling mine down to a 15.

Cant remember the exact number but its around $5k, which will be rolled into the loan, and Im actually getting like $600 back at closing..

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
In the process right now on a fresh 30-year (just bought the house 22 months ago) 3.31%. Assessor comes (or drives by) on Monday. Fingers crossed. City assessor visited last January and our taxes went up $2200. House was basically completely redone and evidently the city thinks the countertops are made of elephant ivory.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Signed my paperwork this morning for 3.125 over 30 years. Not bad.

I'm waiting to get mine finalized at the exact same rate. My appraiser didn't do a drive by he came in and took pics etc. It appraised way higher than I thought so all the closing costs are rolling into the loan and nothing out of pocket. Just waiting to sign!

96dreamer

Established Member
Keep an eye on closing costs and fees. As mentioned earlier rocket mortgage is high, mine was around 5k closing costs when I first started looking. I ended up with a better rate and more cash at closing because i went through a credit union that only had 2k closing costs.

Users who are viewing this thread