Tired of losing! Need some advice

IGOTTHESNAKE

Established Member
i got a 99 cobra bone stock and need to make it faster minus forced induction no one in my state (wyoming) has a dyno but the cars that beat me example modded sti's and evo's they dont beat me by much from a roll they will just slowly pull from me and im wondering what mods should i do that will make my car keep up if not beat them
i was think for this week ill do a rear cat delete and a flowmaster cat back with some 4.30 gears and then next week order a tuner what do yall think?
thanks in adavance

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
If it doesnt have the fix then get that. Decent intake, Ported Lower Intake, LT Headers (if you want to do it. Its a pretty labor intensive project) O/R pipe, good catback, 4.30 gears, and a good shifter.

Get Full length subframe connectors just to stiffen the car up as well

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
not having a dyno nearby is no exscuse either there are plenty of places that do mail order tunes...also take a weekend if you wont do a mail order and drive your car to a good shop

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
Where in Wyoming are you? I lived in Casper for awhile. That high altitude really sucks for making power but your best bet for mods in order of preference and economy are: Gears (4.30), JLT Cold Air Intake, Off Road X-pipe (no cats) and Tune. Catback wont get you much in the way of performance, especially not the Blowmaster. Get anything but that if you really want a catback.

These mods will make your car feel like an amimal. You'll need drag radials to hook up. Careful with the STi's and EVO's, you might suck their windhshield out as you go by.

And do check to see if your car has had the fix.

IGOTTHESNAKE

Established Member
Where in Wyoming are you? I lived in Casper for awhile. That high altitude really sucks for making power but your best bet for mods in order of preference and economy are: Gears (4.30), JLT Cold Air Intake, Off Road X-pipe (no cats) and Tune. Catback wont get you much in the way of performance, especially not the Blowmaster. Get anything but that if you really want a catback.

These mods will make your car feel like an amimal. You'll need drag radials to hook up. Careful with the STi's and EVO's, you might suck their windhshield out as you go by.

And do check to see if your car has had the fix.

yeah i live in casper ha ha
my car had the fix and was serviced for everything

i just ordered subframe connectors ,my gears 4.30s was thinking about the 4.56s but i might like to drive my car to colorado and get it dyno tuned ha ha and bought one of those k&n drop in filters will see what the gears do for now... winter is here so ill prolly only get to drive my car a couple more times befor the snow starts hammerin down

anyone know ware to get the a cheap set of drag radials ??? 275/40/17? i wouldnt care it it was a taller profile eather like a 45 or even a 50 series

thanks everyone!:banana:

Last edited:

coolguy10786

Established Member
yeah i live in casper ha ha
my car had the fix and was serviced for everything

i just ordered subframe connectors ,my gears 4.30s was thinking about the 4.56s but i might like to drive my car to colorado and get it dyno tuned ha ha and bought one of those k&n drop in filters will see what the gears do for now... winter is here so ill prolly only get to drive my car a couple more times befor the snow starts hammerin down

anyone know ware to get the a cheap set of drag radials ??? 275/40/17? i wouldnt care it it was a taller profile eather like a 45 or even a 50 series

thanks everyone!:banana:
If you want to keep your car N/A, go 4.56. Wish i had, but at the time wasn't sure what i was going to do with the car.

03cobra2fast4u

Some Nitrous would definently give your snake more of a bite. A 50-75 hp shot should be good enough to do some damage. If u do more racing from digs, your going
to want to hook so I would reccomend some drag radials. Good Luck

matt87

Established Member
i did the mods in my sig all in the past few months. my car felt soooo slow when i first got it in july. i wouldnt waste my time with a k&n drop in, get k&n cone filter at least. with the mods in my sig my car feels like a totally different animal.

totheduals

Established Member
Get a JLT Cold Air Intake and some Steeda Pullies too. And while changing the gears get an Aluminum or Carbon Fiber Driveshaft.
This plus whats listed above will give you all you need!

bent99

Established Member
When you nice gentlemen say get a tune , do you mean like a Job Spetter jr. tune or a sct tuner tune to add some timing or what not. ? I guess im looking for more power too. What gears come stock? thanx

quikcobra

Established Member
I have a 99 cobra I love!!!! I would recommend intake (plastic metal intakes suck jmo), atleast, catback (I am loyal to flow master), x or h-pipe ( again im loyal to bbk), And 100 shot to stay safe. Then your gonna eat them.

I have a wrx dont lt that h4 full ya tho

Users who are viewing this thread