Tired of losing! Need some advice

fangs99

Established Member
first off hp is nothing if you can't plant it. so a good set of dr's really help from a dig.
next JLT CAI not RAI ,sct xcal tunner , o/r mid pipe and cat back. then to row thows gears
short shifter& and handle, clutch quadrant, and a stronger clutch.

Last edited:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
i got a 99 cobra bone stock and need to make it faster minus forced induction no one in my state (wyoming) has a dyno but the cars that beat me example modded sti's and evo's they dont beat me by much from a roll they will just slowly pull from me and im wondering what mods should i do that will make my car keep up if not beat them
i was think for this week ill do a rear cat delete and a flowmaster cat back with some 4.30 gears and then next week order a tuner what do yall think?
thanks in adavance

ask some of the STI and Evo guys where they are getting dyno time and tunes at

Sny714

Established Member
Damn straight, I am not spending anymore money on my 01, saving for used C5 Z06 with mods or LS3 :rockon:

Did you forget that you said this on 11/8?:poke: haha

Also, to the OP: Get whichever exhaust sounds good to you. Dont get a catback that u dont love because it will give your 3 more hp than flowmaster.

Last edited:

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
Do the cheap easy stuff first. Underdrives, Cold air, and Tune. You can do all those in about an hour and pick up a solid 20-25rwhp.

wma8706

Established Member
since your car is a bit heavier than a coupe.... I'd get the 4.56 gears and drag radials. There's a member here with plenty of racing vids of his red 99 cobra coupe with 4.56 gears pulling on all kinds of modded cars.... sti, evo, c-5 vette and srt8.

Users who are viewing this thread