Tires

Black Chip

Established Member
There has always been some debate on whether to mount a Nitto 315 DR tire on a stock rim. I did and I think they look great. I also remember somebody posting about contact patch. Well I noticed something when pulling in and out of my drywall dust in the garage. Here's the pics.
315's Out back
P1000991.jpg

275's In front
P1000992.jpg

Still like the 315's though.

Last edited:

yellowgt02

Established Member
Sure it looks good but you are leaving a lot of tread that isn't touching the ground. I was going to put 315's on my stock rim, but this picture has assured me that I will stick with 275's on stockers.

Whatever works for you though...Nittos are great tires for longevity.

Jroc

Established Member
315 Nitto 555R's on factory 9" wide wheels FTW!

I loved the combo when I ran it.

antiv6

Established Member
how much psi are you running in them? Wouldn't dropping the psi for tack use make the contact patch a bit larger? Im probably going with those next time i need tires since im sick of my crappy street tires

eludercobra

Established Member
how much psi are you running in them? Wouldn't dropping the psi for tack use make the contact patch a bit larger? Im probably going with those next time i need tires since im sick of my crappy street tires

When I had them, I ran 26 to 28 psi for the street and 16 to 18 on the track. Still couldn't get them to stick properly, so I switch to M/T ET Streets, what a world of difference!!!!

But the nittos definately last longer on the street, got 10k on the last set of Nittos and 5k on the M/T's (kms by the way)

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Here's picture proof that they don't belong on a 9" wheel. I had em on my old 03 for about a week on 9" wheels and the bulge looked retarded. I ordered a set of 10.5's and threw em on there and never looked back. Get em on bigger rims or you're wasting the tires. Just cuz they fit don't mean they belong...

Black Chip

Established Member
Here's picture proof that they don't belong on a 9" wheel. I had em on my old 03 for about a week on 9" wheels and the bulge looked retarded. I ordered a set of 10.5's and threw em on there and never looked back. Get em on bigger rims or you're wasting the tires. Just cuz they fit don't mean they belong...
Just an FYI pic. If I hadn't already bought a set of new OEM rims I might of went with the replica 10.5's. I will if I ever need to replace.
The bulge isn't retarded though.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I agree...the bulge isn't retarded...however, I went ahead, and spent the extra money and bought the 10.5 inch replicas for the 315 Nittos...it looks sick and I'm very happy with the way they turned out...

MikeSop

Established Member
I agree...the bulge isn't retarded...however, I went ahead, and spent the extra money and bought the 10.5 inch replicas for the 315 Nittos...it looks sick and I'm very happy with the way they turned out...

Did you notice a big difference when you put the 315's on the 10.5?

I currently have cooper zeon's that were on the car when i purchased it two years ago. They weren't terrible, but I definitely want to get something better. Ive narrowed it down to the nitto 555 (not DR). Now I have to decide which tire size to go with....

Should I put 285/40/17 all the way around... or put 285/40/17 in the front and 315/35/17s on the rear???:bash: (stock wheels)

I'm going to buy them off discounttiredirect.com and have discount tire install them.

MikeSop

Established Member
I decided to go with NT 555 285 in front and 315 in the rear on my stock wheels. I ordered them off discounttiredirect.com and should be at my door mid week. I'll post some pics if anyone is interested once I get them on.

Until then, I'll enjoy burning the little rubber that is left on my coopers! :burn:

Users who are viewing this thread