Title Edited. rwtd fans..READ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dior55

Established Member
Any news on RWTD? Seems like his message boards are re-opened, and I posted my tune, etc. and have not seen a reply. I'm still waiting for my initial tune since MARCH!!!!

Cooter

Established Member
IMO this guy is worthless, i sent the money weeks ago was only able to post yesterday, i have emailed him countless times over the last couple weeks with not even a single reply, have called countless times with no answer nor a machine to leave a message, all i want is my money back ill never deal with this guy again, as soon as i get my money back im running far far away from them.
cooter

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Cooter said:
IMO this guy is worthless, i sent the money weeks ago was only able to post yesterday, i have emailed him countless times over the last couple weeks with not even a single reply, have called countless times with no answer nor a machine to leave a message, all i want is my money back ill never deal with this guy again, as soon as i get my money back im running far far away from them.
cooter

Call your credit card company and tell them to stop payment. I'd also call the BBB, and lodge a complaint. THere is NO excuse to sch poor customer service. I just hope you get your money back.

birch

Go 'Eers!
Established Member
I just posted mine up yesterday. I was hoping for a tune by Memorial Day. We'll see.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
shit like this makes me want to just get a wideband and tune my own car with that and a predator

Dior55

Established Member
Jeez, not a postive response in the bunch. WTF is happening here?

Poor customer support -- especially from a new bunch o' customers, is no way to revamp or improve your company -- , I don't care if you're selling donuts or diamonds!!!!

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Dior55 said:
Jeez, not a postive response in the bunch. WTF is happening here?

Poor customer support -- especially from a new bunch o' customers, is no way to revamp or improve your company -- , I don't care if you're selling donuts or diamonds!!!!

His customer service is HORRIBLE!!! He takes weeks to answer emails and calls. That's just total BULLSHIT. :burn:

cpu77

Armed and Dangerous!
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
His customer service is HORRIBLE!!! He takes weeks to answer emails and calls. That's just total BULLSHIT. :burn:

Well it's hard to get a good tuner.

1 bad bullitt

Do'in it in the dirt
Established Member
Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, United Stat
To me it just really seems like James bit off way more than he could chew with this buisness. For over a year now he has been swamped and has continuiosly worse customer service. Then the thing with trying to scam out of his original deal and stop the tunes for lifem, then the backlash from his customers. Seems like he created a monster that he can not hope to possibly keep up with. Call me a prophe t but I would not be suprised to see RWTD RFTD(Run for the door) and just dissapear off the face of the earth. In other words take the money he has made and get out.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
cpu77 said:
Well it's hard to get a good tuner.

I have to call :bs: on that one. There are a lot of good tuners out there.
Call Rick and Linn at Amazon, or Johnny Lightning, or JDM, or HBH, and on and on.

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
i finally said F- it and had Jerry from sct tune my car. $500 bucks but well worth it. i could not get ahold of james for weeks on end, and i live up north where we have a limited season.
LESSON LEARNED

S/CCobra03

Established Member
I requested a tune on Monday and he still hasn't viewed it yet. I went with James because everyone swore by him. Two weeks after ordering my Predator, he stops the lifetime tunes (which pissed me off but it did say on his website that it could happen). Now I bet anything, he will not reply to my tune request in the next week. I'm seeing a few people on modularfords posting about getting tunes at his new shop so I'm betting he is tuning there and not sending out tunes over his forum. He probably opened them up to shut all of us up.

MY DREAM

Established Member
I have the solution to all your tunning probs, Call Rick at Amazon Racing. I to was once in search of an RWTD tune until I learned much bad stuff about them. Amazon got a tune sent to me the same day I ordered. I had problems installing the tune but Rick went way out of his way to help me out. Anyway great tuners. Thanks L.L and HISSMAN for the recomendation.

James

Cooter

Established Member
I am going with amazon for my tune after the fact that i sent this guy my $125 already and after a week nothing 2 weeks nothing just hope to get my cash back but if not ill just have to chalk it up to experience.
cooter

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Yeah, he's getting harder and harder to get in contact with! I swore by his tunes because 6 of them to date has been nothing but success for me. I now understand how others may view this "poor customer service". Personally, once the KB gets installed I'll be going to JLP or switching over the SCT and deal with Hermann. James is truely a good guy/friend but I think sometimes he's a bit over worked to some degree!!!!!!!!!!! Time would only tell if thats a good or a bad thing.

Last edited:

Zman04

Established Member
I hope he gets his act together. I have talked to him on the phone and email before, Great guy but he has to get this all fixed soon. I dont want to pay another tuner. I also dont want to have drive all the way to his shop and get my $125.00 back

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
if it is this hard to get your initial tune what will happen if you need immediate help at some point down the road?? :shrug:

these guys are the brain surgeons of our vehicles....they should be readily accessible and reliable

dougwg

Established Member
maybe he's sick, in the hospital

maybe the people that do his website are screwing him around

maybe he's just overloaded with work

maybe he is shifting his business over to GM products

maybe not

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
dougwg said:
maybe he's sick, in the hospital

maybe the people that do his website are screwing him around

maybe he's just overloaded with work

maybe he is shifting his business over to GM products

maybe not
I truely think he's overloaded himself with work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread