to all those doubting the GT500s handling abilityis, where are you now?

SGL

Banned
WDW MKR said:
LSx engines are probably the best pushrod platform out! You gotta keep in mind that the Viper 8.0L is an older platform that stemmed from a truck engine.

The two engines (truck vs viper V10) share no major components. The block and heads were completely re-engineered by Lamborghini. bottom line: the Viper V10 doesn't have much or anything to do with the, now out of production, truck V10.

I used to trip over both engines every working day at DCX. These things were all over the place in the emissions lab. Trust me they look completely different. Consider the similarities between an LT1 and an LS1 motor. Not much in common.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Jackie Chan said:
jmans posts are like a monkey ****ing a football

Hell yes...I feel like I am reading the inner thoughts of a 15 year old bench racing ricer.

On another more constructive note....Unit 213 said the best thing that has been in this thread aside from the above quote. Hell his insight is the best that has been in any of these latests Shelby threads.

G. El Dorado

Established Member
serpentnoir said:
The two engines (truck vs viper V10) share no major components. The block and heads were completely re-engineered by Lamborghini. bottom line: the Viper V10 doesn't have much or anything to do with the, now out of production, truck V10.

I used to trip over both engines every working day at DCX. These things were all over the place in the emissions lab. Trust me they look completely different. Consider the similarities between an LT1 and an LS1 motor. Not much in common.

I always thought they re-engineered the Viper engine for the trucks, seeing as how the Viper was out 2 years earlier. Also, I had heard the V10 was based on the architecture of the Magnum V8's.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
well son of a bitch, there goes my thread about the GT500 putting up good handling numbers. this place really does suck. i see certain posts saying "go back to srtforum.com" or whatever, that damn place is probably more civilized than this place. might even be able to have a conversation about the GT500 over there, without a bunch of dip shits breaking in with their magazines. ok, maybe thats wishful thinking, but my point is made none the less.

WDW MKR

Established Member
serpentnoir said:

That's good to know. I was always under the assumption that one was based from the other. Do they share any bore/stroke dimensions?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
That's good to know. I was always under the assumption that one was based from the other. Do they share any bore/stroke dimensions?

Bore spacing along with bore and stroke are the only things in common.

Users who are viewing this thread