to all those doubting the GT500s handling abilityis, where are you now?

R1Lello

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
A viper engine aint nuthin but two cylinders casted onto one of the sorriest engines every built, a Chrysler 360. Considering they made the slany six, one of the best engines they ever built, the viper would have been better off with a slant 12 version.

Plus, if I had one more inch of dick I could be the next John Holmes.

:shrug: ..........and up to year 2000, Dodge used Forged pistons, after 2000 CAST !!! Go figure??? , they go backwards. How do I know?? Research as I did want one (2002 Final Edition) Give it some NOS now and see if the cast pistons like that. :nono:

VENOM650R

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
Wake up Alice, this aint Wonderaland. I think I've pretty much put you back in your sandbox. You are a little fish in a little pond. You and phantasm aint impressin' nobody here.

In your own mind. You're the one ignoring the facts I quoted in the MT mags. State some facts or just go away before you embarrass yourself further. BTW, what is Wonderaland? I think you mean Wonderland.

jman345

Banned
VENOM650R said:
In your own mind. You're the one ignoring the facts I quoted in the MT mags. State some facts or just go away before you embarrass yourself further. BTW, what is Wonderaland? I think you mean Wonderland.

Lets see a shelby has 500hp and msrp is 43 grand your viper has 650hp right and it is probably over 100grand am i right? Notice a big price difference and the shelby looks better then your viper is whats bad you got ripped off dude.

Fourcam330

Established Member
VENOM650R said:
I guess the same time steel rods debut in the 5.4.

Every factory 5.4 comes with steel rods LOL. I was pointing out that they weren't Al or Ti :rolleyes:

BetterthanU

Banned
R1Lello said:
:shrug: ..........and up to year 2000, Dodge used Forged pistons, after 2000 CAST !!! Go figure??? , they go backwards. How do I know?? Research as I did want one (2002 Final Edition) Give it some NOS now and see if the cast pistons like that. :nono:

cold start emissions req's..... viper guys are doing just fine using naaaaaws on their 2000-2002s.

Fourcam330

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Wait a minute... I said that is is not a direct correlation. I specifically referenced the volumetric efficiency gained through unnatural aspiration.

Right, but you still made an attempt at a guess "7.4L".

Now, playing Devil's advocate.... If N/A 5.4L are making 700hp, then what does that say about the Shelby with its FI 5.4L making only 500hp?

Exactly what it looks like, the GT500 motor has huge untapped potential. With the right blower or turbo and real rods the sky's the limit.

I get the modified vs stock argument. The 700hp N/A 5.4L you referenced obviously isn't stock, nor is the Hennessee, but the latter is tuner car that comes with a warrantee. There are modified 8.0L pushrod Vipers out there pushing more power than what Hennessee puts out. So what? The Hennessee is a total package car and not aimed solely at the quarter mile or dyno.

First, you were comparing an OEM GT500 motor to the HPE V10, which is apples and oranges.
The 5.4s I'm speaking of don't turn over 7500rpm, which with good rods/bolts isn't a big deal at all--think OEM longevity. I would take Al's work over Hennessey's (one is a world class builder, the other is a ****ing thief) 8 days a week.
You're changing the scope of the argument. I was simply responding to what was originally posted by Venom650R. Like I said before the only good thing about a Viper V10 is the displacement.

I have yet to understand what it is about the Shelby that causes people to lose all sense of civility and jump into agry arguments.

I guess you noticed the tone of my text? :shrug: My post had nothing to do with the Shelby, I just don't like hearing Viper owners running their mouths. ;-)

Last edited:

WDW MKR

Established Member
Hey, I'm in complete agreement about anyone running off at the mouth. Perhaps I took your post as more of an attack at me. My apologies. I just enjoy the discussion about all of these cars, without it turning into an argument. Hennesse is a damn thief. Anyone who got what they actually paid for should be counting their blessings.

VENOM650R

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
When steel rod 5.4s are making 700HP N/A, it's pretty sad; not even taking into account the longer powerband of the 4v. Your assumption about the direct correlation is also wrong. Displacement would vary with boost, and what about a twin screw? Finally, you're talking about an OEM motor vs. a heavily modified one.

Looks like it says STEEL ROD 5.4s making 700 HP to me. LOL!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
A viper engine aint nuthin but two cylinders casted onto one of the sorriest engines every built, a Chrysler 360. .

I'm not getting involved with this thread and wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole, but the v10 has nothing in common with the 360 in any way shape or form.

Fourcam330

Established Member
VENOM650R said:
Looks like it says STEEL ROD 5.4s making 700 HP to me. LOL!

Like I said, no exotic or fragile materials needed. Every OEM 5.4 comes with steel rods, some with 4340 forged H beams (GT), and others with Carillo Billets ('00R). LMAO, like your motor doesn't have forged rods :poke:
A 4v Viper motor is a pipe dream, steel rodded 5.4s are a reality, end of story.

Fourcam330

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Hey, I'm in complete agreement about anyone running off at the mouth. Perhaps I took your post as more of an attack at me. My apologies. I just enjoy the discussion about all of these cars, without it turning into an argument. Hennesse is a damn thief. Anyone who got what they actually paid for should be counting their blessings.

Most of the time I'm simply arguing a side, don't take it personally. :beer:

Silver 03 Cobra

VENOM650R said:

I thought Phatasm was the biggest shit talker on the net. You's the new king. Using MT as your source of facts is about as comical as a Mike Moore film. Le tme repeat it one more time since you are so dense. I don't give a shit what your Viper will do or what a '98 Viper will do. Most on this board do not care. YOu start shit talking and I'll shovel right back ace. That's what's wrong with you liberals anyway. You can't stand it when someone stands up to you. I bet if we were at the track I would have you so damned rattled you couldn't even get off the line.

The only one making an ass out of himself is you. You compare a modded car to a Terminator or the Shelby then say "if you have four valves on a 10 cylinder" or the '98 would have done better with todays tire technology if it had it back in '98. And who is the dumb ass? At al the tracks I run in WNC, and SC your Viper wouldn't even be in the top 30.

When if's and but's are candy and nuts, then every day would be Christmas, sais by Brian Bosworth after they beat UN. Then The Canes waded a puddle in his and the Sooners ass two years in a row. Seems like you and him have a lot in common.

I don;t kare if you piont out my mispeled words, I know inyone that misspels the word "looser" at least twice aint not mental jiant.

You were the one making fun of spelling and grammar while you are spittin shit out on the 8th grade level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver 03 Cobra

GTSpartan said:
I'm not getting involved with this thread and wouldn't touch it with a 10ft pole, but the v10 has nothing in common with the 360 in any way shape or form.

The block on the V10 is patterned right off a 360 block.

Last edited by a moderator:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
The block on the V10 is patterned right off a 360 block.

Just like the GT motor is patterned right off the truck engine :-D

The only similarity are bore spacing and bore diameter.

Last edited:

Silver 03 Cobra

VENOM650R said:
Yeah...I guess you're right about the VIPER engine. Lets' see..it won the 24 HRS. @ LE MANS multiple times, the 24 HRS. @ Daytona multiple times, the FIA GT Championship multiple times, the ALMS Championship multiple times, SPEED GT Championship, N'RING 24 HRS. multiple times and 12 HRS.@ SEBRING multiple times. How many of those races has your 4.6 or 5.4 won? NONE! Never have and NEVER will either! Plus...stick your big dick back in your big mouth again! :D

Um, I haven't been boasting about a 4.6/5.4 more than a slight mention you moron. My post has been scooping up the shit you are slinging and ramming it right back down your throat. And there you go again, none of those cars were stock and nuthin in common with the real car other than sheetmetal and a decal with viper on it. How many titles has a bone stock viper won, probably none. I know Mustangs dominate SCCA and they run vipers there. Where's your logic now. I sure aint going to say a Cobra has soemthing in common with those cars like you do. Now who is the moron?

At least I got a dick.

Silver 03 Cobra

VENOM650R said:

You have to wonder why someone like you feels so much of a need to spew on this board. I guess it's small dick syndrome, penis envy, small change, simple simon, simpleton.

No, it's Wanderland Alice.

Users who are viewing this thread