to all those doubting the GT500s handling abilityis, where are you now?

Silver 03 Cobra

VENOM650R said:
My...my...such hostility. I'm just trying to help with the facts. What's the matter...can't handle the truth? :nono:

You come off as a jerk from your first post. Why is it that almost every vette/viper owner that also owns an 03/04 Cobra they think that makes them an authority or gives them the right to trash and 03/04. It doesn't.

Who cares what a viper runs on a slalom. People don't race on slaloms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver 03 Cobra

VENOM650R said:
Where am I now?...well...I'm still driving my '98 VIPER w/IRS in the slalom @ 72.5 MPH!!! See MT 5/98. 9 years later and your high tech, new platform Shelby still can't keep up! :burnout:

Comparing a $60k plus car to a $40k car. Makes a lot of sense to me. I've watched Pumped03 humble several Viper owners in Charlotte, NC. We took the second 03 he bought, a 10th anniv to a shop in Charlotte. With the usual exhaust/2.80 pulley it made the usual 456 rwhp. They had a new 04 Viper with 3k miles on it they dyno'd next to do a baseline. Everyone was saying how bad the Viper would spool up the rollers. It made an impressive 400 rwhp on six pulls. Pretty pathetic a $80k Viper couldn't even come close to a $30k Mustang.

Silver 03 Cobra

VENOM650R said:
How many Vipers have you owned to determine their build quality? I've owned 5 Fords; Torino Cobra 429, Thunderbird SC, 2 SHOs and my current '03 Cobra. In addition, Datsun 240Z, Mazda RX7 GSL, Infinity Q45t and a C4 Vette. The best out of all these cars as far as build quality is the Q45t hands down. Next is the Viper! As far as mod expense...no big deal. First of all, anyone that knows anything knows you don't change the stock TBs on Vipers as you'll loose TQ. Second...I don't need no stinking boost. I'll stick with my NA 675 HP & 680 TQ which is bullet proof up to 215 MPH...no slipping belts, no over heating, no burned pistons, no launched plugs, no broken rods...etc.. Enjoy!

And that makes you an authority? I guess a person that "looses", is a "looser"? Bwahahahahaha. Who says owning a viper/vette is a status symbol.

The fact is most properly tuned and maintained Cobras do not have any of the bull shit problems you speak of. Bloating about not needing stinking boost when comparing a 7 ltr engine to a 4.6 is about as lame as they come. I guess Hennesy beat his federal rap. I wonder how many Viper owners he ****ed up the ass and got away with it. Sure he didn't take your Viper to a track event to "break it in" before he delivered it or borrowed a few parts off it to put on a viper he was racing over the weekend. Guess he bought his way out of it like Rick Hendricks.

VENOM650R

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
5.0 mag has it listed at 3920. I guess you are off a little.

MT has it at 3,994 LBS.. As far as your other 2 stupid posts go back and read my post with the MT comparisons of a STOCK '98 VIPER versus a STOCK '07 SHELBY GT500 and let me know which race you want to have. Also, comparing a modded '03 Cobra to a STOCK SRT is not a valid comparison. Also, your quoted RWHP for the SRT is total BS! BTW, you can spend about $7K for a PAXTON SC @ 8 psi boost and the SRT will make 750 RWHP not to mention MUCH HIGHER RWTQ numbers than ANY modded COBRA without eventually blowing up like the COBRA will, or for that matter, a modded GT500! Not to mention the SRT being 300 lbs. lighter than a Cobra and 650 lbs. lighter than a GT500. YOU lose ANY race! FACT...not Mustang FICTION! :D

Last edited:

Silver 03 Cobra

VENOM650R said:
I only have two things to say in response to the illiterate crap spewed by jman345...since you are also in Texas when you get your Shelby bring it and I will run you and your Shelby into the weeds with my VIPER....and simply stated you are an IDIOT! :bash:

Um, anyone that calls someone a "looser" aint got no room to talk about being illiterate.

As soon as I finish my 05 with a 383 stroker and a 2.4 KB I'll be glad to meet your ass anywhere anyday. In fact, if all goes well, I'll be moving to Texas next year.

Silver 03 Cobra

VENOM650R said:
MT has it at 3,994 LBS.. As far as your other 2 stupid posts go back and read my post with the MT comparisons of a STOCK '98 VIPER versus a STOCK '07 SHELBY GT500 and let me know which race you want to have. Also, comparing a modded '03 Cobra to a STOCK SRT is not a valid comparison. Also, your quoted RWHP for the SRT is total BS! BTW, you can spend about $7K for a PAXTON SC @ 8 psi boost and the SRT will make 750 RWHP not to mention MUCH HIGHER RWTQ numbers than ANY modded COBRA without eventually blowing up like the COBRA will, or for that matter, a modded GT500! FACT...not Mustang FICTION! :D

Yeah, I figured you'd say bull shit. I seen it. Tough shit if you don't believe it.

As far as stock versus modded, you are the one bloating about your Viper whipping up on anything and everything. I don't care what your Viper does compared to the Shelby. You've been told this is a Cobra forum.

Silver 03 Cobra

VENOM650R said:
MT has it at 3,994 LBS.. As far as your other 2 stupid posts go back and read my post with the MT comparisons of a STOCK '98 VIPER versus a STOCK '07 SHELBY GT500 and let me know which race you want to have. Also, comparing a modded '03 Cobra to a STOCK SRT is not a valid comparison. Also, your quoted RWHP for the SRT is total BS! BTW, you can spend about $7K for a PAXTON SC @ 8 psi boost and the SRT will make 750 RWHP not to mention MUCH HIGHER RWTQ numbers than ANY modded COBRA without eventually blowing up like the COBRA will, or for that matter, a modded GT500! Not to mention the SRT being 300 lbs. lighter than a Cobra and 650 lbs. lighter than a GT500. YOU lose ANY race! FACT...not Mustang FICTION! :D

You and phantasm are two pompuos assholes. Anyone that sticks up for a Cobra or says anything about a comparison to a Viper/vette you start with the name calling. You are thon posting idiotic posts challenging someone with aheavily modded, $100k plus car.

venom650 said:
YOU(SHELBY GT500) LOOSE BIG TIME

Owning a viper/vette doesn't mean intelligence.

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha.
You are a

"Looser"

VENOM650R

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
Yeah, I figured you'd say bull shit. I seen it. Tough shit if you don't believe it.

As far as stock versus modded, you are the one bloating about your Viper whipping up on anything and everything. I don't care what your Viper does compared to the Shelby. You've been told this is a Cobra forum.

I seen it..great English! Gee..got your asp whipped and all you can come up with is that this is a Cobra Forum...besides being extremely weak you are also incorrect...this is the Shelby GT500 Forum! :D

Silver 03 Cobra

venomless650 said:
If the VIPER was testing with today's current tire technology as the GT500 is wearing YOU would loose by even more in every test and braking would probably be a toss up even though the GT500 has ABS and the '98 VIPER does not

You make more "ifs and buts" statements than Brian Bosworth after both times the Canes stomped the dog shit out of the sooners a few years ago.

Let me try one like your onw illiterate and idiotic posts.

If the Shebly had 7 ltr and a Whippy supercharge itid blew the doors off you viper and you'd loose.

One other thing you and phantasm, grow the **** up.

Silver 03 Cobra

VENOM650R said:
I seen it..great English! Gee..got your asp whipped and all you can come up with is that this is a Cobra Forum...besides being extremely weak you are also incorrect...this is the Shelby GT500 Forum! :D

I wasn't the one calling someone out as being illiterate while you have several grammatical and spelling errors and repeatedly call someone a looser. Besides, I'm a southern boy. I still stand by it. I seen it.

VENOM650R

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
Um, anyone that calls someone a "looser" aint got no room to talk about being illiterate.

As soon as I finish my 05 with a 383 stroker and a 2.4 KB I'll be glad to meet your ass anywhere anyday. In fact, if all goes well, I'll be moving to Texas next year.

Bring it on! I'm adding a conservative 200 shot of nitrous to my current 650R with a compression ratio of 10.6 to 1. Do the math! YOU LOSE! :D :burnout:

VENOM650R

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
I wasn't the one calling someone out as being illiteratre while you have several grammatical and spelling errors and repeatedly call someone a looser. Besides, I'm a southern boy. I still stand by it. I seen it.

Several grammatical and spelling errors? Please detail them. Oh...I forgot one spelling error equals several to you southern retards that say 1 cents instead of 1 cent and 25 cent instead of 25 cents. :lol:

Silver 03 Cobra

VENOM650R said:
Bring it on! I'm adding a conservative 200 shot of nitrous to my current 650R with a compression ratio of 10.6 to 1. Do the math! YOU LOSE! :D :burnout:

Nuthin to worry about. I've designed my own intake for the 383 on ProE, a 3d solid modeling CAD system. All I have to do down is put it in a CNC vert machine center and heliarc it up. It will have duel FI's built into with with a nitrous system and it will have an IC. You sure talk a lot of shit. There are about 20 little notchbacks runing NA engines at Wilkesboro Raceway Park in NC that would greas the shit out of Viper.

Silver 03 Cobra

VENOM650R said:
Several grammatical and spelling errors? Please detail them. Oh...I forgot one spelling error equals several to you southern retards that say 1 cents instead of 1 cent and 25 cent instead of 25 cents. :lol:

Spelling loser as looser at least twice speaks volumes to me. I'll say it again, you are the one that called someone illiterate. What's the matter, you seem to be able to dish it out but you can't take it.

VENOM650R

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
You make more "ifs and buts" statements than Brian Bosworth after both times the Canes stomped the dog shit out of the sooners a few years ago.

Let me try one like your onw illiterate and idiotic posts.

If the Shebly had 7 ltr and a Whippy supercharge itid blew the doors off you viper and you'd loose.

One other thing you and phantasm, grow the **** up.

I guess you can't read the FACTS. I don't need any "ifs or buts"...a STOCK '98 VIPER GTS beats a STOCK SHELBY GT500 even though the VIPER ran on tires with technology from 9 years ago. You southern boys are really ignorant. :D

spddmn24

Established Member
Skidpad #'s dont mean shit btw. And put that thing on a road coarse, the tires will be over heated in no time, and the brakes will fade like crazy with all that weight. Not to mention heat soak with the blower...

Silver 03 Cobra

VENOM650R said:
Yeah well...with 4 cams and 4 valves per cylinder(40 valves) on an 8.0 liter VIPER motor and 850 HP NA makes your 700 HP pretty sad. :-D

A viper engine aint nuthin but two cylinders casted onto one of the sorriest engines every built, a Chrysler 360. Considering they made the slany six, one of the best engines they ever built, the viper would have been better off with a slant 12 version.

Plus, if I had one more inch of dick I could be the next John Holmes.

Silver 03 Cobra

VENOM650R said:
I guess you can't read the FACTS. I don't need any "ifs or buts"...a STOCK '98 VIPER GTS beats a STOCK SHELBY GT500 even though the VIPER ran on tires with technology from 9 years ago. You southern boys are really ignorant. :D

Wake up Alice, this aint Wonderaland. I think I've pretty much put you back in your sandbox. You are a little fish in a little pond. You and phantasm aint impressin' nobody here.

VENOM650R

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
A viper engine aint nuthin but two cylinders casted onto one of the sorriest engines every built, a Chrysler 360. Considering they made the slany six, one of the best engines they ever built, the viper would have been better off with a slant 12 version.

Plus, if I had one more inch of dick I could be the next John Holmes.

Yeah...I guess you're right about the VIPER engine. Lets' see..it won the 24 HRS. @ LE MANS multiple times, the 24 HRS. @ Daytona multiple times, the FIA GT Championship multiple times, the ALMS Championship multiple times, SPEED GT Championship, N'RING 24 HRS. multiple times and 12 HRS.@ SEBRING multiple times. How many of those races has your 4.6 or 5.4 won? NONE! Never have and NEVER will either! Plus...stick your big dick back in your big mouth again! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread