To heck with a dyno real snakebite results

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I finally got to see Josh's car run last night! Congrats on the strong results! :beer:

I'm trying to get him to bring it to the shootout next Saturday, I want to see what it will do in better air and in the 1/4 mile. :banana:

The 7.03 pass definitely looked good, but still had quite a bit of wheel spin. I had my Kestrell 4000 weather meter with me last night and the DA was between 3200'-3400' all night!

My son got all 3 passes on video and he is headed to Josh's house now. Hopefully they will upload this evening.

Last edited:

1Quick4.6

Established Member
I finally got to see Josh's car run last night! Congrats on the strong results! :beer:

I'm trying to get him to bring it to the shootout next Saturday, I want to see what it will do in better air and in the 1/4 mile. :banana:

The 7.03 pass definitely looked good, but still had quite a bit of wheel spin. I had my Kestrell 4000 weather meter with me last night and the DA was between 3200'-3400' all night!

My son got all 3 passes on video and he is headed to Josh's house now. Hopefully they will upload this evening.
Thanks Greg
Nice! Are you running the stock pulley setup?
3.25 upper

Rice Eatr

Established Member
Great #'s, congrats! 105 in the 1/8th is hauling the mail for sure.

What track do you run at? That DA seems very high for the East Cost in October.

Hopefully you and whomever else purchased the Snakebite will go the Eaton shoot out.

slowmoving1

Established Member
I've been 11.3x @ 121 in 90 deg heat and drove car to track with little cool down. this is with snake bite mods in sig. looking for 10's with some 50-60 deg weather and powershifting.

OP great runs congrats. what were the weather like?

mach1gsxr

Established Member
Sounds nice and some nice passes, but that track looks like a big downhill slope. With a very similiar e.t. to one of your passes (7.28 1/8 mile e.t for me), I trapped 95. Some of that MPH and e.t looks like it might be due to that track.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Hmm, in agreement with others about the track after seeing the vids. Good passes none the less, but I'll wait for the OP to comment.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
so how does it usually turn out when someone crashes with no helmet on?

good passes

1Quick4.6

Established Member
the track isn't down hill it does have a up hill run off though to help slow the cars because they dont have alot of distance, but i do see how it looks in the camera. I ran at a few different tracks last year with my vette and the track times and mph were always on par

Last edited:

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
The track is Natural Bridge Dragstrip and it is not down hill. The track is in the mountains and the track altitude is around 1300'.

The weather Friday night was very hot for October! It was 84 degrees with a dew point of 64 at 6:00 p.m. when they started racing. It was still 75 degrees at 10:00 p.m. when they closed!

Users who are viewing this thread