to part out or not to part out?

ablake6620

Established Member
what is an 04 cobra worth when it is parted out? i bought one with a salvage title thinking maybe i was a lucky guy for the price, after a trip to the frame shop wouldnt you know i bought myself a true salvage title vehicle. cars body is pretty bad on the underside. but the motor is awesome runs great! and delrin IRS rear end. level 5 half shafts modified T56 tranny. any suggestions as to what i should do with this thing? im afraid that selling it to someone else in a sly way is morallly wong. and could put them in danger and that is not something im interested in. considering parting it out and selling it that way because the components are all in great condition

SomeSoldier

I wanna go fast.
Established Member
Or you could keep the car. Find a cheap fox body or maybe a high mileage 01 cobra and swap the motor, trans, and rear end.

-on a side note. If you do part it out, I could use a couple small interior peices for my car. Of course I would be willing to by them. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Find a donar car and swap it all in. Could have a cobra clone with v6 insurance rates.

^this! Honestly, unless you really need to get the money back out of it, you would be better off doing a swap into something else with a good solid body/chassis. A nice FOX notch body would be fun, or if you aren't into those, then just do what this guy said and find a V6, or GT, and swap everything into it.

SVTDice

Established Member
I'd keep the car, and just drive it. Unless it drives odd. If not. Enjoy her man. I wouldnt bother with the headache of swapping, replacing, etc.

selbyvince

Established Member
yeah how bad is it, obviously wasnt bad enough to keep you from buying it if you thought u got a good deal until you brought it to get looked at. lol pics?

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
If it runs & drives fine I would just keep it (as you all ready paid for it & own it) have fun with it! post pictures of the damage so we can see what your talking about. If you are just seeing the damage for the first time after you bought it & are not happy that's a different story! In that case I would do as stated above, look for a clean body to swap into or part it out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If the frame is bad enough where it is unsafe to drive, don't drive it. You have other options such as finding a 2003-2004 V^ Mustang and doing a complete swap. Just saw one a week or so ago here. You'd never know it wasn't a factory Terminator. And at least with Allstate, it gets insured as a V6 Mustang since that is what the VIN says. Win. Win.

Users who are viewing this thread