? to people who went from coupe to vert...

v8pwr

Established Member
Did you ever regret, happy, etc...?

I currently own 03 coupe, but I've been thinking about switching to convertible terminator since I'm not a race type of guy, and car is mainly used as weekend cruiser.
Not sure if I'm gonna like vert though.....but I do live in a place where its always sunny and over 75degrees year round.

Just want to hear others' opinion.

Thanks!

03Slither

Established Member
Like you, I only drive the car on nice weekend days and a convertible can’t be beat for that. One thing I missed going from a coup to a convertible was the handling, but I took care of that with full length subframes and a set of Cobra specific springs from Steeda.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
cobra12003 said:
Do you think the convertable is that much slower then a coupe?

It's not that verts are "slower," it's more about the lack of chassis stiffness and added weight that the Vert carries. I like my vert, but I kinda wish I bought a Coupe sometimes. I am the kind of person that HATES creeks and rattles and everything that comes along with having a chassis that lacks stiffness. It's fun when it's nice out and is the ultimate chick magnet, but I'm married and live in NJ so that kinda limits my ability to take advantage of the drop top :D

GREENMAN80

Established Member
I have always had a convertible mustang, came from a GT vert to a cobra vert, and even with all its faults, I still love it! Nothing like driving around with the top back. A light bar sets them off really good and I still beat up on coupes now and again.
M

Tampa03cobra

Frivolous Lawsuiter
Established Member
Im 21, and I bought a Torch Red 03 cobra vert. I have several pictures of girls asking to take pictures in my car, usually ending up with them on my lap. Yes it rattles and vibrates like a typical ford convertible, but theres nothing like hearing the blower whine and the exhaust without the interference of a roof. Its an amazing experience.

Besides you can just offset the weight with more horsepower >_<, only thing thats really a drag is some tracks restrict verts to rollbars if they run faster than 12.99, but Ive never had anyone say anything to me yet.

I live in Florida, and I think its the best choice I ever made, my pasty ass is actually getting some color at last.

TEABG

Banned
Before the Global West Sub-frames I wished I had bought a coupe. With with new found rigidity I am very satisfied with the convertible.

mags

Cobra Ink
Established Member
Love the vert. Like mentioned before if not racing and just weekend crusin, drop top.
bwcobra4dy.jpg

SVTmojo

Track Junkie!
Established Member
I race my vert as much as possible. There is nothing like dropping the top. This is my 3rd vert, and the only reason that I would buy a coupe, is if is going to be a track only car. If the tires ever touch the street, vert is the way to go!

v8pwr

Established Member
wow, I didn't expect to hear this much replies. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

So I guess many didn't regret getting vert huh?

I'm still not sure on what I want to do...I guess I want both! :shrug: I love my coupe, but I kind of want vert too...

redfiredroptop

Now with more GT500!
Established Member
There is nothing that compares to driving the convertible on a warm summer night with the top down. I love seeing the stars and breathing the fresh air!

Compared to the other mustang Verts that I have had, the therminator is by far the one where I notice the chassis flex the most. I think it is due to the stiffer suspension and the heavier weight (from both the motor and the IRS). Even after MM subframes and a strut tower brace, the flexing in the chassis is very noticable over uneven roads when the top is up. I have ridden in the coupe and I was suprised at how much more stiff the car is.

I would recommend test driving a convertible with both the top up and down over various roads to get a feel for it.

v8pwr

Established Member
PistolWhip said:
but I'm married and live in NJ so that kinda limits my ability to take advantage of the drop top :D

I'm married as well so that advantage is gone for me also :D

BTW, do you happen to have pic of your white vert?

93tealcoupe

Established Member
v8pwr said:
wow, I didn't expect to hear this much replies. Thanks guys :thumbsup:

So I guess many didn't regret getting vert huh?

I'm still not sure on what I want to do...I guess I want both! :shrug: I love my coupe, but I kind of want vert too...

i have an 03 DSG coupe and i also wish i had a convertible for the really nice days. Drop the top with the light bar and speedster cover, wooowee looks sick! i would def have a convertible if i lived yr round in a warm climate.

rsnyder

SVT
Established Member
I don't have squeeks or rattles on mine at all!....Also, the chassis feels very solid. The 4-point roll-bar helped a little, and looks badass! This is the first vert I've owned (out of three mustangs, three trans-ams and a vette),,,,,and I like it a lot. My only complaint= WHEELHOP! Tires helped tons though.

03yellow

Established Member
I miss my GT vert. Everyone told me I need to get a coupe to race. Stupid me !!!

Wish I had purchased a Cobra Vert.

etfhb

Established Member
rsnyder said:
I don't have squeeks or rattles on mine at all!....Also, the chassis feels very solid. The 4-point roll-bar helped a little, and looks badass! This is the first vert I've owned (out of three mustangs, three trans-ams and a vette),,,,,and I like it a lot. My only complaint= WHEELHOP! Tires helped tons though.

i would love to see a few pics of the roll-bar if you ever have a chance

btw i say get the vert even with the extra wheel hop and creeks.
if you live in a mild climate it is well worth the few setbacks.
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread