? to people who went from coupe to vert...

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I have a Saleen and a Cobra vert. They both are a blast but realise the vert definatly moves around more allot more. This was my first vert. When I bought the car all the movement kinda scared me I said holy CR$P I spent how much on this? That soon went away as I got used to it. But car has cowl shake and movement slightly. The light bar seem to help a little on the body.

Lots of times I go from the Saleen coupe to the vert So I really get the feel of diff between vert and coupe. I love the vert though and for your driving im sure you will love the vert.

Hope this helps

cobrastrike4

Established Member
Forget about it weighs more than a coupe, it shakes more, it rattles more etc..
if your racing for cash than by all means get a coupe and mod the heck out of it and go win your money back every weekend at the track.
If your street racing here and there for fun, cruising, car shows, late night ride, wanna be seen and know you look cool :coolman: doing it HELL YA GET THE VERT and on a hot summers night you will take the other guys babe I don't care how much quicker it is :banana:
And chicks love cruising with with their bras, bikini tops on in the sun or off :pepper:

Dumbscout

PFCVO's Friend
Established Member
one of my good friend's mom had a 99 cobra vert, she never put the top up, kept it garaged, and only drove it on sunny days, it was awsome. My buddy has an 03 cobra Vert, and it's so awsome cruisin in that thing at over 100 mph with the top off and the wind roaring. if you get hot during the day, turn the AC on, that's what it's for, who cares if the top is down,,,, :)

PFCVO

Oscar Mike
Established Member
Well, I regret having the convertible. Apparently in where I live, my convertible doesn't attract chicks. They seem to dig Escalades with spinners, H2's, and Land Rovers. I'm making 427rwhp/389rwtq and I've only managed a [email protected] on a 2.25 60ft. I've been beaten many times on highway runs by cars with lesser hp/tq. For example:

99 Camaro SS with intake, MS3 cam, full exhaust, 3.89 gears 410rwhp/376rwtq: 5 car lengths @ 140mph

99 Cobra with FR500 heads, FR500 cam, long tube headers full exhaust, intake 366rwhp/365rtq: 2-3 car lengths @ 140mph

02 Z28 with LS6 intake, lid, C5 Z06 MAF, SLP loud mouth catback, weight reduction mods [email protected]: 1 car length @ 110mph

So yeah, I am a bit disappointed with the vert. But at least I got a good deal on it brand new.

some videos of the races www.putfile.com/e3vc

Last edited:

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Driving a convertible is like doing drugs. Do it once and you're hooked. It the only way to go. And they can be just as fast as any other car. Just costs a little more if you do it right.

TEABG

Banned
PFCVO said:
Well, I regret having the convertible. Apparently in where I live, my convertible doesn't attract chicks. They seem to dig Escalades with spinners, H2's, and Land Rovers. I'm making 427rwhp/389rwtq and I've only managed a [email protected] on a 2.25 60ft. I've been beaten many times on highway runs by cars with lesser hp/tq. For example:

99 Camaro SS with intake, MS3 cam, full exhaust 410rwhp/376rwtq: 5 car lengths @ 140mph

99 Cobra with FR500 heads, FR500 cam, long tube headers full exhaust, intake 366rwhp/365rtq 2-3 car lengths @ 140mph

02 Z28 with LS6 intake, lid, C5 Z06 MAF, SLP loud mouth catback, weight reduction mods [email protected]: 1 car length @ 110mph

So yeah, I am a bit disappointed with the vert. But at least I got a good deal on it brand new.

some videos of the races www.putfile.com/e3vc

Maybe it is the brown top chicks do not dig. I love my 03 Conv!

rmgtc01

Established Member
It is great. I had a coupe as my first mustang and out of 5 mustangs this was my 4th.
I was hooked! Especially being in Florida and living near the beach. It is not as "solid" feeling as a coupe, but that can be fixed.
Full length subframe connectors, bushings, springs, and a strut bar help out greatly.
The interior noise is not bad at all, a little louder than a coupe a high speeds. Grab some dyno mat and line the floors and trunk. That will make it waaaay more sound proof.
If those things don't bother you then don't worry about it. But I will buy another vert in a heartbeat. Nothing but good times with them!

Moody03SVT

Hear2Learn@Teach
Established Member
Another vert lover here... about 90%.
sometimes I dream of grass being greener on the other side... but then a nice night pops up and the top goes down.... :)

I am seriously thinking a 4point cage or a custom six point with low side bars will make me even happier!! I am looking to reduce flex and increase stability while it is a daily driver .( I dont want swing outs for fear of more rattling when not swung out :) )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread