To Wagon Or Not To Wagon

03snakenvtn

Established Member
How do you guys feel about wagons these days? My girlfriend is looking to purchase a new (to her) vehicle in the next few months, and we're kicking around the idea of suv's and wagons. She has to carry a lot of stuff for her job, so she needs the utility. She has her heart set on an suv, but I brought up the idea of a wagon the other day because you essentially get a vehicle that will drive well like a car, but has the added utility of a hatch. I think suv's, for the most part, are really boring to drive and get horrible gas mileage. I'm mainly looking at the Audi A4/A6 and BMW 3/5 series wagons. Both wagons drive like their sedan counterpart, which typical of german cars, is a very good thing. We're only really looking at those 2 brands because she has somewhat expensive taste, and both provide a good amount of luxury for the price. I know Subaru's are great cars, but please don't suggest one, as she wouldn't consider one. So here's the question, would you drive a wagon?

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I wouldnt see why not. Especially with these gas prices, nothing wrong with going the smart way. Now I myself would never buy one but I dont see why you couldnt lol.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
German cars, come with German repair bills.
I am by no means a Dodge fan, but if I went wagon, this would be my choice...
ext_srt8.jpg

Last edited:

wjk

Established Member
I've always liked the Subaru WRX wagons. AWD is certainly nice to have.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I had an impreza wagon and it was pretty handly for hauling stuff. AWD for the win..... oh except that it hurts your braking so much..... :dw:

MoreBoostPlease

Lifted and Boosted
Established Member
What is her price range? Why not get an suv/crossover? You live in the northeast, like me, and get a good amount of snow. I'd opt for something with AWD/4WD.

Why limit yourself to only 2 manufacturers? If it's an image thing, which it sounds like, try to clue her in that many other cars are luxurious.

upside

AWD V8
Established Member
I have seen some cool VW wagons over the years.

DSC_0706.jpg

or this

nissan-gtr-wagon.jpg

Last edited:

TEGEN

Established Member
I really like the latest A4 wagon with the "S-Line" package. My wife & I have had the same conversation - she wanted an SUV, I've got her swayed to a premium wagon since she really has no use for an SUV outside of the extra cargo space.

In Europe, Audi sells an A4 AllRoad. That would be my first choice, but they don't ship them over here for whatever reason.

A4 AllRoad:

Audi-A4-allroad-24013_1237885090770.jpg

A4 Avant S Line

7AudiA4AvantR34.jpg

Coiled03

Established Member
Never seen a wagon that I actually cared for, so no, I vote to NOT wagon.

the gillz

_
Established Member
i agree with CobraBob that Cadillac is sick and would be my wagon of choice, if they would option it with the ZR1 engine that would be the tits

Users who are viewing this thread