Today is the day

Pruitt146

Established Member
E85 is not easy to find plus my research leads me to believe it's a PITA. I'm going to be using 93+Torco, not straight race gas.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Pruitt146

Established Member
Well come to find out I have a 3" pulley and not the 2.8". So I'm at about 17psi and I think 19psi is doable on pump gas. I figure 2 more psi could put me at 650+.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well come to find out I have a 3" pulley and not the 2.8". So I'm at about 17psi and I think 19psi is doable on pump gas. I figure 2 more psi could put me at 650+.

Those are some crazy numbers. I know you have LT headers which I don't, also what intake and TB are you running. I'm running the 3" upper and hitting 18 psi, with some belt slip I managed 576rwhp. So you made 56 rwhp more than me, lol. I may have to try some different dyno's just to see how low the one I go to really is.

Pruitt146

Established Member

Those are some crazy numbers. I know you have LT headers which I don't, also what intake and TB are you running. I'm running the 3" upper and hitting 18 psi, with some belt slip I managed 576rwhp. So you made 56 rwhp more than me, lol. I may have to try some different dyno's just to see how low the one I go to really is.

I'm using the JLT RAI with the Accufab TB.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I think his numbers are right where they should be. If I remember right my car put down 627hp/565tq on the 3.0 pulley. With a 2.8 pulley you should be around 650 mark. There was a thread awhile back comparing the GT500 TB and Accufab, On 20-21 psi the numbers were nearly identical. I really think you have to spin these blowers hard to take advantage of the GT500 set ups.

Brady, as you always say dont get caught up in the numbers game. Take your car down the 1/4 or even take it to another dyno. From the posts I have seen on your car its no slouch!!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I think his numbers are right where they should be. If I remember right my car put down 627hp/565tq on the 3.0 pulley. With a 2.8 pulley you should be around 650 mark. There was a thread awhile back comparing the GT500 TB and Accufab, On 20-21 psi the numbers were nearly identical. I really think you have to spin these blowers hard to take advantage of the GT500 set ups.

Brady, as you always say dont get caught up in the numbers game. Take your car down the 1/4 or even take it to another dyno. From the posts I have seen on your car its no slouch!!

LOL I've never made a pass down the 1/4 with a manual, I'm sure I'd wreck something! I may try another dyno for the hell of it.

94slowbra1

Established Member

Just going off cfm numbers there shouldn't be a big difference in the t/b's. Obviously the GT500 t/b flows more than an accufab but I don't think the 2.3 blowers can take advantage. The 2.3 whipple only flows 1430 cfm so a 1600 cfm accufab should be able to handle flow. I'm sure there are other things to factor in but this is the jist. It's been proven that a crusher set up is worthless on a 2.3. I know this is a tvs but the blowers are similar enough.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Do you guys feel that the 2.8 is ok on 93 gas or should it be a mix of 93 and Torco?

I am conservative with the tunes on my car. IIRC, we left my pump gas tune at 18 degrees and 11.5 A/F. I did not want to push more than 17-18 psi with pump gas. With that said there are several people on here running the 2.8 with pump gas but I am not going to risk it. My car makes more power than I can use on the street now, I do not see a need to make even more. My advice would be to talk it over with your tuner and go from there. You can always have a separate tune for race gas as well. Skip the 2.8 and slap a 2.6 on there with some race gas and you should be close to 700 :).

cj428mach

Established Member
E85 is not easy to find plus my research leads me to believe it's a PITA. I'm going to be using 93+Torco, not straight race gas.

There isn't really anything thats a PITA about it that I've experienced since I've been on it. I've been running it since July and love it, the detonation resistance alone makes it worth any hassle you might think you have to deal with. I'm going to convert mine back to gas for a tank and I'm sure I'm going to miss my car being green, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread