Tonight, First Concert in years! When was your last?

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, last July. Great show, they are just as good live as in the studio,

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I haven't been to a concert in years.
My last concert was Metallica and Godsmack in Calgary many years ago. :rockon:

snaked

Attractive Member
Established Member
Last week ASU had the All-American Rejects here, can't turn down a free show.

The last show I paid and wanted to see was Ozzy, with Slash opening. Bad ass show.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Last one I went to was right around this time in 2010. Alice in Chains @ The Richmond National. I got the tickets for my brother and myself for Christmas. He ended up snapping his ankle on some ice and had to get a plate and screws put in to fix it so he was hemmed up for a few months.

So I took my dad instead (RIP, love you) and it was awesome. My dad always took us to concerts as teenagers (Green Day, Spin Doctors, Cranberries, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Cracker 2 times, Gin Blossoms) so I knew he wouldn't mind going. It was awesome, have tons of videos on my youtube channel.

Best part was the kid that kept bumping into my dad while he had a drink in his hand (I drove so he had a fix drinks). The kid acted like he didn't notice what he was doing. The last time he did it was right before my dad poured his drink down the kids back... Kid looked back and hurry upped and turned back around.

boatcop1

Established Member
Last one I went to was right around this time in 2010. Alice in Chains @ The Richmond National. I got the tickets for my brother and myself for Christmas. He ended up snapping his ankle on some ice and had to get a plate and screws put in to fix it so he was hemmed up for a few months.

So I took my dad instead (RIP, love you) and it was awesome. My dad always took us to concerts as teenagers (Green Day, Spin Doctors, Cranberries, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Cracker 2 times, Gin Blossoms) so I knew he wouldn't mind going. It was awesome, have tons of videos on my youtube channel.

Best part was the kid that kept bumping into my dad while he had a drink in his hand (I drove so he had a fix drinks). The kid acted like he didn't notice what he was doing. The last time he did it was right before my dad poured his drink down the kids back... Kid looked back and hurry upped and turned back around.

Sorry for your loss WE, Your pops sounded like a good time :beer:

That list of bands you seen are all great, Reminds me of my formative years:coolman:

As far as Aaron Lewis went, it was pretty awesome. A very chill show but in between sets he plays around and covers some top 40 as a goof. Actually he makes them sound better imo.

Yeah we decided that we need to attend more shows. We live 15 min from Mohegan!:shrug:

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Last Oct. Best night of my life. Blink 182/MCR/Matt and Kim. I was in the pit for the blink show.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
98 Rock fest in 08 was my last lol

lineup up was:
Disturbed
Breaking Benjamin
Staind
StaticX
Nonpoint
and a few others

before the was Slipknot and Disturbed

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
We go to a ton of concerts... we just went to two back-to-back concerts this past weekend.

Saturday night (Feb 11th) was BLACK STONE CHERRY & Cavo (BSC is the best live band out there!!!)
Friday night (Feb 10th) was Blake Shelton & Justin Moore (Miranda Lambert came out & sang her current single too)

We also saw Black Stone Cherry back in September at a local festival. It was my girl's first time seing them (she fell in love), and it was my 9th time.
Before that, my last concert was back in July when I saw Motley Crue on their 30th Anniversary tour with Poison & NY Dolls opening. (It was my 9th time seeing Motley too LOL)

Crap, I just realized I saw Black Stone Cherry two other times back in March & May... I didn't realize I've seen them 4 times in the past 11 months LOL

Last edited:

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
I always wanted to see slipknot live... I have been listening to them since 99.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Sorry for your loss WE, Your pops sounded like a good time :beer:

That list of bands you seen are all great, Reminds me of my formative years:coolman:

As far as Aaron Lewis went, it was pretty awesome. A very chill show but in between sets he plays around and covers some top 40 as a goof. Actually he makes them sound better imo.

Yeah we decided that we need to attend more shows. We live 15 min from Mohegan!:shrug:

Ya. Those were the bands he took us to.

I've personally seen Metallica, Corrosion of Conformity, Cheap Trick, and a few country ones I went to because it was free, LOL.

I'd really love to go to the Tool show playing in the area soon.

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Im listening to stone sour right now.

i've see stone sour twice...pretty good show but nothing at like slipknot even though the front man is the same

his stage presence is waaaaay higher with slipknot

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Slipknot is crazy out of control on stage. Stone sour seems more chill to me. I was really hoping to see velvet revolver and Cory Taylor. I was sad to hear they couldn't make it work..

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Last concert was Kevin Costner and the modern west in Aspen, lol. We usually go with my Mom to see Jimmy Buffet in Vegas every year as well.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Slipknot is crazy out of control on stage. Stone sour seems more chill to me. I was really hoping to see velvet revolver and Cory Taylor. I was sad to hear they couldn't make it work..

i saw velvet revolver with AIC back in 07 in tampa...really good show!

AIC was much better than the first time i saw them in 97 just before lane staley died...they sucked at that show. luckily Faith No More redeemed the show that night!

Users who are viewing this thread