tonneau cover owners

ib_604

Established Member
I'll keep my ears open, but I have no idea what would create/remove the reflection - did you clean it with anything in particular?

Jason

Thx for the reply. It had the reflection pretty much out of the box. I recently cleaned it with windex
multi-purpose cleaner. But no change. Not sure if a lexan cleaner would be any different? Us there any type of anti-glare film I can buy or spray? I believe its related to the tint.

wudy

Established Member
Thx for the reply. It had the reflection pretty much out of the box. I recently cleaned it with windex
multi-purpose cleaner. But no change. Not sure if a lexan cleaner would be any different? Us there any type of anti-glare film I can buy or spray? I believe its related to the tint.

I would agree with that. I belive its the tint as well. I have read other members complian about the glare with the tinted version. Mabey try and peel the tint off?

ib_604

Established Member
I would agree with that. I belive its the tint as well. I have read other members complian about the glare with the tinted version. Mabey try and peel the tint off?

oh really? I wish i found those posts before ordering. Not sure if the tint can be pealed off, i think it is part of the 'lexan'. Which, after some research, I am starting to think may not be lexan, but I don't want to post until I'm sure. If anyone is going to buy one i would not recommend the tinted one. Bad investment...

black 10th vert

Established Member
Fortunately, I had seen the complaints about the tinted one before, so I opted for the clear, even though, I think the tinted looks cool. I ordered the one that goes much lower than the ones cut to fit the speedster covers. I think it is called the extended version, or something. Haven't had my car on the road this season yet, so I haven't even installed it, but I'm glad I went with the clear.

ib_604

Established Member
Fortunately, I had seen the complaints about the tinted one before, so I opted for the clear, even though, I think the tinted looks cool. I ordered the one that goes much lower than the ones cut to fit the speedster covers. I think it is called the extended version, or something. Haven't had my car on the road this season yet, so I haven't even installed it, but I'm glad I went with the clear.

ya, definitely a batter choice and more functional! You'll be happy with it.

jt239

Established Member
I know this is an old thread, but im hoping someone with a 1 piece tonneau can help me with the measurements. I want to ensure it will fit inside the back of a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the back seats down.

Does anyone have specs on one of these? I searched a bunch of sites but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

wudy

Established Member
I started this thread. Ill help you out. I squeezed mine in a Honda crv back when I bought it. I was luck enough to find a saleen 1 piece. So if you have something different then that, I would assume sizes would be different. mine is 59`` long 49`` wide. It should easily fit inn your Cherokee on an angle.

jt239

Established Member
Thanks - I appreciate the help! I seriously cant find the info on any website, etc. If its not any wider than that I should be good.

Again - thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread