Tony Stewart hits driver Kevin Ward in sprint car incident....

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
grand jury says Stewart will not face charges. now this ridiculous witch hunt can end.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Pretty sure those were state taxes used anyways so it isn't your taxes anyways unless you live there?

Glad this is over. It was stupid in the first place.

However and without starting a debate, this is the wrong way to look at it.
Every year the Fed give every state money in the form of grants for all kinds of projects.
If the state had not wasted this money maybe they wouldn't need as much from the Fed.

Taxes are taxes and IMO I don't care who pays them it still sucks.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Oh hey, they came up with pretty much everyone else thats ever driven a vehicle greater than a prius and/or on an actual race track came up with, that no fault is on Tony Stewart.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Glad this is over. It was stupid in the first place.

However and without starting a debate, this is the wrong way to look at it.
Every year the Fed give every state money in the form of grants for all kinds of projects.
If the state had not wasted this money maybe they wouldn't need as much from the Fed.

Taxes are taxes and IMO I don't care who pays them it still sucks.

i was speaking more towards the ridiculous media witch hunt coming from people who had no idea what they were talking about and were screaming for blood just because someone died and another was involved. too often people scream for punishment because someone paid the ultimate price yet those people are too afraid to place blame on the deceased. it's unfortunate kevin ward lost his life, but he alone made that choice, he alone made the mistake. Stewart will spend the rest of his life thinking about that moment, something he never asked for nor deserved.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
Tony could and should've been tested for drugs given a fatality occurred. Can't get away with that on my job.......can any of you?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Tony could and should've been tested for drugs given a fatality occurred. Can't get away with that on my job.......can any of you?

He was screened for them by a "drug expert."

Stewart was interviewed the night of the race by a certified drug recognition expert who determined Stewart wasn't under the influence.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/24/us/tony-stewart-no-charges/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

NASCAR itself also has a drug abuse policy and a testing program. Here's a link to AN ESPN breakdown of the policy.
http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/8145313/nascar-substance-abuse-policy-glance

If you'd like to see the most recent rule set in it's entirety, here's a PDF.
http://media.charlotteobserver.com/images/pdf/nascarpolicy.pdf

Now I don't think the information is available to when the last time Tony had a random screening, but given how harsh the penalties seem to be and how swiftly they are handed out by NASCAR, I seriously doubt a driver/owner would be on anything. Given that and a drug expert, it probably wasn't entirely necessary to conduct a blood test on Tony. Though likely prudent.

Toxicology is always done on an autopsy, so that's a no brainer.

NC85

Lurker for Life
Established Member
All of what you posted is fine but I still stand on what I said that Tony should've been tested. That's not given an OK to the kids actions as I feel he should've stayed in the car.

It just looks fishy..........

"Interviewing" aint pissing or pulling blood/hair.

For all we know, the interviewer could've been greased by then anyway.

Nonetheless, it's over and I'm glad it will be leaving the news spotlight.

Last edited:

Equalbracket

Established Member
Apparently Kevin Ward was high as a kite durning the race which this whole thing even dumber.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/video?vid=332998211740

Just because they found THC in his system doesn't mean he was high when he was driving, clearly their statement worked.

This twat only did what he did because of who it was, and paid for it.

I read that the prosecutor asked the jury to consider charges of second-degree manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide. Even themselves admitted they have no evidence of a crime.

steeltoe

Established Member
Just because they found THC in his system doesn't mean he was high when he was driving, clearly their statement worked.

This twat only did what he did because of who it was, and paid for it.

I read that the prosecutor asked the jury to consider charges of second-degree manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide. Even themselves admitted they have no evidence of a crime.
If he had a small amount of THC in his system the DA wouldn't have said anything about it so I take it that since the DA said it that it was enough to impair his judgement.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I'm glad there was a full investigation and grand jury because if there wasn't the questions would follow Stuart forever - "What if they had done a proper investigation???" So now it's done and can be put in the past. I feel bad for the family of the guy killed, but it's not Stuarts fault the guy let his temper get the best of him and he made a bad decision that put him in the position for this accident to happen.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
If he was high he wouldnt of got out of the car, and plus he would of won the race.
:lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: dumbest statement of the year .. unless you were joking ... I hope you were joking anyway

Equalbracket

Established Member
:lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: dumbest statement of the year .. unless you were joking ... I hope you were joking anyway

Of course I wasn't serious. But I am serious about the DA having absolutely no idea if he was high at the time of his death, and question the need to feed that information to the public in the manner they did.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Of course I wasn't serious. But I am serious about the DA having absolutely no idea if he was high at the time of his death, and question the need to feed that information to the public in the manner they did.

So he smoked MJ after he got struck? Either the levels were high enough to cause impairment AT THE TIME OF THE CRASH or they weren't. The TOX screen showed that the levels were elevated enough to cause impairment at the time of the crash. What part of that is confusing to you? Are you high right now?:shrug:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
you are 100% wrong on this. the tox report would show if he had enough in his system to be impaired and that is exactly what it showed.

Users who are viewing this thread