Tony Stewart hits driver Kevin Ward in sprint car incident....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The tox report is also going to pretty much kill any attempt by Ward's family to file a civil suit against Stewart. Sad story all around. But this also brings to light the fact that there are drivers out there who smoke weed before a race and then drive with their judgement impaired. These are cars driven at high speeds where drivers have to often make split second decisions; decision that affect the other drivers. IMO racing groups are going to have to consider testing drivers before a race to ensure that NO driver is impaired due to drug (or alcohol) use. JMO.

Kiohtee

Established Member
This family just won't give up! :nonono:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nasca...ing--the-matter-is-not-at-rest-215917279.html

I understand that they're still grieving and will be for a long time, but how out of touch can you be? Your son was likely high during or prior to the race and was still impaired enough leading up to his death that his judgement was deemed affected.

I really hope a lawyer, judge or someone of that nature can effectively make this family's attempt at money just disappear. They're as dumb as their son was.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
This family just won't give up! :nonono:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nasca...ing--the-matter-is-not-at-rest-215917279.html

I understand that they're still grieving and will be for a long time, but how out of touch can you be? Your son was likely high during or prior to the race and was still impaired enough leading up to his death that his judgement was deemed affected.

I really hope a lawyer, judge or someone of that nature can effectively make this family's attempt at money just disappear. They're as dumb as their son was.

well of course. didn't you know it's always someone else's fault?

i personally enjoy the bold areas, illustrating how out of touch and ridiculous they are:
"Our son got out of his car during caution when the race was suspended. All the other vehicles were reducing speed and not accelerating except for Stewart, who intentionally tried to intimidate Kevin by accelerating and sliding his car toward him, causing the tragedy. The focus should be on the actions of Mr. Stewart. This matter is not at rest and we will pursue all remedies in fairness to Kevin.”

not to mention the rest of their statement is nothing but an accusation proven to be false.

Kiohtee

Established Member
"Our son got out of his car during caution when the race was suspended."

I don't think these ignoramuses understand what the word suspended means. The race being suspended would have required a red flag, which wasn't thrown at the time. The pace of the race was only reduced and controlled by a pace car at the time.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
To me the positive test for marijuana indicates Ward Jr was not very serious about being a professional racing driver. NASCAR's substance abuse policy clearly includes marijuana in the list of banned substances. True this was not a NASCAR sanctioned event, but most of the up and coming sprint car drivers tend to have aspirations to drive in NASCAR.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Tony will more than likely end up paying something to make it all go away and avoid huge legal fees imo.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
The tox report is also going to pretty much kill any attempt by Ward's family to file a civil suit against Stewart. Sad story all around. But this also brings to light the fact that there are drivers out there who smoke weed before a race and then drive with their judgement impaired. These are cars driven at high speeds where drivers have to often make split second decisions; decision that affect the other drivers. IMO racing groups are going to have to consider testing drivers before a race to ensure that NO driver is impaired due to drug (or alcohol) use. JMO.

One could argue if marijuana use hinders or helps ones ability to drive.

Would be pretty comical if one day you found out that the worlds greatest drivers were under the influence of MJ.

Maybe Ward just got done watching "Rush" and wanted to see if it worked....

Kiohtee

Established Member
I really hope Tony doesn't cave in. I want him to make them chase his money like their boy chased his car. And when their done chasing, hopefully they won't have a pot left to piss in; pun intended.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I really hope Tony doesn't cave in. I want him to make them chase his money like their boy chased his car. And when their done chasing, hopefully they won't have a pot left to piss in; pun intended.

Doubtful. Its not in his character to do that.

I wouldnt be surprised if already the funeral costs and everything associated has been footed by Stewart.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Doubtful. Its not in his character to do that.

I wouldnt be surprised if already the funeral costs and everything associated has been footed by Stewart.

I don't know. Providing any kind of financial assistance prior to a court ruling may look too much like guilt.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Only a stoner would post up bullshit like this.

One could argue if marijuana use hinders or helps ones ability to drive.

Would be pretty comical if one day you found out that the worlds greatest drivers were under the influence of MJ.

Maybe Ward just got done watching "Rush" and wanted to see if it worked....

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I don't know. Providing any kind of financial assistance prior to a court ruling may look too much like guilt.

I dont know who wouldnt feel some sort of responsibility for a situation like that. Even though it wasnt his fault, Id imagine every day he relives that moment and wonders what he couldve done differently so that that kid was still on this planet.

You mean to tell me if you were driving and some kid ran out and was hit by you and died at no fault of your own, and you were loaded, that you would just shrug it off? I ****ing hate charity and I would still feel like I was at least somehow responsible, even if its misplaced.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I dont know who wouldnt feel some sort of responsibility for a situation like that. Even though it wasnt his fault, Id imagine every day he relives that moment and wonders what he couldve done differently so that that kid was still on this planet.

You mean to tell me if you were driving and some kid ran out and was hit by you and died at no fault of your own, and you were loaded, that you would just shrug it off? I ****ing hate charity and I would still feel like I was at least somehow responsible, even if its misplaced.

Tony Stewart wasn't loaded, the kid was. If I'm loaded and hit a kid with my car which kills them, you better believe it would be my fault.

Users who are viewing this thread