"Top Gear" bashes lightnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

98ATLBlueCobra

Established Member
i hate to tell him but my interior doesnt not fit like that one he had. and my steering wheels isnt that loose and i have 65k on mine. i think he got the ragged to crap and back one. theres no way my L would go through a mud puddle not with me driving it at least.

203Cree

Established Member
98ATLBlueCobra said:
i hate to tell him but my interior doesnt not fit like that one he had. and my steering wheels isnt that loose and i have 65k on mine. i think he got the ragged to crap and back one. theres no way my L would go through a mud puddle not with me driving it at least.

The quality issues he had should've fallen solely on the conversion company.

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
He is a moron.............the build quality can not be compaired to a high end european cars that he is use to that cost 2-3x's more :nonono:

203Cree

Established Member
unclesams_svt said:
He is a moron.............the build quality can not be compaired to a high end european cars that he is use to that cost 2-3x's more :nonono:

Cost had nothing to do with it. It was converted over to RHD. Whoever did that should be responsible for the quality issues.

overtimewr125

What a F*ckin hypocrite. In his huge Lambos and Ferraris there is hardly any room for groceries or the ability to move around town anyway! everything he said that was wrong with the L is also wrong with his german and european sports cars. Except the issue of the instability of the rear wheels. I just say it makes burnouts better!

svtjackal

OMG look at Olivia
Established Member
what a tool, if I go shopping in the L and I just have 2 or 3 plastic bags full of greceries I do not put them on the bed I put them on the cab with me what an IDIOT. :bash:

That British dude is a schmuck. Using the gun rack stereotype as if Americans are all gun toting outlaws. And that dipshit should do more research on the Lightning's 5.4 and the Ford GT's 5.4

00SVTlightning

F8LSTRKE
Established Member
He probably drove an L that has been passed from magazine editors to TV hosts and anyone else. It is probably a "test drive" vehilce only. That's worse than rental car duty.

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Easy there guys. Mr. Clarkson himself has been quoted as calling Ford's 4.6 quad cammer as "one of the world's most marvelous engines" (or something along those lines, I have the episode of him saying that). He does not hate everything American. Just alot of it, like me. And he is in absolute love with the new Focus ST. He loved it's styling, handling and performance.

On a different note, the little short dude called the LS1, "A phenomenon, THE most popular engine of all time..." and ranted and raved about it's performance and sound when driving a TSO powered by a 420 hp LS1. (Yea it's a Chevy but it's American and it got his respect.) See the episode where he drove a '68 Charger? He wants one, b/c he realized how cool muscle cars really are.

I can bring up other examples where they give props and honest praise to American cars. They just joke about it alot, much like they make fun of Germans alot. You people just need to lighten up!

Last edited:

URBAN COWBOY

CITY SLICKER
Established Member
unclesams_svt said:

Word. And why in the hell was he driving an "L" offroad (in mud and ruts). The sight of that almost made me sick. That's almost like me taking my "Busa" trail riding. For the things he wanted to do he should of had a regular F-150. :bash:

URBAN COWBOY

203Cree

Established Member
Kovachian said:
See the episode where he drove a '68 Charger? He wants one, b/c he realized how cool muscle cars really are.

I believe he actually owns one now. The lime green one they showed at the end of that segment.

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Thank you, that's my whole point. The guys at Top Gear aren't bullheadedly opposed to American cars to the extent that people here think they are. I don't even like 99% of modern American cars but I still know a diamond in the rough when I see one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread