Top speed limiter truly removed with SCT tune?

Bmr4life

Established Member
I was testing out my aluminum DS today on the way to work on a particular stretch of highway that is straight, flat, and open. I got up to 148mph (gps) and the car made a violent shudder, stopped accelerating, and shifted up a gear. The speedo said something around 155-160mph.

I know for sure that the option for speed limit is set to off on my hand held. I guess I can contact Doug at C&L since that's the tune I'm using at the moment. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this before.

As for the DS (Axle Exchange 4" unit), it is not as smooth at real high speeds as the stock DS (like 130+), but for 100mph and down it is FAR better. At 75mph it is super smooth.

Last edited:

WHITEMACH

Established Member
Been North of 170 on the gps and ran outta room. Sct with speed limiter off

Last edited:

Bmr4life

Established Member
If he took out one of your friends or family because of a mishap at that speed. Would you care then?
160 on the street is insane and irresponsible.

You should NEVER go to Road Kill Drive-Thru or Pics and Videos Buffet forums. You won't like what you see.

Last edited:

attz0r

On a quest
Established Member
Mine went up to 172 on a dyno, never had the need or desire to do anything near that on the street.

Bmr4life

Established Member
Mine went up to 172 on a dyno, never had the need or desire to do anything near that on the street.

Yeah, I honestly don't have a "desire" to go that fast either. Its pretty nerve racking. I only do it when I'm testing out a mod and/or tune. I've probably done it about 5 times since I bought the car over a year ago. Same strip of road everytime.

03lowram

Established Member
Stock tuned, Ive had mine up to 145+ on the stock tires. Wont do that again, till I get different tires and lower the car.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I was testing out my aluminum DS today on the way to work on a particular stretch of highway that is straight, flat, and open. I got up to 148mph (gps) and the car made a violent shudder, stopped accelerating, and shifted up a gear. The speedo said something around 155-160mph.

I know for sure that the option for speed limit is set to off on my hand held. I guess I can contact Doug at C&L since that's the tune I'm using at the moment. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this before.

As for the DS (Axle Exchange 4" unit), it is not as smooth at real high speeds as the stock DS (like 130+), but for 100mph and down it is FAR better. At 75mph it is super smooth.

Sounds like it has to do with the auto tranny an tune that caused that. Contact your tuner about it.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Yeah but it's extremely fun going 160!!!!!
Yes it is. Thats why I go to the track.
You should NEVER go to Road Kill Drive-Thru or Pics and Videos Buffet forums. You won't like what you see.
I've been here a long time, My opinion is known over there. I've lost two friends to street racing. One in the 70's and one last year. The one last year was on his way home from a movie and dinner with his wife. Hit by a street racer when the racer lost control of his car crossing a lane and hitting him almost head on . His wife has recovered. 4 children lost their father.

Last edited:

Bmr4life

Established Member
Yes it is. Thats why I go to the track.

I've been here a long time, My opinion is known over there. I've lost two friends to street racing. One in the 70's and one last year. The one last year was on his way home from a movie and dinner with his wife. Hit by a street racer when the racer lost control of his car crossing a lane and hitting him almost head on . His wife has recovered. 4 children lost their father.

Cool, I don't street race.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread