Torque Booster Kit - only 8 PSI

lshin037

Established Member
I installed the torque booster kit from TBR. Everything went fine but I just noticed that the boost only goes up to 8 PSI. After speaking with Blazer707 and confirming belt slip (dust on back of headunit and on the balancer), I moved over the idler pulley one hole over (middle hole). I'm still seeing 8 PSI. I did replace the stock BOV for a Maxflow Race 360 BOV. Any help would be appreciated.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I only see 9.4-9.5 with mine on the spring that was included(I think it says its a 9.8). Are you sure the right spring is in the WG? Maybe your gauge is off? Mine has dust too but me and 2 friends tried to get it in the next hole for over an hour and it was NOT going. I assume its probably slipping at a higher rpm, while its already bleeding off boost anyway. My gauge stays at 9.4-5 from 6200 up.

Last edited:

lshin037

Established Member
Appreciate your inputs. I'm gonna check the clamps/piping again tomorrow. Maybe also change back to the stock BOV and see if that works. I checked the WG before putting it in and it did indeed have springs but I couldn't tell the colors. According to the chart that it came with, it should be black & red springs for bleed off at 9.7 psi. My gauge is the Aeroforce interceptor with the 3.5MAP sensor. It showed 10 psi when I was stock so I don't think it's off.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Same gauge I use. Check the ground on the map sensor. Mine was loose and was reading low at one point. May not be it, but something else to check.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Oh i didnt know you were using the stock bov, you should dump that thing for a tial bov! I had issues with mine before i had the torque booster installed. I removed it and went with the block off plate. I have nothing but tial doing the work!

lshin037

Established Member
Oh i didnt know you were using the stock bov, you should dump that thing for a tial bov! I had issues with mine before i had the torque booster installed. I removed it and went with the block off plate. I have nothing but tial doing the work!

I switched to the maxflow race 360 BOV at the same time I installed the torque booster kit. I'm going to change back to stock and see if that raises the boost level. I know the stock one works

lshin037

Established Member
Rechecked all the fittings and clamps. I made sure the ground to the MAP sensor was tight. I changed to the 11.6 springs on the WG. Before the spring change, it was a consistent 7.7 psi. After the change, it's at 8.3-8.4. Maybe it's the gauge? I haven't read anything about these gauges going out of calibration.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
Rechecked all the fittings and clamps. I made sure the ground to the MAP sensor was tight. I changed to the 11.6 springs on the WG. Before the spring change, it was a consistent 7.7 psi. After the change, it's at 8.3-8.4. Maybe it's the gauge? I haven't read anything about these gauges going out of calibration.

Be careful going to a much higher spring(if on stock shortblock). If its just the gauge showing low, you will be pushing a ton of power. :banana: I'd stick another gauge on there to verify if you can.

lshin037

Established Member
It's just one step higher. I rarely ever take it to redline. Just doing it now for testing purposes. Ever heard of these gauges going bad?

lshin037

Established Member
I like it since the boost comes on quicker. It's an improvement. But I'd like to have this work the way it's supposed to.

Voltwings

Established Member
What are your full list of mods? Boost is just a measure of restriction, so certain flow mods will read lower in boost, but that doesnt mean less airflow / power.

Also, is your car now making more / less / or the same boost after the install as it was before?

lshin037

Established Member
What are your full list of mods? Boost is just a measure of restriction, so certain flow mods will read lower in boost, but that doesnt mean less airflow / power.

Also, is your car now making more / less / or the same boost after the install as it was before?

If I remember right, I had close to 10 Psi on the stock setup, like 9.7-9.8. I checked the boost right after I installed the gauge and MAP sensor. About a month before I got the torque booster kit, I put cat deletes but never checked boost again.

The car is making less boost than before. It was at 7.7 consistently after the torque booster install, then 8.3-8.4 after I changed the springs in the WG to 11.6

Mods are the V3, torque booster kit, maxflow 360 BOV, gt500 ab and cat deletes

Last edited:

mhyjek

Established Member
If I remember right, I had close to 10 Psi on the stock setup, like 9.7-9.8. I checked the boost right after I installed the gauge and MAP sensor. About a month before I got the torque booster kit, I put cat deletes but never checked boost again.

The car is making less boost than before. It was at 7.7 consistently after the torque booster install, then 8.3-8.4 after I changed the springs in the WG to 11.6

Mods are the V3, torque booster kit, maxflow 360 BOV, gt500 ab and cat deletes

still doesn't make sense do you here the tq booster open up and vent? It's pretty loud sounds like your upgraded BOV accept when your still WOT. How are you reading boost maybe it's configuration is off...

lshin037

Established Member
still doesn't make sense do you here the tq booster open up and vent? It's pretty loud sounds like your upgraded BOV accept when your still WOT. How are you reading boost maybe it's configuration is off...

I don't hear the WG venting. But then I wouldn't since boost is not reaching that high. I'm reading boost through an aeroforce interceptor gauge and 3.5 MAP sensor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread