Tracking an 03-04 Cobra

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
anyone have thoughts on rear spring rate for coil overs w/14" springs??? 600 cannot be the answer :shrug:

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
anyone have thoughts on rear spring rate for coil overs w/14" springs??? 600 cannot be the answer :shrug:

Why don't you call MM and ask their recomendation. 14" springs sound really long to me.

We have given you several answers and you still don't like them i guess because "600's can't be the answer".

Listen to wheelhopper, 14" spring sounds like a front coil-over for a drag set-up.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
We have given you several answers and you still don't like them i guess because "600's can't be the answer".

Listen to wheelhopper, 14" spring sounds like a front coil-over for a drag set-up.

only because going from 225 lb springs to 600 lb springs makes no since.,., it is still a daily driver and not a road race only car :shrug: is there a happy medium?

sonic cobra

Established Member
MM has your answer. Springs and shocks need to match. I told them how I use the car and MM set me up with 600# hypercoil springs matched to the OEM '00 Cobra R rear shocks . IMO too much for a dailty driver. I only use mine on the weekends. It rides fine on good roads but lousy on bad roads and pretty darn good on track.

racebronco2

Established Member
only because going from 225 lb springs to 600 lb springs makes no since.,., it is still a daily driver and not a road race only car :shrug: is there a happy medium?

What makes no sense is the 225Lb spring. Stock terminators comes with 600's front and rear. 225's is a spring rate for a solid rear axle. Where did you get those spring rates from? A 225lb 14" spring is for the front of a drag set-up.

Like other have said call maximum motorsports since you don't believe us.

wheelhopper

Established Member
^I was thinking the same thing. I had to go back and check to make sure this thread was started in reference to an IRS car.

Sniperdog , as I stated much earlier, the 400lb-425lb front with 600lb-625lb rear is the ideal spring rate for the IRS Mustangs. Go a little less on both ends if you want more street friendliness. Like the 375/575 combo I mentioned earlier. If you're going to push against the info we keep giving you, quit asking for it.

I'm moving on from this thread. Even better, why don't you go ask the guys on Corner Carvers and see how long you last.

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I called max motor sports , they said 325 fronts 500 rear for street strip car, so I ordered the set :)

Sent from Riddla's massive Johnson

Users who are viewing this thread