Trade '03 Mach for '04 Mystic Chrome Cobra?

Durrman

Established Member
One of the local Ford dealerships has a '04 Mystic chrome Cobra with 7000km. They are asking $32,000 for it (Canadian). Should I trade in my '03 Mach1 for it?

I'd love to keep the Mach and throw on a KB in the future, but the crazy insurance in Ontario would make my car nearly impossible to insure (big $$$), and the Cobra would only cost a tiny bit more then the Mach to insure.

What are peoples opinions?

I was considering putting the Mach up for sale in the spring to see what I could get for it, then take my time looking for a Cobra, possibly one from the US - where prices are relatively cheaper then here.

I also posted this on the Mach1 Registry.org, but I thought I better get opinions that are biased from the other side of the fence!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Get the mystichome. That is a rediculously low mileage... or kilometerage... lol.

If your insurance goes up on the Mach because of the KB, you can port and pulley the blower and have 500hp without the insurance even knowing.

Durrman

Established Member
Why would you tell your insurance company you put a KB on it????:idea:

If I had a claim (like the car gets totalled or something) and they find out that I didn't "disclose material change in risk" then the will refuse to pay out, drop my coverage, and leave me SOL - which isn't the end of the world for the car, but if there are injuries or damage to some one else's property, it becomes a big deal. I'm not willing to take that risk - hence the interest in the Cobra.

And I agree, pulley the blower on the Cobra - insurance shouldn't be able to find out about that - same goes for putting some FR500 cms in the Mach, but stepping up to the Cobra seems som much better - more power, IRS, etc.

Common

Established Member
Get the mystichome. That is a rediculously low mileage... or kilometerage... lol.

If your insurance goes up on the Mach because of the KB, you can port and pulley the blower and have 500hp without the insurance even knowing.

Yup, thats around 4200 miles.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
What is $32,000 Canadian in U.S dollars? I wouldn't pay anything over $24K U.S. for a Cobra, but that's just me.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
What is $32,000 Canadian in U.S dollars? I wouldn't pay anything over $24K U.S. for a Cobra, but that's just me.

Not sure. But it's about 17 quadrizillion pesos.

Edit: BTW, yes. Get the Cobra.

Last edited:

03Mach04Cobra

GO HOKIES!!!
Established Member
Go with the Mystichrome - I've had my Mystichrome for over a year now and loved every minute of it! - Just got a '03 Mach about 2months ago, but the two dont even begin to compare as far as power or handling goes!

If ya get the Cobra - dont let the Mod Bug bite ya to hard :p haha

Common

Established Member
Good luck finding a 4000 mile Mystichrome Cobra for that price. :rolleyes:

Wow, canadian dollar is same as American today, 1:1 almost.

Some people need to wake the phuck up.:bash:

100.00 USD = 95.1708 CAD

United States Dollars Canada Dollars
1 USD = 0.951708 CAD 1 CAD = 1.05074 USD

Last edited:

92z28

Established Member
Not sure. But it's about 17 quadrizillion pesos.

Edit: BTW, yes. Get the Cobra.

359,936.06 pesos or 33,636.72 US dollars

BTW most things that are that expensive are sold in US dollars in Mexico because seriously who wants to go through the trouble of converting all that later?

To the OP, see if you can find a better deal on one since I see 03/04 Cobras in my area go for less than 24k often enough....but if you are set on the mystic vert thats fine too just don't forget to post pics :beer:

SpectorV

Established Member
you cant get any 04 cobra for 24k with good miles lol.... I wouldnt pay to much for it... but I know up there they are harder to come by and thus more expensive.

MYSTICHROME447

Established Member
Get the cobra I traded my 04 DSG mach 1 for mine and I loved it but the cobra is wayyyy better.

Users who are viewing this thread