Traded in the Mach1...

Ironhand

Banned
The way I want to do it is alot more direct and since it only envolves maybe 2-3 feet of modified piping and stuff like that, then it shouldn't be hard, and wont be really noticable with even the hood open... But Im still waiting to get my Mach 1 so that is why I said it may take a few months and plus, I'm sure that will void a warranty..

Just my way of trying to make a Mach 1 with a fuctional shaker keep up with a Cobra..(with some Cobras) ROFL :)

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Awsome job dude, you got forged internals too! Man if I were you I'd be jackin the boost up to 15-18 psig making 600 at the rears! There is no way the stock tires can handle you HP set up as it is now. How does she handle with the SC on it? I just laid down 480 to the rears on Saturday!

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
I'll see what she does with her 10/11 psi when I take her to Lamotta's for her dyno tuning tomorrow. I believe the J&E pistons reduced the compression ratio to about 9.3:1, so I'm only expecting mid 400's for now. Believe me when I say I have been seriously considering cranking up the boost in the not too distant future though. :burnout:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
grimreefer said:
I'll see what she does with her 10/11 psi when I take her to Lamotta's for her dyno tuning tomorrow. I believe the J&E pistons reduced the compression ratio to about 9.3:1, so I'm only expecting mid 400's for now. Believe me when I say I have been seriously considering cranking up the boost in the not too distant future though. :burnout:

You know Vortech claims that super charger will handle over 650hp! Attention KB Cobras...better what your backs!

I want forged internals :cryying: :whine: .

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Took the car to Lamotta and he found some problems with it. Looks like it could have some bad rings as the crankcase pressure is blowing lots of oil up into the intake track which is causing it to ping slightly with only 9 degrees of timing! Dynoed it once and it only put down 385 hp. Also got more history on the car and it's not good. I bought the car because it was supposed to have forged internals. Well it turns out the connecting rods are still stock. The Vortech was originally installed incorrectly on a stock engine. No flow through the aftercooler made it eat a couple pistons. Another shop fixed the botched s/c install and tore the motor down. They only replaced the pistons though! and with J&E dishes instead of flat tops which lowered the compression ratio to 9.3:1, which in turn made it run like a turd. Who the **** takes an engine down to parade rest without throwing in better rods??? In short, it'd take about another $6000 and about 3/4 weeks to forge the motor THE RIGHT WAY. Anyway, the dealer was unaware of all this and even though I bought it "as is", they're stepping up and letting me trade back. Only problem is... they already sold my black Mach1. :( So........ they've given me an '03 GT to get around in while we're waiting for an '03 silver Cobra to be trailered in from out of state for me to look over. I'm feeling pretty sh!tty that I ever let my '04 black Mach1 go :bash: ...and no offense, but stock GT's are fuggin' slow as hell... :cuss:

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
Hey were do you live? I'm in Lakeland and when I get my Mach 1, we can go drivin around or something, although, I may try to steal your supercharger.. ROFL!!! j/k

Ironhand

Banned
Oviedo? I shot the county match for my ROTC unit there in Orlando and we won! :) My name is on that trophy. :) but anyways, I've been there.. That is closer then the one in Daytona.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Ironhand said:
Oviedo? I shot the county match for my ROTC unit there in Orlando and we won! :) My name is on that trophy. :) but anyways, I've been there.. That is closer then the one in Daytona.
:??: I'm in Titusville and the club is out of Orlando.

Ironhand

Banned
I didnt register at the forum but the moderator said Oviedo so I took that to be were the Club was out of, I know where Titusville is too. :) Another ROTC Rifle Team Match.. I'll look into it and anything that is closer then Daytona is helpfull.

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Holy crap that sucks the big wiener!

Okay, if the Cobra doesn't meet your approval I would repair the Mach's bottom end and be done with it. All the pieces are in place, you have a SCed Mach with low miles that has the potential of becoming a beast.

Remember, out of the ashes rose a 10 second forged SC Mach. Also remember building a SC Mach makes you a member of a very elite club. I feel there are less than 25 nation wide. If someone would like to post up some figures confirming a number that would be awsome.

Users who are viewing this thread