Traded my 2012 in on a 2014

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
A little late on posting this, just haven't had time. Last Saturday I traded my 2012 GT500 with 57,500 miles in on a new 2014 GT500. Got Nav and Shaker Pro as the only options (was the closest to a stripper as I could find).

Anyhow, here are some pics. I'll have a full review (in the same style as my 2012 GT500 review) up once I get more seat time with the car, and I hope to get it to the track next weekend.

DjpKWSll.jpg

2OJR1m4l.jpg

MDAeiAbl.jpg

j2QUcc4l.jpg

Dy2nIXhl.jpg

ANAf5ull.jpg

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
What wheels are those and are those Toyo R888s out the back?

Wheels are Steeda Spyders (in 20x11 in the back). And yes, they are R888's. :rockon:

I had them on my 2012, and I knew this car was going to suck on stock rubber, so I had the dealer swap the wheels and tires when I traded it in.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Congrats!! How's those R888's in the rain?

Not bad when they've got tread. That being said, I'm in Norcal, so our 'rain' isn't really rain. We get maybe one decent rain a year, so it isn't a concern, really. If I was back east, I would probably never drive it in the rain.

I'm planning on taking it cross-country this summer though (to NC and back), and I am thinking of switching to MPSS for the trip, mostly for better wet grip. Pucker factor is pretty high if the R888's have low tread and you hit standing water.

MCDEV

Established Member
Love a stripe delete on this car, especially with black :rockon: and who doesn't love a stripper? :shrug:

Congrats on the new ride, I picked my 2013 up the day before you did. Having never driven a 2012 myself I am anxious to read your write up/comparison between the two.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Congrats! Looking good!

Thanks man :)

Love a stripe delete on this car, especially with black :rockon: and who doesn't love a stripper? :shrug:

Congrats on the new ride, I picked my 2013 up the day before you did. Having never driven a 2012 myself I am anxious to read your write up/comparison between the two.

Thanks, I'll get it up as soon as I can. I took the '12 on a couple of long distance trips before writing it up, I want to give the '14 the same kind of attention. :)

raustin0017

Established Member
Thanks man, can't wait to try out LC at the track.

BTW, got to ask, why did you get rid of your Cobra replica? And how hard was it to drive?

Sold the Cobra because I was going to build another one. Not hard to drive. Just had to respect the power to weight ratio. No anti-lock, no traction control, no nothing. Just a blast to drive.
Funny thing is about three weeks after I sold it I got orders to report to Germany. If I would have taken it to Germany I would have doubled my $$$. Life goes on and when I got to Germany I got the M3. Sold it when I went to Oklahoma and now drive the Shelby. Will build another Cobra in the next couple of years.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Congrats! Those wheels look awesome!

Thanks man :) I actually like the look of the stock GT500 (not PP) wheels better, but they are too thin for my taste. I like fat rubber on the back :)

Sold the Cobra because I was going to build another one. Not hard to drive. Just had to respect the power to weight ratio. No anti-lock, no traction control, no nothing. Just a blast to drive.
Funny thing is about three weeks after I sold it I got orders to report to Germany. If I would have taken it to Germany I would have doubled my $$$. Life goes on and when I got to Germany I got the M3. Sold it when I went to Oklahoma and now drive the Shelby. Will build another Cobra in the next couple of years.

I'd love to have a Cobra, I have an unhealthy love for cars with too much HP and not enough weight (Cobra, Monster Miata, T-Bucket, etc.). When you build it, make sure you post, I'd love to see it. :beer:

ThomasL

Established Member
What color are your stripes?

Matte Black. Which looks sick as well. They just get dinged and scratched easily it seems. Hard to keep clean too.

As an aside: are 13/14 GT500s the best looking ass on a car ever or what!?!? Love it.

Last edited:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Matte Black. Which looks sick as well. They just get dinged and scratched easily it seems. Hard to keep clean too.

Yea, Matte Black was actually what I would have ordered, had I ordered one. I've never seen it in person, though, both of mine have been stripe deletes. :shrug:

5.8 Venom

Established Member
I tell ya, I like the look of the stripes, not sure I dig on the maintenance of them. That said, that rear shot of your car is very nice. It is a whole different car without the stripes, especially in the back with the trunk valance blending in, the red tail lamps, sticking out, and S H E L B Y across the back.

Very Nice!

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
I tell ya, I like the look of the stripes, not sure I dig on the maintenance of them. That said, that rear shot of your car is very nice. It is a whole different car without the stripes, especially in the back with the trunk valance blending in, the red tail lamps, sticking out, and S H E L B Y across the back.

Very Nice!

Thanks man. Making me feel better about getting another black stripe delete car :dancenana:

Users who are viewing this thread