Traded my 2012 in on a 2014

olaosunt

Established Member
I don't know man, that GT sounds awesome, and your 2011 is putting out ~100 RWHP more than mine. Both awesome cars to be sure.

Anyhow, if you really want to trade it, you are probably going to have to play hardball to get the number you want. Like I said, I went to EVERY SINGLE DEALERSHIP within 200 miles. All were giving me the 25-27K number. I finally got one that wanted to sell the car bad enough to be willing to take the risk on mine, and they came up to 32K sight unseen. I would think you should be able to get 35K for yours, as long as you are willing to walk away if they don't budge.
Hey man don't mean to hijack your thread....

Problem with the GT was I kept modding it, trying to make it "feel" as fast as the Shelby.
Even though it is now making almost 100 more HP and could probably run a 9 with driver MOD or an 8 with an automatic,it still does not feel as fast.
I guess the torque is what is missing and it still makes less than the Shelby.It has also become a bit of a frankenstein car,especially after the fuel system and feels very unrefined,with a lot of NVH.
I would sell it but I must have over $30K in it by now which I would never see again.
It has pretty much become a drag car now.Heck, I even put a cobra jet emblem on the grill since I have the same engine set up(I feel it earned it)
it is only really fun now going down the 1320 ft- I might as well put an automatic in it.

I have just over 2 years of payments left on the Shelby which still feels refined,and smooth even with the long tubes and catted X.
I thought about trading it since I would have quite a bit of equity in it now.Every time I drive it though,I think I could never trade it....Except for a better shelby.
I dont have that much in terms of mods(at least compared to the GT) and some of the parts (watts link,Tokico's, upper and lower pulley,injectors,MGW,springs--heck even the clutch) could easily transfer to a 13/14 if I wanted .I could easily sell the TVS and drive shaft.Not sure it would be worth my while taking the headers/Tru trac or clutch off
I will be done paying for it buy the time the 2016?2017 models are out so I may wait till then.
My preference would be to add one of those(or 2013/2014) and not trade(I still regret trading my M3)but will have my work cut out convincing the CFO. I am already hatching a plan to get back into an M3- 2015- without trading the S4-(where has all wheel drive been all my life) since the Explorer sport is wife's car.:lol1:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Hey man don't mean to hijack your thread....

Problem with the GT was I kept modding it, trying to make it "feel" as fast as the Shelby.
Even though it is now making almost 100 more HP and could probably run a 9 with driver MOD or an 8 with an automatic,it still does not feel as fast.
I guess the torque is what is missing and it still makes less than the Shelby.It has also become a bit of a frankenstein car,especially after the fuel system and feels very unrefined,with a lot of NVH.
I would sell it but I must have over $30K in it by now which I would never see again.
It has pretty much become a drag car now.Heck, I even put a cobra jet emblem on the grill since I have the same engine set up(I feel it earned it)
it is only really fun now going down the 1320 ft- I might as well put an automatic in it.

I have just over 2 years of payments left on the Shelby which still feels refined,and smooth even with the long tubes and catted X.
I thought about trading it since I would have quite a bit of equity in it now.Every time I drive it though,I think I could never trade it....Except for a better shelby.
I dont have that much in terms of mods(at least compared to the GT) and some of the parts (watts link,Tokico's, upper and lower pulley,injectors,MGW,springs--heck even the clutch) could easily transfer to a 13/14 if I wanted .I could easily sell the TVS and drive shaft.Not sure it would be worth my while taking the headers/Tru trac or clutch off
I will be done paying for it buy the time the 2016?2017 models are out so I may wait till then.
My preference would be to add one of those(or 2013/2014) and not trade(I still regret trading my M3)but will have my work cut out convincing the CFO. I am already hatching a plan to get back into an M3- 2015- without trading the S4-(where has all wheel drive been all my life) since the Explorer sport is wife's car.:lol1:

LOL, sounds like an awesome bunch of 'problems' to have :lol1:

If you don't mind me asking, if you wanted a kickass AWD car, why not a GTR?

IMHO, I can't see trading your Shelby for a new one. I mean, there's a lot of cool things about the '14, but the big one is the extra power. You're already over that power level in yours, and you've got a lot of other goodies besides. If I were in your shoes, I think I'd wait, pay off the current car, and then decide what new toy I want to dump that payment into.

Still rolling over here about all your toys though, lol.

olaosunt

Established Member
LOL, sounds like an awesome bunch of 'problems' to have :lol1:

If you don't mind me asking, if you wanted a kickass AWD car, why not a GTR?

IMHO, I can't see trading your Shelby for a new one. I mean, there's a lot of cool things about the '14, but the big one is the extra power. You're already over that power level in yours, and you've got a lot of other goodies besides. If I were in your shoes, I think I'd wait, pay off the current car, and then decide what new toy I want to dump that payment into.

Still rolling over here about all your toys though, lol.
Thanks for the advice man.
I think that is exactly what I will do.
Hopefully I will have a bigger garage by then! lol.

The GTR is way too expensive.I would definitely have had to trade BOTH the Shelby and the M3 to swing that. I think $55K is the max I would ever pay on a car.I would rather have two $45K cars than one that cost $90k
I put down quite a bit to keep my payments down but would have to put down so much more if I dont want the payments to look Like a mortgage(at least here in Indiana)lol
Not sure i could live with an auto either.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Thanks for the advice man.
I think that is exactly what I will do.
Hopefully I will have a bigger garage by then! lol.

The GTR is way too expensive.I would definitely have had to trade BOTH the Shelby and the M3 to swing that. I think $55K is the max I would ever pay on a car.I would rather have two $45K cars than one that cost $90k
I put down quite a bit to keep my payments down but would have to put down so much more if I dont want the payments to look Like a mortgage(at least here in Indiana)lol
Not sure i could live with an auto either.

Yea, I here you, the GTR is a very expensive car, well into low end exotic territory. Still on my shortlist of cars to eventually own though. For launching from a dig on street tires, it's pretty hard to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread