trading 2008 Z06 for 2013 Boss

Sniper342

Established Member
Hey guys. Dealer just submitted the order for my 2013 Boss in Gotta Have It Green with Recaro seat/torsen differential option. Trading in my C6 Z06 for it... can't wait! I used to have a 2004 Cobra with the usual pulley, tune mods, and I've always had a soft spot for Mustangs. It'll be nice to be back in the Mustang world. :)

mr-proper

Established Member
just wait cancel your order and get yourself a 2013 gt500!! i wouldn' trade a zo6 for a boss 302:nonono: . my opinion

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
just wait cancel your order and get yourself a 2013 gt500!! i wouldn' trade a zo6 for a boss 302:nonono: . my opinion

Yeah about that...better balance and handling, better motor and more potential for less money, Boss FTW. Ford knows the potential of the Boss, why do you think they stepped up to a TVS 5.8L powerplant?

MrBonus

Established Member
What is your reasoning behind this trade? I love my Boss dearly but the Z06 is a superior performer.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
you will really like the Boss. The Z is an amazing car but the Boss is more fun to drive. I'd recommend installing an exhaust and a tune and you wont feel like you gave up any power. congrats :beer:

ramstein

Established Member
you will really like the Boss. The Z is an amazing car but the Boss is more fun to drive. I'd recommend installing an exhaust and a tune and you wont feel like you gave up any power. congrats :beer:

Are you serious?

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member

Huh? 3200 lb car with 505hp vs 3600lb car with 440hp?

Have you ever driven a C6 Z06?

I'd NEVER trade a C6 z06 for a mustang. None of them. Not even the 13' GT500.

Stripped302

Established Member
congrats! I feel you on the mustang bug, i've always had one and always go back. I gave up a 07 e63 to get back in one. not to pry but i've been looking and keep running into a 10-15k "market adjustment" and not getting the car until the 3rd or possibly 4th qt. are you running into the same thing?

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I can't even get a dealer to call me back to let me know about allocations. need to approach this differently I guess. Figured the guy I bought my lightning and cobra from would at the very least call me back.

red9450

Established Member

Are you serious?

Guys,

Burnin owns both cars. I think its fair to say he's a good judge of the performance of both.

MWR

YWSOTD
Established Member
Are you serious?

Burnin4 has owned two C6Z so his opinion is certainly relevant. I own a H/C/I C6Z and I thought very seriously about selling it to get a boss. In the end, the boss was just not the car for me.

jonesd

Established Member
having driven both cars numerous times, im trying to figure out why anyone would trade down from a c6 z06. Thats not a shot at the boss as i feel its a spectacular car, i just couldnt imagine that switch unless you needed a backseat or wanted a change

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Are you serious?

Absolutely. My Boss with bolt-ons will run with a stock C6Z all day, up till about 120'ish. I took both of my C6Z's down the strip a few hundred times and bone stock they trap low 120's in "normal" conditions (*outside of the extreme negative DA conditions/ATCO/MIR/etc). I bolted on an exhaust, cold air intake and no tune and trapped 120 with my Boss. Now that I'm tuned I'm guessing she will pick up a few mph, making it a drivers race.

As a matter of fact, I enjoy driving my Boss more then the Z. The 3.73's + 7650 rpm limit make it a nasty como on the street, maximizing power + traction. No doubt the Z is king at high speeds and roll racing, but those days are over for me. Its hard to consistently/thoroughly enjoy a car that has zero traction under 60mph/1st gear, and i hated having to run MT's in order to get any traction period. That was also a pita with my 2011 Shelby GT500. When I drive my Boss I stand on the throttle everywhere I go and she handles it with grace :lol1:

Aside from those personal preferences, I also got tired of driving a corvette, even if it was a Z06.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member

Actually, my 08Z (lighter then my 06Z) weighed in at 3080 and my Boss weighs 3510lbs :lol1:

You could definitely say that I've driven a Z06, and I know exactly what they are capable of. Let me know if I need to elaborate (drag strip vids/timeslips/street racing vids/etc).

I am not comparing a stock Z vs a stock Boss.

I'd recommend installing an exhaust and a tune and you wont feel like you gave up any power. congrats :beer:

I gained 50whp/50tq with a full exhaust and cold air intake, and trapped 120mph before getting a tune. I know that my Boss is quicker on the street to 100mph (vs stock C6Z), no doubts. There is no loss in 'fun factor' going from a C6Z to a Boss (with a few minor bolt-ons to bring out some powa). I also felt the same way about my Shelby (except the horrible 1-2 grind, which is why i sold it), loved my Shelby just as much as my Z, and just as fun to drive.

In the end, life is too short to love one car. If the OP doesnt love his new Boss then he can always go back to 'another' Z06. For me, it was either buy my 3rd Z06 or buy a new Boss, easy decision.

Users who are viewing this thread