Tranny no.2 gone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
My guess is that Ford knows every weak point in this transmission already (they've had a few years now looking at customers failed parts) and they just don't care to 'fix' it.

True... Hey I just read in an older thread that you have a JHR Shifter...I started a thread asking about them and their availability. Curious how you like/liked yours. Post up in the new thread if you don't mind. :beer:

D.T.R

Established Member
so.... he got it replaced 2 times, under warranty, on a modded car? did he bring the car with the mods on, to the dealership?
Mine drives and behaves perfectly... except when racing, at WOT... and going from first to 2nd ... if I do it super fast it doesn't want to go into 2nd... not sure why it does that.. i have to do it a lil bit slower and then it will go into 2nd gear just fine...
I'm wondering if I should go to the dealership and get it looked at/replaced now... before I build the motor and put turbos in the car ?
The dealership is not going to be able to replicate this issue unless they're at WOT and try to go into 2nd gear really fast... I doubt they're going to try to make a pull like that to replicate the issue...

Last edited:

walked_u_hard

Established Member
so.... he got it replaced 2 times, under warranty, on a modded car? did he bring the car with the mods on, to the dealership?
Mine drives and behaves perfectly... except when racing, at WOT... and going from first to 2nd ... if I do it super fast it doesn't want to go into 2nd... not sure why it does that.. i have to do it a lil bit slower and then it will go into 2nd gear just fine...
I'm wondering if I should go to the dealership and get it looked at/replaced now... before I build the motor and put turbos in the car ?
The dealership is not going to be able to replicate this issue unless they're at WOT and try to go into 2nd gear really fast... I doubt they're going to try to make a pull like that to replicate the issue...

they all do that. pre load the shifter SLIGHTLY while in 1st, push clutch in and let it fall into second.... dont force it. you cant ram it into gear really hard and expect it to go in.

Question for all the guys with failures, since this hasnt been said in detail yet. How did your trans start acting up before it went out? did it start to whine louder and louder? shift effort just get worse and worse when cold/hot?

My trans has whined since they replaced my clutch assembly, i take it back in a day after and they tell me its "normal". They refuse to do anything with my trans and it sounds like i have a 6-71 blower under the hood in all gears, and i think its getting worse.

D.T.R

Established Member
they all do that. pre load the shifter SLIGHTLY while in 1st, push clutch in and let it fall into second.... dont force it. you cant ram it into gear really hard and expect it to go in.

Question for all the guys with failures, since this hasnt been said in detail yet. How did your trans start acting up before it went out? did it start to whine louder and louder? shift effort just get worse and worse when cold/hot?

My trans has whined since they replaced my clutch assembly, i take it back in a day after and they tell me its "normal". They refuse to do anything with my trans and it sounds like i have a 6-71 blower under the hood in all gears, and i think its getting worse.

So you're saying that what mine is doing is normal? Maybe I'm just trying to shift it too fast? :(

Deespeed99

Established Member

Nothing. No whine, no grinding, nothing. It just went out. I still stand firmly by my stance that a lot of failures are due to the poor stock shifter/setup. I have 3000 miles on my rebuilt one with a barton setup and have had zero issues and even been to the track a few times.

D.T.R

Established Member
Should I take the O/R H pipe off before bringing it in? ugh...

Deespeed99

Established Member
Should I take the O/R H pipe off before bringing it in? ugh...

Depends on the dealer. The one i went too even looked for rubber in the wheel well to see if i was abusing the car but didnt care about the AB or cut resonators on the car.

D.T.R

Established Member
Depends on the dealer. The one i went too even looked for rubber in the wheel well to see if i was abusing the car but didnt care about the AB or cut resonators on the car.

oh dang.. i guess I better not take my chances...

Napoleon85

Established Member

That's ridiculous! Another good reason to keep your wheel wells clean ... at least that's what I tell myself lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread