Tranny no.2 gone!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
My first one went at 7500 miles, but man did it shift good! On my second one, and have done every MT82 mod imaginable, and it still shifts like shit. It has around 20k miles on it.

Sorry to hear that.

Ratchet

Established Member
Well, I only have 450 miles on mine so far... And it seem fine. No weird shit going on. Time will tell when i get the car broken in and beat in it some more... I do have an Mgw shifter coming for it already tho. I'll do fluid and line only if i have to. Lol

turd burglar

Established Member
I'm wondering how many failures are being caused by repeated power shifts? Many people doing that aren't gonna admit it so it just makes me curious if that's a big cause of a lot of failures.

wnt2gofst

Banned
Local to me when I was in Hood just had his replaced in his 2013 5.0. Only mods are bbk intake, sct tune, and mufflers. Ford fixed it. He only roll races his. His Rev is set at 7300 and he bangs the gears at 7100.

from the famous tapatalk.

Krace

Established Member
I dont understand, i have driven 15-20ish new and used 11-13 5.0's and they all shift the same. Only thing i can tell you is the m82 feels way better then the 2 tr3650 transmission i had in my 03 gt (2nd gear syncro went out). i have one friend that says his feels notchy so i got in his and told him it feels like all the mustangs i have ever driven, don't worry about it.
Every mustang has 2 clicks/notch that you feel as you go into gear that is normal. And yes, you will feel more of a click/notch if its cold.
Now if you are grinding gears (syncro's) then yea there is a problem, something is bent/broke or you just don't know how to shift.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
So here's the update, called the dealer to check the status and the service writer told me they took everything apart and fourth was infact gone but ford wanted to send a rep so he can take a look at it! So they're waiting on him now!! Now I'm worried cause the rep might look at the mods and say no warranty! But I wonder they just warrantied it last week same mods so idk. Ill wait and see what they say!

:shrug: So you broke a new tranny that was just installed last week?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Mine used to do this, but it's gotten worse over time and now I'm getting lockouts and the like. I'll be taking it into Ford this spring for service, not planning on them doing much but I have to try. Like the OP, I just flat out don't have $4300+ for a T56 Mag XL conversion, and I don't have the tools/space/lift to do a trans swap.

I for the life of me can't figure out why some of these are so bad at stock/near-stock power levels, and others are problem free with bonkers amounts of rwhp.

made in china = Quality control issues

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
:shrug: So you broke a new tranny that was just installed last week?

Yup!! Gotta be something else causing it. I've been driving stick my whole life and I've driven all my cars hard never ever had a problem. I'm pretty sure I know how to drive. And I have never or would ever power shift one of my cars. My 07 gt had 70k miles when I traded it it numerous track visits and nitrous and I never had any issues with it. These mt82 trannys suck ass. Had less than 200 miles on it when it blew 4 days after getting it back with the new tranny. First time I stepped on it too. So I don't think it's my driving just defective parts.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
probably because you know how to drive stick.

So you're telling me this is caused by driving error? I think not. :lol1:

twoshafts.jpg

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Bringing this back cause I'm curious what happened...I'm afraid the outcome might not have been what the OP hoped for...which sucks!

BPatterson

Established Member
Actually, he got it replaced under warranty again, and is now selling it do he can do an auto swap.

Sent from my iPhone or iPad using Tapatalk

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
Yea got it replaced under warranty tried leaving the car without driving to sell it but no one showed interest in the tranny. Now has about 500+ miles on it and I'm scared to step on it lmao. But ima get on it and if it blows again lemon time. I really love my car and don't want to lemon it but if it blows again there's something else causing it. It is what it is.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Yea got it replaced under warranty tried leaving the car without driving to sell it but no one showed interest in the tranny. Now has about 500+ miles on it and I'm scared to step on it lmao. But ima get on it and if it blows again lemon time. I really love my car and don't want to lemon it but if it blows again there's something else causing it. It is what it is.
I just don't understand why Ford would not investigate the reason behind your car going through transmissions fast than it does gasoline???...Guess they are cool with handing out MT-82's to you like candy LOL :beer:

01bluesnake

Established Member
My guess, it's because Ford knows they have some issues with them failing. Can't believe how certain guys are going to through multiple tranmissions, and others still on the original. I can't see product control being that horrible back to back. My guess is partly driving habit, and power mods. Really should not of blown on a run while in gear though.

cbaty08

Established Member
I just don't understand why Ford would not investigate the reason behind your car going through transmissions fast than it does gasoline???...Guess they are cool with handing out MT-82's to you like candy LOL :beer:

My guess is that Ford knows every weak point in this transmission already (they've had a few years now looking at customers failed parts) and they just don't care to 'fix' it.

Good luck, OP; if you have any questions about the LL process, shoot me a PM; I'm in the same boat currently and hope to have my case closed in the next few months and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread