Trans Am Depot

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bandit Edition. Only 77 will ever be done. :rockon: I watched the whole video (don't just watch a small segment) and I was VERY impressed with both the Trans Am and the facility. I used to own a Callaway Camaro and I spent considerable time at Callaway in Old Lyme back in the mid-90s during the conversion. So I couldn't help but compare Callaway's packages (they're not cheap!) and Trans Am Depot. I'm sure this wild and exceptionally well done Trans Am isn't cheap, but Callaway can't even approach the level of this shop. I am really impressed.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Bandit Edition. Only 77 will ever be done. :rockon: I watched the whole video (don't just watch a small segment) and I was VERY impressed with both the Trans Am and the facility. I used to own a Callaway Camaro and I spent considerable time at Callaway in Old Lyme back in the mid-90s during the conversion. So I couldn't help but compare Callaway's packages (they're not cheap!) and Trans Am Depot. I'm sure this wild and exceptionally well done Trans Am isn't cheap, but Callaway can't even approach the level of this shop. I am really impressed.

I am glad others see how impressive this shop is. The focus on the hole car is impressive. They created a T-top system that looks better than something that would have come out the factor. They add performance to shelf performance parts and they have some super impressive engine packages. They have a state of the art paint facility providing a significant better paint job than factory, then to top it all off they dyno tune each car. There are probably 1% of the speedshops in the entire country that can provide this level expertise.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
There is another side of the T/A Depot that deals in the older stuff. They have many awards from the T/A nationals. Scott the owner has three 79 cars in the shop now doing lsx swaps while at the same time doing complete frame off jobs on 69 cars.

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
I can agree those guys may be good at what they do...but holy smokes, some of those cars are AWFUL looking. For the $$$ those things cost, I would rather go with an actual classic car, or just buy a new performance car. Either way theres no chance Id use my money for something that FUGLY

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
They start at 40k to get the t/a package. Then add for performance

Oh well that isn't too bad. Although I wouldn't spend my money on those but the Bandit edition doesn't look bad. Just a little over done with the front lights and housing.....and a few other things with it.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
You got to be impressed with the work these guys do. Not my cup of tea but what they have brought together is pretty impressive. The t-tops are very impressive. Really makes the car.

The work itself is incredible, that is undeniable. But the cars look proportioned strangely to me. There is just something off about them in the different ways, they remind me of a life size hot wheels car.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Think about the early t/a. It was a camaro with a different hood, fender, front and rear. They were trying to build the car that "the general" would build. They had the car that gm would start with, the camaro. It was hard to get right but I think they came out about as good as it could.

Users who are viewing this thread