Trans mount stiffening. Without whiteline bushing... (how-to inside)

konabluekiller

Established Member
So I didn't feel like ordering a chunk of rubber for $50 and waiting for it to come off of back order and be shipped to my house. I looked at how my friends just stuck into the stock rubber mount to fill in the gaps and realized there's an easy fix on the shelf at auto zone.

Go buy you some Window Weld (its black poly that drys hard as a rock). Support your transmission, remove cross member, put cardboard on back side of rubber mount (that's flimsy as hell). Fill up the 3 holes solid with the window weld from a caulk gun, remove the cardboard and use a puddy knife to clean up each side smooth, bolt the cross member back up and let it sit over night and dry.

Voila! Enjoy your stiffer trans mount, smoother shifter, easier shifts when cornering, and easier 1-2-3 shifts under power. I was having MASSIVE PROBLEMS shifting the 1-2 shift with a rock solid launch on Drag radials and spraying a 150 shot out of the hole. I'd be locked out every time unless I waited a second to shift. Now it bangs right in. Also the shifter doesn't jiggle around when you hit the gas and let off. It doesn't even wiggle. The stock trans mount is a flimsy POS, you can jerk the trans around just laying under the car. So just think what it does when you launch!!! Stiffen that thing up, you'll thank me. BTW I've done this to three cars this week and each person was 100% satisfied.

implosive

Established Member
Yeah we used to do this in the 06+ civic si community on our motor + trans mounts. Cheap and easy solution instead of buying motor and trans mounts that make your teeth chatter.

konabluekiller

Established Member
No added nvh that I can tell. But its a dang mustang with an offroad x and almost straight exhaust. You want something quiet then buy a Prius. Also pics aren't needed, fill the holes in the rubber. It's simple.... If you want to see how the stock mount looks then Google it like I did (because it was raining outside) or just look under your car...

konabluekiller

Established Member
Sorry if that sounded rude but there's always the same worry wart questions about every mod. One reason I quit posting helpful tips a while back.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
He was asking because people were having issues with vibrations being fed from the cross member into the floor that you could physically feel, and I mean feel.

Sucks I'm still waiting on my Whiteline bushing. I may just try this method and see what happens...

but the question is...can it be reversed back to an open mount?

konabluekiller

Established Member
He was asking because people were having issues with vibrations being fed from the cross member into the floor that you could physically feel, and I mean feel.

Sucks I'm still waiting on my Whiteline bushing. I may just try this method and see what happens...

but the question is...can it be reversed back to an open mount?

My friend has the White line mount. Can't feel added nvh.. You always are gonna have whiney people who gripe about nvh or exhaust drone or other bs. Id prefer to not miss gears even if it meant I'd have to deal with added noise. .. But no I haven't noticed anything after window welding it besides crisper shifts... And no its not reversible. But idk why I'd want to make my car shift worse again.

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
He posted the video to show people what it looked like under the car.... Thanks Monster50!
Oh...

My friend has the White line mount. Can't feel added nvh.. You always are gonna have whiney people who gripe about nvh or exhaust drone or other bs. Id prefer to not miss gears even if it meant I'd have to deal with added noise. .. But no I haven't noticed anything after window welding it besides crisper shifts... And no its not reversible. But idk why I'd want to make my car shift worse again.

I was mainly just curious.

I'd be concerned a little bit on mine mainly because this is my DD, and I take regularly lonng trips in the car, and use cruise control, and don't want my feet to fall asleep from any possible floor vibration while driving for 5 hours...

Monster5.0

5.0>Terminator
Established Member
He posted the video to show people what it looked like under the car.... Thanks Monster50!
Yep I did. Its a good video that shows the whole situation down there. If you buy the part from CJPP or do what the OP says its a win-win either way.

Users who are viewing this thread