Tri-Ax shifter install question

Goldy

Established Member
Cobrabob,

Check this page from Joe Lynch. It shows one way to removing the stock shifter. It's slightly different than how I did it, but I think you'll the idea. And you will not scratch your new shifter; the channel lock pliers are only used to break the old shifter loose from the transmission. (I guess you may scratch the old shifter a bit though.)

http://www.lx.net/jlynch/shifter.htm

Good Luck.

Howard

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by magnum4000
If you were really trying to help, you would not have been such a prick. :bash:

moron.

Stupid people make me sick. :bash:

Sorry to have stumbled upon your carefully concealed homosexuality.

unimpressed.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Let's play nice now folks. :)

Thanks to the additional contributors, and for your link Goldy. You were all helpful. I'm keeping a copy of this thread for future reference when the shifter comes in.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Originally posted by Brad
PS use locktite, there is no reason not to. There is alot of vibration down there and it just seems to be using locktite makes sense. A buddies tri ax became loose after a few months with no locktite.

I'm sittin here with the directions in front of me, there is no mention of locktite. They only stress to use the new (longer) bolts when installing the shifter.

I had a Tri Ax in my GT for 4 years without a problem, only issue was handle bolts worked a little loose once, thats cuz I had 2 layers of Dynamatt between the bastids. :D

Of course you could use the Locktite, its just a matter of preference.

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by Team13Racing
Brad I am in Boston and my shifter should be in this week you interested in giving me a hand?

Ill be around most of the week, I have midterms, but let me know whats up and I would be more than happy to help ya out.:-D If not during the week for sure on the weekend. :thumbsup:

SVTyballz

Established Member
Sheeeeeeeeesh.................

The SIMPLE task of installing a Tri-Ax has now turned into freakin brain surgery...............:gt: :gt: :gt:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gary

Users who are viewing this thread