Trinity article about motors blowing up

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
First step, what do the plugs look like?
Second is swapping the coils as mentioned.
Let the shop that built/tuned it go thru it first.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Fernando:
Do you know how to datalog?
Do you ever run octane booster?
For as little as you drive it (like 99% of us) you’ll protect you’re investment with some quality octane booster if your committed to pump 91/93.
-J

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
Don’t forget that 13-14 are the real last Shelby too. After those years the rest will be just SVT as much as they slap Shelby badges everywhere!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree thats why we call the new ones ford performance gt500s small letters.Just look at the cobra emblem on the new one,it does NOT look like the old real COBRA emblems that SHELBY was known for.To me that shows that ford known themselves that the new ford performance gt500 is a real one.13-14 GT500 are king!!

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I agree thats why we call the new ones ford performance gt500s small letters.Just look at the cobra emblem on the new one,it does NOT look like the old real COBRA emblems that SHELBY was known for.To me that shows that ford known themselves that the new ford performance gt500 is a real one.13-14 GT500 are king!!
:iagree:

There are, however, places where 2020+ fan-boys congratulate each other on bending over for dealers charging ADMs way over sticker. As an added bonus, many of their knob-shifted "Mustangs" feature ridiculous ricer wings attached by erector set mounting systems. It's both funny and sad to see fools taking pride in being parted from more of their money than the cars have any chance of being worth in this lifetime.

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member

There are, however, places where 2020+ fan-boys congratulate each other on bending over for dealers charging ADMs way over sticker. As an added bonus, many of their knob-shifted "Mustangs" feature ridiculous ricer wings attached by erector set mounting systems. It's both funny and sad to see fools taking pride in being parted from more of their money than the cars have any chance of being worth in this lifetime.
Don't hold back @Norton Tell them 2020+ FP fan boys :ROFLMAO: There just as bad as them old Guys who buy them 2013-14 SS. There just glorified 13-14 shelby GT500's....damn old fools...:ROFLMAO:

Fernando Limas

Established Member
Fernando:
Do you know how to datalog?
Do you ever run octane booster?
For as little as you drive it (like 99% of us) you’ll protect you’re investment with some quality octane booster if your committed to pump 91/93.
-J
No I do not know how to data log.

I have never run any type of fuel additive. Using pump 93 since I bought it. Is there an octane booster that is recommended? If I run an octane booster does that affect future fuel upgrades? Like stepping up to E85? Any links for me to read up on? Product links?

Fernando Limas

Established Member
interesting

I was going to suggest simply swapping coils around. IE swap 2&3 7&8 and see if the misfire follows the coil or not. If not then look at plugs and compression/leak down etc...
Sounds like an easy enough trouble shoot. I’ll have to do this and see what happens.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member

yep i agree with this statement.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Them 13-14 GT500 super snake widebodys are going from 150K-200K.The GT 500.1000 is over 200K now.
Yes sir Mr.@Cobra Therapy. They really took off once shelby made the formal announcement that the program was coming to an end. I feel very lucky and priviledged to own something that a legend like carroll shelby had his hands in designing and approved before he left us. There is just nothing else out there like it!

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
Yes sir Mr.@Cobra Therapy. They really took off once shelby made the formal announcement that the program was coming to an end. I feel very lucky and priviledged to own something that a legend like carroll shelby had his hands in designing and approved before he left us. There is just nothing else out there like it!
I agree with what you said.I dont have a super snake,but the 13-14 GT500s are the last real GT500s.The new ford performance gt500 should have been called the COBRA R like in 2000.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with what you said.I dont have a super snake,but the 13-14 GT500s are the last real GT500s.The new ford performance gt500 should have been called the COBRA R like in 2000.
Absolutely agree 100%. 13-14 shelby's are all valuable in my eyes. FP Gt500 is a sale pitch, should of just kept it ford related. There still nice cars thou! To each is his own. I watch them roll down the line all day at the mustang plant.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
BTW.....that black 2014 Shelby GT500 you got is Bad Boy. You get that new built motor done yet?

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks,the motor should be at the shop monday.L&M sent it out earlier this week.There is a HUGE shortage of parts down there.I always talk with Mike when i call.
Cool! looking forward to hearing that beast when its done. Just watched you YT video on your timing parts and valve covers. Good luck Man! Hope everything goes smooth for you and you get your shelby out this summer..... (y)

Last edited:

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
Cool! looking forward to hearing that beast when its done. Just watched you YT video on you timing parts and valve covers. Good luck Man! Hope everything goes smooth for you and you get your shelby out this summer..... (y)
Thanks again for the kind words!!And thanks for looking at the video.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
No I do not know how to data log.

I have never run any type of fuel additive. Using pump 93 since I bought it. Is there an octane booster that is recommended? If I run an octane booster does that affect future fuel upgrades? Like stepping up to E85? Any links for me to read up on? Product links?
Several to choose from regarding Octane boosters. I like VP products in general and they are easy to find. Boostane is another but you really should consider adding a can every tank. How many miles do you drive per year?
On datalogging it’ll take some time but if you’re planning on keeping this car I’d recommend you learn. Does your tuner use HP Tuners or SCT?
-J

Users who are viewing this thread