Trinity article about motors blowing up

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I like his GT500!!He runs it hard and I have learned some things from him.It will be interesting to find out what happened .
The problem is you cant really have the best of both worlds. Either build a race car for the track or keep it for the street. 4200lb shelby GT500 half setup for the track is not the best way to go......IMO. Just my 2cents! Not saying that you cant take your mostly stock car and not have a reasonable good time at the track. Because that can be done! It just comes with a cost when sh$t breaks!!

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
The problem is you cant really have the best of both worlds. Either build a race car for the track or keep it for the street. 4200lb shelby GT500 half setup for the track is not the best way to go......IMO. Just my 2cents! Not saying that you cant take your mostly stock car and not have a reasonable good time at the track. Because that can be done! It just comes with a cost when sh$t breaks!!
Yes you are right.Its just crazy how things happen sometimes.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes you are right.Its just crazy how things happen sometimes.
Yup! Even cars built for the track will break! Its a part of this game and this game ain't cheap!!! (If you want to play you got to be ready to pay)

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
Yup! Even cars built for the track will break! Its a part of this game and this game ain't cheap!!! (If you want to play you got to be ready to pay)

yep

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Sucks he blew his engine up, I know his 3.8 whipple is for sale on FB market place, I heard he's putting a turbo on it now. I built my engine to make big power, but it's going to stay a fun street car.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member

I agree with this.

Bummer he blew it up though. I used to watch his stuff quite a bit but haven’t as of late. He definitely beats on his stuff imo. But hey, not my money.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

robvas

Established Member
I would have kept it at 800hp or whatever he had from the Gen3R on the stock engine...but I'm broke.

That 5.8 build had to have cost $25,000 alone and he probably has at least another $25,000 into it...he doesn't get a ton of YouTube views, most are 50-150k. Does he make that much money selling shirts and shit?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I would have kept it at 800hp or whatever he had from the Gen3R on the stock engine...but I'm broke.

That 5.8 build had to have cost $25,000 alone and he probably has at least another $25,000 into it...he doesn't get a ton of YouTube views, most are 50-150k. Does he make that much money selling shirts and shit?
He made like 1,100 with the Gen3R TVS, and agreed, that car would have been better off around 1000whp. I think he makes good money from Youtube and I'm sure he makes good money off selling shirts and stuff, I know he posts on here occasionally, maybe he'll drop in.

robvas

Established Member
He made like 1,100 with the Gen3R TVS, and agreed, that car would have been better off around 1000whp. I think he makes good money from Youtube and I'm sure he makes good money off selling shirts and stuff, I know he posts on here occasionally, maybe he'll drop in.
I was thinking of whatever he had with the stock bottom end

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I was quoted 12 - 14K back in 2014 to take my motor to the next level. It didn't make sense then & it doesn't make sense now for a " street " car..
Agreed! No need for a 1300rwhp shelby GT500 street car. But there is nothing wrong with having a few extra under the hood whoop ass ponies too put those dodge/GM fan boys in there place......just saying!

Pee on GM.jpg

Last edited:

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
Agreed! No need for a 1300rwhp shelby GT500 street car. But there is nothing wrong with having a few extra under the hood whoop ass ponies too put those dodge/GM fan boys in place......just saying!
I can see 1000hp to the tire being real good,like you said to keep the Garbage Motor boys and fiat tugboats behind a mile or so!!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
As far as best street able drag radials go, I found 800-850rwhp will be the most ‘fun’ on the street. North of that you really only want ET Street Rs and Hoosier DR2s. At around 1100rwhp I’ll lay stripes thru 100mph+ but it’s controlled on tall 315/50/17 MTs with 4.00 gears in the 9”. Starting in 3rd around 60mph it’ll actually hook and it’s a damn rocket til the top of 4th close to 160mph
Again, more isn’t always better and with the torque we have I’d target 800-850rwhp and some 315/40/18 or 315/35/20 DRs
-J

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
As far as best street able drag radials go, I found 800-850rwhp will be the most ‘fun’ on the street. North of that you really only want ET Street Rs and Hoosier DR2s. At around 1100rwhp I’ll lay stripes thru 100mph+ but it’s controlled on tall 315/50/17 MTs with 4.00 gears in the 9”. Starting in 3rd around 60mph it’ll actually hook and it’s a damn rocket til the top of 4th close to 160mph
Again, more isn’t always better and with the torque we have I’d target 800-850rwhp and some 315/40/18 or 315/35/20 DRs
-J
With the widebody SS Im thinking set of RTS S77 welds for my fun time set of rims, 15x11 REAR & 20x9 Front. W/Mickey ET Street R P325/50/R15 Rear & 275/35R/20 Street Comp for the front. Checking to see if those rear 15x11 will clear my rear brakes. After my upgrades this fall I should see 840-870 RWHP. Most of the upgrades will be in suspension/subframe, tunnel brace support and complete drive train upgrade from front to rear. Motor just getting Cams and LTH's and a custom tune for now. Im almost ready to pull the trigger on the Motec 150 ECU install at the same time. The car should be pretty much all set for a major motor upgrade/ lighter K Member when and if I choose to do so. Atleast I'll have some comfort knowing I have everything upgraded to support a built motor and beable to launch as hard as I desire without having to worry about breaking something in the drivetrain or twerking the frame.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread