True Forged 702 teaser pictures

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
So I finally got my boxes of goodness from Steve! :pepper: Thanks to Jay (biminiLX) for making things happen with Helios so I could get the performance pack finish on these wheels. Without him, it would have been a lot harder to pull the trigger on any wheels. With his help, I knew the finish would look great with my car. I love how the color changes with the light. Helios left a little bit to be desired with the paint on one of the wheels, but Steve's work is flawless.

Jay, :beer: thanks man!

Steve, :beer: thanks man, I can't wait to get these on my car.

DSC_0490HD_zps97a7c4f2.jpg

DSC_0478HD_zps3c7d5ddd.jpg

DSC_0472HD_zpse57e2829.jpg

DSC_0495HD_zpsda98a3aa.jpg

I'll post more pictures once I get the wrapped up in some MPSS goodness and onto my car. A little detail work and I'll be good to go!

carguy19

Established Member
Wow the finish looks very light on those compared to factory PP Finish.

Love the look of it.

Not a fan of the bolts showing but the wheels are gorgeous.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Thanks guys... I can't wait to get them on the car.

Wow the finish looks very light on those compared to factory PP Finish.

Love the look of it.

Not a fan of the bolts showing but the wheels are gorgeous.

Here is a cell phone picture I took earlier in the day. The wheels just light up in bright light.

20140809_081747_zpskfmrhbrf.jpg

I wanted to try to hide the bolts initially but I planned on doing some track days and Steve advised the visible bolts would be better for that. Here is a picture I just took for comparison. My wheels are dirty as ****, I went to Soundgarden/NiN Thursday night in Charlotte, NC. I haven't been able to wash the car since I got back yesterday afternoon.

20140809_155322_zpsvzhfw5df.jpg

carguy19

Established Member
The finish looks so much nicer on the TF then on the stockers.

Love how much more silver it looks.

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
would the SVT centercap be interchangeable. it's a better than stock look, while looking "factory" should I say? ... without being too wild. I really like that design.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
would the SVT centercap be interchangeable. it's a better than stock look, while looking "factory" should I say? ... without being too wild. I really like that design.
I promised Steve I would take pictures for him with TF caps. Here is a preview of the custom center caps he made for me -

centercap_zps7c196d62.jpg

svt662

Established Member
Nice looking wheel. Can't wait to see them on your Shelby!

ThomasL

Established Member
My wheels are dirty as ****, I went to Soundgarden/NiN Thursday night in Charlotte, NC. I haven't been able to wash the car since I got back yesterday afternoon.

20140809_155322_zpsvzhfw5df.jpg

Wow. Color looks great next to PP wheels! Should be amazing on your car. Also, I'm seeing NIN/Soundgarden in Tampa on Monday :rockon:

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Wow. Color looks great next to PP wheels! Should be amazing on your car. Also, I'm seeing NIN/Soundgarden in Tampa on Monday :rockon:
It was a great show! Soundgarden is one of my all time favorite bands. They only played one song from the new album, the best one imo- A thousand days before. They opened with Searching With My Good Eye Closed. Only thing that would have been better is if they would have played another hour. NiN was good but they are not exactly my style, and they only played one song from Pretty Hate Machine which is the one album of theirs I really like. Great show though no doubt! Funny thing for me was to find out that Soundgarden was opening for NiN. I thought it would be the other way around.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Those are great.

Thanks! In my haste to post the pictures I didn't say why I wanted the wheels like this. I think I paid a decent amount of homage to Shelby and SVT at the same time. I love Alcoa wheels, they are sweet, but I don't think I would like bright wheels on my car. Plus, Steve's design has a little extra flair by making them concave. Another thing that makes them unique is the black bolts, I think the contrast with the pp finish works and with the center caps they tie in well. I asked Steve to put the 'SVT' on the center caps like the stockers, but it also says has True Forged displayed. Then of course I have the pp finish just like the stock wheels. I don't think anyone whose seen that finish in person wouldn't like how it looks or how it reacts to light. They are different, but shouldn't overpower the car. To me wheels don't make the car, they compliment the car.. I think I accomplished that without going off the reservation.

Users who are viewing this thread