Truth? about David A. Wilks and the "Coolah"

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
sorry, this deserves it's own thread (lock it if you want, but people need to know what's going on). you may recognize this guy as the one w/ the "Coolah" on the yellow 03 Cobra (that is NOT his car). here are 3 threads that show what's been going on w/ this dude.

subaru crowd:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=256918&perpage=25&pagenumber=17

cliff notes: he sold parts to people and recieved money from them, but it turns out the car was a stolen WRX that he was parting out. many people paid and did not recieve their parts. one guy bought an engine and it took about 2-3 months for david to send it to him and when he did, THERE WAS NO VIN # ON IT!!!! the guy sent it back...anyway, it's a good read. i suggest you look into it. if you scroll through there, you will see time and time again how he makes excuses for the parts not being delivered. notice the date it was posted and then look at the last page...almost 6 months and people still had not recieved parts, but paid him for them!

viper crowd:
http://www.viperalley.com/showflat....47&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=2&vc=1

not as extreme, but you can read about the trouble people are having getting parts after payment was made.

http://www.fordpower.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43078

this guy Fred as well as Shelley (the one w/ the Saleen fiasco) can be trusted. How do i know this? i called the detective (today)that worked w/ Shelley on this case and he could not go into details w/ me, but assured me that Shelley's story can be trusted. i told him the jist of what i had heard and he said to listen to her. don't know about y'all, but that's pretty good for me.

this is a heads up to everyone who is thinking of buying this "Coolah". no one is questioning whether it works or if it's a good product (expensive as hell). i've personally seen it. it does work, but i would be very hesistant to send him money if you don't have the product in hand. he knows what he's talking about and odds are, he'll try to defend himself by dragging both Fred and Shelley's name through the mud, but there is no reason not to trust them. there are more holes in his stories than a block of swiss cheese.

on Fordpower.net, his birthday in his bio is not correct. it says 12/31/69 when in fact it's 4/23/68. i had a buddy of mine check it out. unless there is another David Alden Wilks in Sugarland, TX, he put the wrong date on his bio for some reason. sounds pretty fishy to me.

anyway, the point of this thread is to WARN those who are thinking of buying the "Coolah"...he may or may not come through w/ it if you buy it, but if he doesn't i don't want to have to tell anyone that "i told you so".

no flames intended here. just trying to make it known.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
thanks for the warning :beer:

....scammers tend to forget that even though the Internet is a big place, people eventually end up putting things together and sounding an alarm

roushraven

zzzZZzz
Established Member
God bless you friend. I just sent that guy an e-mail requesting details to order one of those "coolahs".

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Originally posted by sbc.cobra
there are more holes in his stories than a block of swiss cheese.

Are you talking about y brother's Lightning's engine block>??? HaHaHa! :D

Thanks for the warning I liked the looks and the gains of that thing but have enough headaches already. Thanks! -Mat-

MadNesss

Established Member
thanks very much for the info... I think, not sure, but I think the JDM heatexchanger will mount on the cobra as well as the lightning...

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by MadNesss
thanks very much for the info... I think, not sure, but I think the JDM heatexchanger will mount on the cobra as well as the lightning...

if not, get the PHP one w/ the fans. i know a guy here in houston w/ one and it works great...not sure of the water temp differences, but he says it works good.

f4sfed

Established Member
For those of you new(er) to this board: know that this is the same person that (at one time) justified marking up the sticker price (by thousands of dollars), in a misguided attempt to create exclusivity.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
We have a good group of folks here and we need to look out for each other.
Nice detective work Scott. :beer:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Here's a pic of him. If anyone lives in the Sugar Land TX area I know some people willing to pay for services rendered... ;-)

DavidViperRedGTS.jpg

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Uncle Meat
Here's a pic of him. If anyone lives in the Sugar Land TX area I know some people willing to pay for services rendered... ;-)

DavidViperRedGTS.jpg

wonder who's car that is? i know it's not his. he tried to convice a buddy of mine to let him put on these new super duper sub-frame connectors. he said he need to keep it over the weekend b/c, get this, it would take 3 DAYS to install them...hahahahahahahahaha. he was probably wanting a car to cruise around in for the weekend. :retard:

MS KWIK

Established Member
:beer:

Here's to Scott, Tracy, Fred, Keith and everyone else who came to my defense. What I went through last year with him, no one should have to.

Shelley

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
I knew this guy was bad news ever since looking at his website for the "Coolah"s. I was talking to a friend of mine last night about that this guy might be a crook cause he wants way too much money for those hunks a aluminum.

03'Darin

Established Member
sbc.cobra,

great detective work. The real funny thing is I just came from his sight (I got there from a different thread on this board where he has a link) checking out the "Coolah". It looks like a really nice piece of equipment but a he11 of a lot of money.

People and businesses that do things like this need to be exposed and stopped.

I have just gone through a several month battle with a company called Leatherique. They advertise a three step, very involved process that is supposed to strip the dye/paint off of your factory leather interior, soften to a supple feel and re-dye to match the original color. Their process has ruined the two front seats on my wifes 97' Cobra. I just bought an interior out of an 03' to replace it with. I have decided the best way for me to educate future potential customers of their business practices is send the details out over the internet. I am in the process of putting the details together for my posts.

Sorry for the off topic rant but when I see people/businesses do stuff like this it really PISSES ME OFF!! and reminds me of my Leatherique experience.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Good job sbc.cobra :thumbsup:

When I was at the gym today I was thinking about his "coolah" and I thought "I would really like to purchase the cooler, but I would feel more comfotable buying from a performance place that wont go out of business any time soon and that is making alot of them."

I guess you answered my question!

j card

Established Member
Thanks for the heads up! I was thinking of ordering - not now, I'll make my own if I have to.

John

Users who are viewing this thread