Truth? about David A. Wilks and the "Coolah"

MS KWIK

Established Member
Thanks Bingo, I figured he still had that. He took my 8.8 out and installed an IRS from what he claimed was a 2000 Cobra R. God knows that was probably stolen :( We were supposed to enter the car in the Silver State Classic and some Texas open road races, but the minute I let him have the car he stopped communicating with me. I later find out that while he's hitting on me on the Net, he's been living with his fiancé for over a year! Can you say SCUMBAG! :loser:

At the property hearing where David was trying to come after my friend Charlie and I for $5,000, he could not provide receipts to the judge or police as to where those parts came from.... The car was released back to Charlie and we sold the car to a friend of mine in TX, where it is safe and has a good home now. It was MY car, I was making payments to Charlie, Charlie's name was on the title. I continued to make payments to Charlie while David street raced, open tracked, and showed my Saleen all over TX, claiming it was his. I was furious. Of course he lied that he bought the car from Steve Saleen. What a joke. Charlie and I purchased the Saleen from a guy out in Southern CA. I love the spew from David that I lied to him and said that I had purchased it from Saleen. David was supposed to send me money every two weeks for the payments until he could buy it in full, and I was keeping the pmts up to date with Charlie. In 10 months I received 1 1/2 pmts. When I nicely asked for the car back, even offering to pay for transportation back to CA, he refused to give it back to me, claiming at first I owed him $2,500, then $5,000 for these parts he installed, which I never authorized. He had his brother write up a phony estimate on a Meineke Muffler form, where his brother works as a manager. He told me when I first met him he had tons of performance parts laying around his garage, he would love to build up the car for me (NO CHARGE), and do these races together. Hahaha. I believed him. WORST mistake of my life.

When I got my Saleen out of impound, I found a bottle of "Hot Sex" liquour in the hatch. I wonder if he was drinking that with his fiancé? :lol1:

Shelley

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
the power of the Internet, at its best...ya gotta love it!

as for you Mr. Wilks...you better watch your back because you've gained a whole new group of haters, ones that you never got the chance to screw over, but ones that are willing to stand up for what's right....and you will never know who many of us are.......but now we all know who YOU are (and what you look like) :bash: :kaboom:

Last edited:

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
I read all 17 pages of the thread over on the Subaru forum on this guy...wheeeeww. I've been scammed numerous times on eBay and it never takes the sting out. If I had lost $1K, I'd personally go see him and take a "persuader". Use your imagination Wilks...if you're reading this from jail, that is! Loser.

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
someone go on the corral and shut him up:thumbsup:

went there and posted, but i don't have any pull over there b/c i'm brand new...other people should register and post.

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
Great job!!! I'm sure this kind of diligence will safe a lot of people grief. Whenever I buy any performance part on the Internet I also run a search on this board first. Information like this is one of the many reasons why this site is so beneficial. To those who watch out for the rest of us. :beer:

TOC

Established Member
Glad to see this bottom feeding scum sucker openly exposed. Considering the number of people he's screwed over it's a wonder he's still alive.

When I first saw him post about the intercooler, I sent out some PM's to individuals to warn them of his history. Now that this thread has been started, I can openly tell my story.

In 1997, I met Wilks during an open track event. He seemed knowledgeable regarding Mustangs. The result of that meeting was I made the mistake of leaving my car (93 Cobra) with Wilks (then D&D or some such thing) to install a Tremec transmission. Unfortunately for me I had to go overseas on business for several weeks shortly after I dropped it off.

About 2 weeks later I found out from friends in Houston that he and he brother had been thrashing the like it there was no tomorrow (keep in mind I told him not to drive it). I had the car towed out of his shop sans transmission. He'd also started to install a torque arm on the car that I never authorized. Parts were taken off the car that never would be found again.

Later inspection of the car showed that he'd completely worn out a set of tires, and the brakes pads were worn to the backing plates. The internal inspection of my fresh 347 stroker (when it went into his shop) showed that the engine had much of it's life used up (actually a credit to the original engine builder that it held together).

I was probably lucky that I had someone tip me off and I was able to extract the car while it was still actually running.

I thought about pursuing legal action, but wrote it off to my price for being stupid in not checking this guy out more thoroughly before giving him the keys.

Ultimately that’s the moral for all those who may use the services of any performance shop, , , check them out before you surrender your keys or your money!!!!

Last edited:

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by TOC
Glad to see this bottom feeding scum sucker openly exposed. Considering the number of people he's screwed over it's a wonder he's still alive.

When I first saw him post about the intercooler, I sent out some PM's to individuals to warn them of his history. Now that this thread has been started, I can openly tell my story.

In 1997, I met Wilks during an open track event. He seemed knowledgeable regarding Mustangs. The result of that meeting was I made the mistake of leaving my car (93 Cobra) with Wilks (then D&D or some such thing) to install a Tremec transmission. Unfortunately for me I had to go overseas on business for several weeks shortly after I dropped it off.

About 2 weeks later I found out from friends in Houston that he and he brother had been thrashing the like it there was no tomorrow (keep in mind I told him not to drive it). I had the car towed out of his shop sans transmission. He'd also started to install a torque arm on the car that I never authorized. Parts were taken off the car that never would be found again.

Later inspection of the car showed that he'd completely worn out a set of tires, and the brakes pads were worn to the backing plates. The internal inspection of my fresh 347 stroker (when it went into his shop) showed that the engine had much of it's life used up (actually a credit to the original engine builder that it held together).

I was probably lucky that I had someone tip me off and I was able to extract the car while it was still actually running.

I thought about pursuing legal action, but wrote it off to my price for being stupid in not checking this guy out more thoroughly before giving him the keys.

Ultimately that’s the moral for all those who may use the services of any performance shop, , , check them out before you surrender your keys or your money!!!!

man that sucks...sorry to hear that happened to you...odds are, he'll push the blame off on you, like he did w/ Shelley, Fred, and the Subaru owner

Users who are viewing this thread