Try that in a small town.

rborden

Established Member
Leftists scumbags are triggered by Jason Aldean's new song, "Try That In A Small Town".

They're so triggered that CMT pulled the video from their website after intense backlash. Honestly I'm surprised that YouTube hasn't yanked it yet.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Years ago CMT did a weird city cowboy type reality series and I lost interest in that channel altogether. I'm surprised they still play music videos. Anyway, I listened to the song a few days ago and I thought it was good. But I did think to myself this was gonna piss off some softies. It damn sure did.

JaCobro

Luke 10:19
Established Member
Premium Member
Jason Aldean statement,
In the past 24 hours I have been accused of releasing a pro-lynching song (a song that has been out since May) and was subject to the comparison that I (direct quote) was not too pleased with the nationwide BLM protests. These references are not only meritless, but dangerous. There is not a single lyric in the song that references race or points to it- and there isn’t a single video clip that isn’t real news footage -and while I can try and respect others to have their own interpretation of a song with music- this one goes too far.
As so many pointed out, I was present at Route 91-where so many lost their lives- and our community recently suffered another heartbreaking tragedy. NO ONE, including me, wants to continue to see senseless headlines or families ripped apart.
Try That In A Small Town, for me, refers to the feeling of a community that I had growing up, where we took care of our neighbors, regardless of differences of background or belief. Because they were our neighbors, and that was above any differences. My political views have never been something I’ve hidden from, and I know that a lot of us in this Country don’t agree on how we get back to a sense of normalcy where we go at least a day without a headline that keeps us up at night. But the desire for it to- that’s what this song is about.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great song! Great lyrics!! On point!!! It's a awesome patriotic song. Our country is under attack from multiple factions of society and this song stands up to them all, and for US!

CMT has gone WOKE! No real surprise. But, Aldean is getting a lot of support, as well.
Legal scholar Jonathan Turley argued the decision could hurt the television network financially and was damaging to "artistic freedom and free speech."

"...Putting aside CMT's effort to become the BudLight of networks, the decision to yield to the intense cancel campaign is an abandonment of principles of artistic freedom and free speech," he wrote.

BlazeTV host Chad Prather praised the "badass patriotic" song and lamented CMT's "shameful" decision to pull it.

MG0h3

Established Member
Are we surprised?

These are the same ****ing assholes that call a black person a white supremacist if he doesn’t go along with making excuses for the millions of absolute worthless human beings we are stuck with.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Nuder whitey. This cracks me up! The list of rap songs that suggest killing of enemies and police is endless, but that music is OK. This song with some racist interpretation by a racist is found objectionable. Only a racist could infur though their twisted perspective that the song is about color. I listened to it several times, no mention of ethnicity. One would have to assume all crimes are perpetrated by one race in particular, to come to a racist conclusion.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
To say that it has "Racial Undertones" is to scream black people are the problem. That in itself is racist as hell.

Well that settles that...THE VIEWless" doesn't approve...so it's a GOOD THING.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
IMG_3186.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread