Trying to get wheel ideas

FireDragon

Established Member
Getting closer to ordering new wheels. The only problem is, with so many choices, I'm having a tough time deciding. My car is Sterling Grey and I think I've ruled out chrome or polished as I'm not real crazy about how they look with my color.

004.jpg

While browsing the vast amount of combinations out there I found this on(of all cars) a camaro. The accents were red, but I changed them to grey in photoshop. I kinda like the idea of Sterling Grey color matched centers/black accent with a black lip.

Img0037-1.jpg

So I did a crappy photoshop of some True Forged SleeperFE wheels on a Shelby in a similar combo. Try to vision color matched on Sterling Grey.

Picture2-34b.jpg

Another option is the SleeperFE with a black chrome powdercoat with a gloss black/gloss black powdercoat lip.

adc.jpg

Ideas? I thought about maybe the Chicanes with color matched centers and black lip also. Then there's the Carbon Fiber wrapped centers with black lip SleeperFE option. Starting to get a headache thinking about how I want my wheels, lol.

FireDragon

Established Member
stock wheels look awesome

I agree, and if they were wider than 9.5 inches I'd keep them on. I haven't heard of anyone widening the stock svtpp wheels yet, but I guess that is an option too. Both the 2010 and svtpp wheels being close to color matched on sterling grey sold me on the look.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Satin black Alcoas. Run the 10" up front, widen the rear to 11.75 and run a 315. Remove bump stop brackets, buy the relocation bumpstop kit, call it done.

I'm biased though - that is what I am doing :)

Last edited:

IA Shelby

Established Member
Forgestar F14 in either textured black or textured Gun Metal. You can can 11 inch width in 20 and 19. They are very light, well constructed and reasonably priced for a quality wheel. They offer custom offsets and staggered set ups. The offer either deep or semi concave. I think you can only run deep in teh rear wheels as the deep in 9.5 for the front won't clear the brembos.

breoland

Established Member
Satin black Alcoas. Run the 10" up front, widen the rear to 11.5 and run a 315. Remove bump stop brackets, buy the relocation bumpstop kit, call it done.

I'm biased though - that is what I am doing :)

what 315 are you running?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I agree, and if they were wider than 9.5 inches I'd keep them on. I haven't heard of anyone widening the stock svtpp wheels yet, but I guess that is an option too.

I have. Does 11-1/2" work for you?
svtPPgt500withTWOinchesADDEDtoTHEwheelWIDTHandANeigthINCHspacer.jpg

More here and here.

But enough of cutting and pasting stock wheels. I've been lobbying hard to FRPP for an 11" SVT PP wheel (they'd probably only do it in a 19" though). Send them a note asking for the same as I'm really hoping they get the idea that there is enough market to support a small run, just as the did when they came out with the 10" x 19" PP style wheel.

Tob

FireDragon

Established Member
I have. Does 11-1/2" work for you?

Nice! I'd like 10.5-11, preferably without the need for spacers as I'm looking at running the Nitto NT05 315/35/20s in the back. They call for at least a 10.5" wide wheel. I agree they should offer the SVT PP wheel in an 11" but with a 19' wheel, tire options are limited.

breoland

Established Member
the only thing about the nt05 in the 315/35/20 is that thet are a tall tire. stock hieght is 27.7 and the nittos are 28.8.
the closest drag radial is the toyo 315/30/20 r888.
so from all the info that has been posted in the forums the drag radial is about 400 bucks and last 10,000 miles andyou are in trouble if you get stuck in the rain. as for traction they said that there is really no first gear but second is there and it plants you into the seat.
now if you went with a wider rim 11.75 and went with a dunlop 325/30/20 or the ps2 335/30/20 the ires ranges form 600 to 800 per tire but last 3 times longer than the toyo and if you get stuck in the rain you are somewhat safer. and as for the traction, basically the same as the toyo no first but second is there.
if you are willing to do this, the best wheel for the job is the alcoa and you can get them in black

SMOKE

Old School ROUSH
Established Member
Have you completely ruled out a color option .... ie. a thin red/blue rimmed wheel?
I love the stockers too and would maybe just get those to color match.

OTW, the blacks would look great ->SleeperFE with a black chrome powdercoat with a gloss black/gloss black powdercoat lip.

breoland

Established Member
To me i think the alcoa is the nicest looking wheel for the gt500, i have in the dura brite finish for my 09 red and white stripe gt500
and the black alcoas look outstanding too

IA Shelby

Established Member
If you want to keep stock height on tires and run wider consider Toyo T1r 255/35/20 & 305/30/20. They have nearly identical height vs OEM. Allows for the car to be lowered without modifications. On the flip side move to the taller nitto and you won't need to lower the vehicle however you might need to step up to 4.10 gears.

FireDragon

Established Member
the only thing about the nt05 in the 315/35/20 is that thet are a tall tire. stock hieght is 27.7 and the nittos are 28.8.

Yeah, I noticed the height difference. What are the concerns of running a little taller tire? A little more unstable cornering because of more sidewall? Should it be that bad? Also wouldn't a little more sidewall help traction a little bit? I'm also on the verge of making a decision on the KB 2.8LC. So I'm gonna need more traction for sure! I don't want a DR because I still like to turn. Also not real concerned with rain/cold as it's a nice weather only car.

if you are willing to do this, the best wheel for the job is the alcoa and you can get them in black

Nice wheel, but I'm looking for something a little different. Either cheaper(widen stockers) or custom.

FireDragon

Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...rged-custom-vectors-19x9-5-19x10-5-tires.html

^^ True Forged Vectors in Satin Black. Check into these. If they still have them for sale I bet you could get an even better deal than what already was offered. They look very similar to the Sleeper FEs and are great looking IMO.

They are SleeperFEs, True Forged just changed the name to Vectors because people were getting them confused with the regualer Sleeper wheels. They're nice, but just need something to make them pop. I've seen different pics of that car and another Sterling Grey with all Satin Black Chicanes, and IMO makes the car look too dull for me. Maybe gloss lips? Not a fan of the polished bolts, either.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
we can have the wheels color matched for you no problem. or the bolts, caps, whatever you want.

if it was my car, id put brushed aluminum wheels on them. maybe brushed with a color matched lip? or vice versa.

yes, there are TOO many options :p

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
we can have the wheels color matched for you no problem. or the bolts, caps, whatever you want.

if it was my car, id put brushed aluminum wheels on them. maybe brushed with a color matched lip? or vice versa.

yes, there are TOO many options :p

I'd run the brushed lip with color matched centers

BTW -The Toyo R888's received a great review for rain. Main reason I got them, and they handle the twisties fantastic!

breoland

Established Member
I'd run the brushed lip with color matched centers

BTW -The Toyo R888's received a great review for rain. Main reason I got them, and they handle the twisties fantastic!

I believe it was comparing between the other drag radials, which are all terible if you ask me

Users who are viewing this thread