TSB Listing

MikeW

Established Member
p3Pete .. I see your in Tennessee, me too. You have a MG Cobra Vert, Have you had any of the TSB work done? I have a Torch Red 03 and it has a build date of June 2002. I dont "think" I have the tick, but I may want to have the head swap just in case. Would you please send me the TSB for the tick? [email protected]

BTW have you ever looked on the http://www.tennesspeed.net/forums/ site a local TN site with some Memphis area folks on there too.

Thanks

Mike

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
Mike,
Moved here late last year from Jax, FL. Love the fact that a track is only 8 miles from my house - not like Jax where the closest 1/4 mile was Gainesville and even the 1/8 was a 45 minute drive...

Haven't had any TSB work done - not sure if I have the tick or not. My car is louder than some of the others around here, but its definitely not as loud as the tick file I heard on this forum. I'm going to wait to see if it gets worse. I really think it's just injector noise.

Haven't checked out that site, but I will. Memphis SVTOA is really active too. They have a website with a message forum as well. www.memphis-svtoa.com

We're having a huge car show on September 6th - maybe you could make it down. Details are on the site

Anyway, the TSB should be on its way.
Cheers,
Pete

Last edited:

MikeW

Established Member
Thanks for the info Pete... I will try to make it down on the 6th to the car show that sounds Great.

Thanks again,
Mike

Epic

Established Member
TSB Zip

Hi -

May car is heading in to the shop on Thursday.

Could you forward a copy of that TSB Zip file?
[email protected]

Thanks

n0xlf

Established Member
Add me to the list...And if you want, I can host your ZIP file on a web server so you don't have to keep mailing people..

[email protected] here for the email...

Thanks!!

El Culebra

Established Member
Originally posted by p3pete
Been noticing a few folks asking for TSB numbers. I just received my Ford Service DVD I got off ebay - July 2003 edition so it ought to be close to up to date. Here are the TSB's it lists:

2003 MUSTANG - TSBs found: 16

03-11-06 ELECTRICAL - WIRING - SOLDERING AND CRIMPING REPAIRS - SERVICE TIPS

03-11-04 ENGINE - MUSTANG COBRA - TICK NOISE FROM ENGINE - COBRA VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH ENGINES BUILT BEFORE 11/1/2002 ONLY

03-10-01 PAINT - PLASTIC BUMPER/FASCIA PARTS - PREPARATION PROCEDURES - SERVICE TIPS

03-09-08 DRIVEABILITY - MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP (MIL) ILLUMINATED WITH DTC'S P0442, P0455, P0456, P0457, P1442 OR "CHECK FUEL CAP" LAMP ILLUMINATED WITH DTC P0457

03-09-05 SUSPENSION - CLUNK OR POP NOISE FROM REAR SUSPENSION - MUSTANG COBRA ONLY - SERVICE TIPS
NOISE - CLUNK OR POP NOISE FROM REAR SUSPENSION - MUSTANG COBRA ONLY - SERVICE TIPS

03-08-03 ENGINE - ENGINE OIL LEVEL INDICATOR MARKINGS - REPORTS OF LOW OIL LEVELS

03-03-06 SUSPENSION - DRIFT OR PULL TO RIGHT OR LEFT - MUSTANG COBRA MODELS ONLY

03-01-05 TRIM - PASSENGER SEAT RUBS AGAINST DOOR PANEL

02-23-07 COOLING SYSTEM - MOTORCRAFT PREMIUM GOLD ENGINE COOLANT - SERVICE TIPS

02-23-03 DRIVEABILITY - FUEL PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE (SCHRADER VALVE) DISCONTINUED
ENGINE - 3.0L/3.8L/4.6L - FUEL PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE (SCHRADER VALVE) DISCONTINUED

02-22-01 DRIVEABILITY - SURGE/ROLLING IDLE - GEAR DRIVEN SYNCHRONIZERS - INCORRECT INSTALLATION - CAMSHAFT POSITION SYNCHRONIZER (CMP) INSTALLATION TOOL CORRECT APPLICATION
ENGINE - GEAR DRIVEN SYNCHRONIZERS - INCORRECT INSTALLATION - CAMSHAFT POSITION SYNCHRONIZER (CMP) INSTALLATION TOOL CORRECT APPLICATION

02-21-13 ENGINE - STRAIGHTEDGE PROCEDURE FOR CHECKING CYLINDER HEAD AND BLOCK FLATNESS

02-20-08 CLIMATE CONTROL - A/C SERVICE TECH TIPS

02-17-08 NOISE - WINDNOISE FROM THE "A" PILLAR AREA

02-17-06 LAMP - BRAKE - INADVERTENT DISABLING OF BRAKE SHIFT INTERLOCK

02-16-07 BODY - PAINT - APPROVED PAINT MATERIALS FOR WARRANTY REPAIRS

Hope this helps.

Thanks it does I didn't see anything about tranny issues?

mustarrosa

Established Member
TSB

Is there anything about the IRS bolts? You know we have had recommendations to replace the 12mm forward stability bolts with 14mm bolts and that Maximum Motorsports makes a polyurethane replacement. I ordered the MM kit and went to the dealer to get the 14mm bolts. The service guy looked in his computer and said that the bolts call for 16mm! Cars made after a certain date... May 2002...had this 16mm bolt. Now that is a marked upgrade. Now I will get under my car and hand measure this OEM bolt to see is he is right> so do you think this DVD might have anything on this?

eod guy

Established Member
Could some one give me more info about this one:

03-08-03 low oil level

thanks

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
eodguy

PM your email address and I can send you that one specifically. It's in adobe acrobat (.pdf) format.
Cheers,
Pete

03snakevert

12 volt tech
Established Member
You are providing a great service. Thanks in advance, Are all of the tsbs for cobra or all mustangs. If you could please email me the irs clunk and suspension drift.

GIJOEBRUIN

Established Member
03-09-05 SUSPENSION - CLUNK OR POP NOISE FROM REAR SUSPENSION - MUSTANG COBRA ONLY - SERVICE TIPS
NOISE - CLUNK OR POP NOISE FROM REAR SUSPENSION - MUSTANG COBRA ONLY - SERVICE TIPS

02-20-08 CLIMATE CONTROL - A/C SERVICE TECH TIPS

Can I have these two?

Thanks!!

Joseph
[email protected]

maoun

Established Member
my version of the software doesn't give them all to me in one straight shot...i'm guessing yours doesn't either...nice of you to do that

thanks!
m.

Users who are viewing this thread