Tubes or no Tubes with MT ET Streets

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Awesome! I'll see you there but I'll be the slow car, lol.

I'm fighting discount right now to get my tires mounted. They say the nto5r are a lower load rating than what my car is and won't mount them.

Can you just bring the tires and rims to a place? That way you will not have to worry about them saying they dont go with your car. I have had places pass on mounting tires because they were not the tires for my car. Now I just take them off and bring them in without the car.

throthaduece85

spinning not winning
Established Member
no tubes on 28x10.5 Stiffwall Hoosier. Mine dont seem to lose air and i also made 20 mile drives from the house to the track and back with no drivability concern

RFM50

Established Member
The guys at discount are idiots. I went to test fit them this morning and noticed that they didn't balance them. So now I have to take them back.

RMoore92

Established Member
Can you just bring the tires and rims to a place? That way you will not have to worry about them saying they dont go with your car. I have had places pass on mounting tires because they were not the tires for my car. Now I just take them off and bring them in without the car.

Yeah, thats what I'm going to half to do. My buddy owns a shot and has some connections of someone who will mount them with no issues. Just waiting for the tires to be delivered to me now that I found someone to mount them.

RMoore92

Established Member
Wow that's retarded. Did you buy them through them or somewhere else? I would get your money back and order through summit or something and have someone else mount them. I was playing games with them today. Told them what I wanted done and they did it.

I bought them through a friend who has a wholesale hook up which make the tires about $30 cheaper per tire than retail so its hard to pass up but at this point trying to find someone to mount them for a reasonable price could ruin that delta of savings.

Gonna try Big O Tires, their site has NT05R's listed as a tire option for the car, wish me luck!

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Can't wait to test my ET Streets next week! I didn't have any problems getting Discount Tire to mount them. Just brought the rims in and had it done. I didn't have them balanced though because I don't think the sticky weights would clear the calipers.

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
Can't wait to test my ET Streets next week! I didn't have any problems getting Discount Tire to mount them. Just brought the rims in and had it done. I didn't have them balanced though because I don't think the sticky weights would clear the calipers.

What kind of wheel are you running? How much clearance do you have between the calipers? I was told that even though they are drag tires, they still need to be balanced. Maybe others will chime in and shed more light on whether to balance drag wheels or not.

RFM50

Established Member

I got mine balanced yesterday. Haven't tested them on the car yet but I had them put the weights as far back on the wheel as possible to clear the caliper. The weights are so thin, I don't think they will hit anyways. Mine took a lot of weight though.

RUQWKNF

KEEPER OF MANY SECRETS
Established Member
I've always had my bias ply tires balanced on every car I've run them on. Unbalanced will have vibrations at speed. And I always used stick on weights on the inside with duck tape covering them. It gives them the best chance at staying put.

Users who are viewing this thread