Tuned, intake, pulley C7 Z06 numbers

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Do want.

It seems they've addressed some of the concerns over power management through the ECU. What I personally would want is a tune to address the power management along with an intake. A conservative 620/620 would still be a monster at the track and hopefully be able to maintain that power level over the course of a standard 20 minute lap session.

Others will want more. It does look like the factory blower is about maxed out on the car. I wonder if the LS9 2.3 will fit atop without much fuss.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Why in the world would they put a 1.7L blower on a new engine with the LS9 has a 2.3? That is going freaking backwards and stupid as hell!! The z06 will clearly need a bigger s/c as the engine is using a lot of air!! SMH... I'd still take a ZR1 over the C7Z..

Z06

Established Member
Do want.

It seems they've addressed some of the concerns over power management through the ECU. What I personally would want is a tune to address the power management along with an intake. A conservative 620/620 would still be a monster at the track and hopefully be able to maintain that power level over the course of a standard 20 minute lap session.

Others will want more. It does look like the factory blower is about maxed out on the car. I wonder if the LS9 2.3 will fit atop without much fuss.

It won't fit, won't clear the hood and I believe I read somewhere about the heads being a bit different too. A monster nonetheless, tired of all this bashing over a race. That car is outright badass, in and out!

cclark

Established Member
Too bad the rear only looks good and black. And I wish they didn't use so much black plastic bits all over the car, makes it look cheap as hell

Gravik

Established Member
Obviously they put a 1.7l on it so that you would have to spend $7k on an upgraded blower.

TERMN8U

Established Member
Sweet !! So few mods and it's now comparable to a Hellcat. Not bad......

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Sweet !! So few mods and it's now comparable to a Hellcat. Not bad......

Nodding%20Bearded%20Man%20-%20Imgur_zpsiiiubw2e.gif

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
At this point I'm saving $70,000 by not buying one and just coming on here like I own one, busting balls daily. ;)

Lmfao you crack me up.

On a serious note. Its really a disappointment to hear that the blower is about maxed out in stock form.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Thought I was going to see 1/4 mike numbers. That's alot of power though for that 3500"ish" lb car.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Nobody can deny the car is well engineered and a real pinnacle of American Performance Cars.

Sadly so much of the hype around the C6Z was watching it wax cars with way more power during a roll race. The C7Z doesn't have the same prowess without voiding the warranty, and will likely get bashed for some time in stock form.

Going to be hard to change its legacy overnight

LS2GTO

Established Member
Why in the world would they put a 1.7L blower on a new engine with the LS9 has a 2.3? That is going freaking backwards and stupid as hell!! The z06 will clearly need a bigger s/c as the engine is using a lot of air!! SMH... I'd still take a ZR1 over the C7Z..

I too wonder the small blower. The CTSV and ZL1 use 1.9L's and the ZR1 use a 2.3.

They used a small blower simply because it was enough to meet their target power goals from the factory. Frankly, GM could care less about the "potential" of the engine (or lackthereof) and all they need is a reliable unit to make the power they marketed to its customers. They don't care that the engine needs a new blower to make 700+hp.

They also said the smaller blower was more responsive and quicker to build boost so that helped with driving experience.

It's bad news for us as enthusiasts because it takes a blower swap to make big power it seems, but to GM it's a smart move. Cheaper parts to begin with and they could offer a 2.3 upgrade of their on that they could themselves sell to those who wish to have more power. WIN/WIN in my book if I was a GM executive.

Users who are viewing this thread