Tuner says I am fat

spdracr0

Established Member
Well actually he didnt, but lets hear ways to shed some weight off of this pony. It needs a diet and a realistic one. And on another note I am 20lbs down, so I am trying. 40 to go...race weight..

D.T.R

Established Member
There is a thread already addressing all your same question, with a list of parts you can remove and how much they weight.

clean92lx

Established Member
These are all easily reversible and only takes less than 20 minutes to go back to stock. Start with the basics/free stuff. Take out spare, jack, trunk cover/mat, back seats, all floor mats, passenger head rest, engine cover, strut brace, and if you want, the passenger seat(65lbs alone). That will be about 100-110 lbs and about 165-175 with passenger seat out.

TEG-84

Established Member
Hmm, title made me think this was referring to GT500Slayer who just lost another race...and had an this as his new excuse.

TEG-84

Established Member
As the others stated plus, you might check into some lighter wheels, tires, rotors? Or pick up BMR's Tubular K-member and/or Radiator support.

D.T.R

Established Member
These are all easily reversible and only takes less than 20 minutes to go back to stock. Start with the basics/free stuff. Take out spare, jack, trunk cover/mat, back seats, all floor mats, passenger head rest, engine cover, strut brace, and if you want, the passenger seat(65lbs alone). That will be about 100-110 lbs and about 165-175 with passenger seat out.

add bigs & littles, and you're looking at another 60lbs EASILY on top of those 175lbs... so you already saved well over 200lbs with easy, simple, reversible stuff.

clean92lx

Established Member
My car is full weight right now but when I take all the stuff out that mentioned before, it feels like a whole different car. Definitely a very noticeable difference in acceleration.

D.T.R

Established Member
My car is full weight right now but when I take all the stuff out that mentioned before, it feels like a whole different car. Definitely a very noticeable difference in acceleration.

I couldn't agree any more with this.

BMR Tech

Since your car is heavily abused at the track, would you consider a manual rack conversion?

If so, you can save HUGE weight up front with that, paired with the BMR Front stuff.

Our K saves about 22lbs.
Our A-Arms save 10lbs.
Our RS002 saves about 25lbs.
EPAS Delete for Manual saves about 20lbs.

That is over 70lbs off the front of the car, where it matters. ;)

Bud

Established Member
Yes... Roman noodles for get to race weight.

Gotta be careful with that ramen noodle diet, I've actually gained weight since I started it :shrug:

Since your car is heavily abused at the track, would you consider a manual rack conversion?

If so, you can save HUGE weight up front with that, paired with the BMR Front stuff.

Our K saves about 22lbs.
Our A-Arms save 10lbs.

^^^ That is a great way to take a lot of weight off the front and it all bolts up nice and easy.

twistedneck

Established Member

Our K saves about 22lbs.
Our A-Arms save 10lbs.

I would love to have the above, but is there any way to use the manual rack on the road? I've seen huge slow ratios and still very high steering forces.

BMR Tech

I am not a big fan of manual steering on a car that gets driven on the street a lot (mainly with wide front tires).....but it depends on what you want, and can handle..

I've got probably 25-30 customers running our front suspension set-up with the Manual Rack conversion, on the street. Most of them say they don't mind it. Some hate it. It's definitely much different.

vortecd

Established Member
I'm all for lighter parts but not unbolting everything to get a good pass. I used to see grand prix owners do it at the track and it looked like they were having a garage sale. Your car should be the same weight at the track as it is on the street

nosscort

Established Member
I'm all for lighter parts but not unbolting everything to get a good pass. I used to see grand prix owners do it at the track and it looked like they were having a garage sale. Your car should be the same weight at the track as it is on the street

Agree

nonliberal

Established Member

I don't know that I would agree with that. I view the track and street as two seperate things and try to have the car do its best at both. I don't have a problem prepping the car before going to the track.
On the track I might run slicks, swaybar delete, race fuel, ice in the intercooler.

On the street I use what's more, safe, practical, and convenient.

Users who are viewing this thread